New Edition

Options

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They were really gassing Ralphs head up with those MJ comparisons. Dude sounded like a damn chipmunk as a child, the kid in the movie actually has a better voice than Ralph did in real life. Theres a reason why Ralph had the least amount of success out of the group, his voice was low key weak, and he had no presence whatsoever.

The ? wasnt a battle rapper
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BET could've started doing this year's ago to save us from those lifetime presents flicks. ? .
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how come johnny gil didn't like that boys to men song. that was a good coming of age song.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how come johnny gil didn't like that boys to men song. that was a good coming of age song.

The story I heard he wanted something like can you stand the rain type of song. From the way he portrays it he would purposely mess up songs when he was the lead singer
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ralphs wifey stayed nagging him about being solo
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options
    yall find me who plays ricky Bells wife...for research purposes.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cynthia Rodriguez

MV5BOTQxNDY3MDk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY5NDYyODE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

actress-cynthia-rodriguez-arrives-for-the-premiere-of-rlj-kickboxer-picture-id598200594?s=594x594

https://www.instagram.com/cynthiarodriguz/?hl=en

They still making Kickboxer movies? Will download just for her
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cynthia Rodriguez

MV5BOTQxNDY3MDk0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTY5NDYyODE@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

actress-cynthia-rodriguez-arrives-for-the-premiere-of-rlj-kickboxer-picture-id598200594?s=594x594

They still making Kickboxer movies? Will download just for her

Yeah, It's a thread in here somewhere about.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Anytime Michael Rapaport is involved in Black peoples lives in a movie it doesnt go well for them.

If they'd never gotten rid of their original manager literally none of the bad ? that lead to their demise wouldve happened. It was all chain reactions as soon as he got fired.

The mamas were hilarious tho.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Options

Cynthia Rodriguez

My man!
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should each beat the ? out of their parents for signing those janky ass contracts
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    dnyce215 wrote: »

The story I heard he wanted something like can you stand the rain type of song. From the way he portrays it he would purposely mess up songs when he was the lead singer

Not songs...just that one song because it was the first one they gave him to sing lead on and he hated it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Anytime Michael Rapaport is involved in Black peoples lives in a movie it doesnt go well for them.

If they'd never gotten rid of their original manager literally none of the bad ? that lead to their demise wouldve happened. It was all chain reactions as soon as he got fired.

The mamas were hilarious tho.

Nah Maurice Star was on some shady ? ...you can tell the way he tried to get Ralph to go solo from jump and ? on the other members
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Really enjoyed it , quality Black made for tv movie.

new edition & bbd had hits mayne.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought that the movie was great but the more that I think about it the more it make me sad and angry about how the record company took advantage of them. They made two albums and was still living in the projects, that's just crazy. how is this not child abuse I will never know. And what happened to their fathers? I can't believe that not one of their dads were not involved in their lives in some way. And I wonder what their dads thought when they was touring all over the freaking world have music videos on BET and still living in the projects? This is totally unacceptable. Where is the NAACP, Al Sharpton... seriously. This is child abuse. TLC got their money from their record company why couldn't someone do the same for them back then? Maybe this is a wider indication about what Black people in Boston are actually like. Everybody knows that Boston is one of the most racist cities in the U.S. Maybe they're treating the Black men up their like they did during the slavery days? I think it's time for a march, and/or some time of investigation to what's going on in Boston.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    I thought that the movie was great but the more that I think about it the more it make me sad and angry about how the record company took advantage of them. They made two albums and was still living in the projects, that's just crazy. how is this not child abuse I will never know. And what happened to their fathers? I can't believe that not one of their dads were not involved in their lives in some way. And I wonder what their dads thought when they was touring all over the freaking world have music videos on BET and still living in the projects? This is totally unacceptable. Where is the NAACP, Al Sharpton... seriously. This is child abuse. TLC got their money from their record company why couldn't someone do the same for them back then? Maybe this is a wider indication about what Black people in Boston are actually like. Everybody knows that Boston is one of the most racist cities in the U.S. Maybe they're treating the Black men up their like they did during the slavery days? I think it's time for a march, and/or some time of investigation to what's going on in Boston.

giphy.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was ok. I'm not a big biopic dude so my opinion on it isn't all that relevant to begin with, but people were overhyping the hell out of it. It's entertaining for what it was, but people were talking about it like it was some life changing ? . They called it the "R&B Roots" on the Breakfast Club. lol Come on now.

If you haven't seen the movie, let me summarize it for you.

They were kids.
    They wanted to be stars.
    They got a manager.
    They started getting gigs.
    They sang some songs.
    They got cheated out of money.
    They fought
    They grew up.
    They sang some song.
    The got cheated out of money.
    Bobby was a ?
    They sang some songs.
    They fought
    Bobby out, Johnny in
    They sang some songs.
    They fought.
    Bobby was still a ? .
    They split.
    They sang some songs
    They fought.
    Bobby continued to be a ? .
    Blah blah blah
    Everything was kinda sorta cool but only because the movie ended.
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. Im an older dude and grew up listen to the music. New edition was one of the best rnb group acts back in the day. It was funny how biv did the same thing to groups he signed that was done to him. Its messed up but I had to laugh. It kills me how dudes dont prepare for "when they outta here" and dont get into other businesses. You aint gonna be hot forever ? save your money and start a business ? damn.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Johnny was kinda heated they didn't show his origins but he got over it
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Johnny was kinda heated they didn't show his origins but he got over it

Don't know why, he wasn't there for the origins, lol! In his 50's and still fighting for respect, smh.