Did Houston need Mike Jones?

Options
Ear2DaSt
Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
You think Houston would be more bigger in the mainstream if Mike Jones stayed course?

Comments

• KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U got 6 threads and their ? worthy
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HafBayked wrote: »
    no, no they did not....

imo the whole movement blew up too quick with too many artists to have had a longer run than they did.....the industry bled them for everything and then they were done (as far as mainstream goes)

Houston hip hop/slab culture/style is definitely one of the most copied til this day

/thread
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Flip had Houston Tx on his back.Beefing with T.I. over some BS ruined it
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    Scarface still a ? for what he did to Lil Flip

????????????
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked his first album, but nah he wasn't needed. I remember Chamillion destroyed dude on them diss tracks. ? Jones, who?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options

????????????

T.I. called Face on the phone & Face was saying that Flip wasn't from Cloverland & started discrediting him. Instead of trying to make them squash the beef like an OG suppose. He was taking TI side like he had something malice towards Flip. Bun soon later checked Face for sticking himself in other people's beef. Face was salthy because Flip didn't want to sign with Face when he was running Def Jam South
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

????????????

T.I. called Face on the phone & Face was saying that Flip wasn't from Cloverland & started discrediting him. Instead of trying to make them squash the beef like an OG suppose. He was taking TI side like he had something malice towards Flip. Bun soon later checked Face for sticking himself in other people's beef. Face was salthy because Flip didn't want to sign with Face when he was running Def Jam South

Face also tried to turn away when Flip said Face was the real King of the South. Face the legend but that was some ? ? ? . How somebody making that much noise reppin your hood and then all of a sudden you never heard of him? Flip was Platinum before the T.I. beef, Game Over, all that.
  • T. Sanford
    edited January 2017
    Options

????????????

Face also tried to turn away when Flip said Face was the real King of the South. Face the legend but that was some ? ? ? . How somebody making that much noise reppin your hood and then all of a sudden you never heard of him? Flip was Platinum before the T.I. beef, Game Over, all that.

Oh yeah i remember that too. Face is indeed legend & top 5 but That moment is when Face because a ? ? for the first time in his career. Willie D is the realest out of Geto Boys. He was like "ain't the king of nothing, don't put me in that". I was like how you going to diss someone for bigging you up? "mannnnnnn Face is acting like a whole hoe out chea"
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Let me call his cell real quick and ask him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He brought them mainstream fans and he sold well. He wasnt the most talented but he did what other Houston artist couldnt so to say he wasnt needed is messed up
  • aneed123
    edited January 2017
    Options

????????????

Oh yeah i remember that too. Face is indeed legend & top 5 but That moment is when Face because a ? ? for the first time in his career. Willie D is the realest out of Geto Boys. He was like "ain't the king of nothing, don't put me in that". I was like how you going to diss someone for bigging you up? "mannnnnnn Face is acting like a whole hoe out chea"

dog Im a huge face fan but he his ? ? get overlooked cuz o popularity. He sabatoged Flip on purpose like a girl wood. That man came up under Screw. Them ? on that TI tape talking down were hoes too... I think it was one of the Botny Boys I may be wrong. Them ? hated on Flip so hard and it was uncalled for . They wanted a SlimThug type dude in his spot cuz Flip was a basketball playing kid instead of a perceived super hard ass street ? . The hood aint ? . Zro a real dude tho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

????????????

dog Im a huge face fan but he his ? ? get overlooked cuz o popularity. He sabatoged Flip on purpose like a girl wood. That man came up under Screw. Them ? on that TI tape talking down were hoes too... I think it was one of the Botny Boys I may be wrong. Them ? hated on Flip so hard and it was uncalled for . They wanted a SlimThug type dude in his spot cuz Flip was a basketball playing kid instead of a perceived super hard ass street ? . The hood aint ? . Zro a real dude tho

I hate that ? , be glad someone putting on n if he ain't Street ride for him n show u have his back more
  • aneed123
    Options

????????????

I hate that ? , be glad someone putting on n if he ain't Street ride for him n show u have his back more

them ? be snakes... They all on Ungerground Legend reppin tho.... then Judas that man for a out of towner
  • T. Sanford
    Options

????????????

I think you talking about Lil 3rd. T.I. used the fool out of him. All he got was a TI verse & never was heard from again. Dorrough (I probably got his name misspelled) but he also spoke how it was wack that they turned their back on Flip.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was just me who thought Face was being a hoe for that T.I. ? .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

????????????

To be fair...Scarface has always downplayed his career and success. Idk if he's trying to just be humble or what...but he does that a lot when people big him up.

• JonnyRoccIT
    Options

????????????

In the Lil Keke interview, he said that people wasn't backing him as like they should because he was acting outta character. Saying he wasn't really this Gangsta cat like he was tryna be like.
    That he was cool, but he was just the lil ? ...plus heard multiple times that the rest of SUC ain't really like Flip. That he only just has Screw's blessings...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Options
    But on topic...Mike Jones was a damn Pioneer AND visionary. As corny as the ? may seem now, Cuhz was a Genius.
    Who else has marketed themselves in such a way and ingrained their ? PHONE number into everyone's head. Thats a number you will never forget either...? was brilliant And he Put on for Houston Majorly.
    ? the Day Hell Broke Loose 2 is practically his Album with a lotta features...and that ? a Southern Classic