Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    P. Town wrote: »
    Scarface still a ? for what he did to Lil Flip

????????????

T.I. called Face on the phone & Face was saying that Flip wasn't from Cloverland & started discrediting him. Instead of trying to make them squash the beef like an OG suppose. He was taking TI side like he had something malice towards Flip. Bun soon later checked Face for sticking himself in other people's beef. Face was salthy because Flip didn't want to sign with Face when he was running Def Jam South

Face also tried to turn away when Flip said Face was the real King of the South. Face the legend but that was some ? ? ? . How somebody making that much noise reppin your hood and then all of a sudden you never heard of him? Flip was Platinum before the T.I. beef, Game Over, all that.

Oh yeah i remember that too. Face is indeed legend & top 5 but That moment is when Face because a ? ? for the first time in his career. Willie D is the realest out of Geto Boys. He was like "ain't the king of nothing, don't put me in that". I was like how you going to diss someone for bigging you up? "mannnnnnn Face is acting like a whole hoe out chea"

dog Im a huge face fan but he his ? ? get overlooked cuz o popularity. He sabatoged Flip on purpose like a girl wood. That man came up under Screw. Them ? on that TI tape talking down were hoes too... I think it was one of the Botny Boys I may be wrong. Them ? hated on Flip so hard and it was uncalled for . They wanted a SlimThug type dude in his spot cuz Flip was a basketball playing kid instead of a perceived super hard ass street ? . The hood aint ? . Zro a real dude tho

In the Lil Keke interview, he said that people wasn't backing him as like they should because he was acting outta character. Saying he wasn't really this Gangsta cat like he was tryna be like.
    That he was cool, but he was just the lil ? ...plus heard multiple times that the rest of SUC ain't really like Flip. That he only just has Screw's blessings...

the bolded shows that its hating.... also u gotta understand flip was young had he took the image they claim they wanted the streets still wouldnt have backed him and he woulda been a lil bow wow or lil zane in they eyes forever. now in that TI ? Flip was right and didnt back down. Houston was trippin besides a couple of artist like Zro who saw the bigger picture
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    He brought them mainstream fans and he sold well. He wasnt the most talented but he did what other Houston artist couldnt so to say he wasnt needed is messed up

I say he wasnt needed in the sense of they still would have gotten exposure without him....he wasnt the Houston movement alone.....I dont take any credit from him tho he played a huge part
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHO..REPEAT 2X
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    ? wasn't needed but did put the city on he just talked a lot of noise and that brought him too many haters. That's one thing with Houston I never liked they have some hating ? sometimes. These ? do NOT stick together, They just PRETEND to. ...Unlike a lot of ? from N.O. for example. The lil Flip situation is a perfect example. And this supposed to be city of playas. That ? was hella weak how Face bow down to TI and let that ? turn the city against him on some jumping on the biggest bandwagon shht. That's part of the same reason why Kirko ain't go further. I mean kirko is wack but at least he still rep. Drake wish he was from here on the cool but that ? get more love cuz he not from here. Trust me H Town ain't breaking NO new local artist on mainstream level. It's not that type of city, too many followers not enough leaders. And let you try to blow up off street game too heavy then u got prince and ? come tax u up monetarily and take food off your plate. Niggaa scaree to defy that ? . And in music if it don't sound like old stuff they not supporting it.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    To speak on the Mike Jones subject though. I think he was important for introducing the Swisha House to the mainstream. All I knew about Houston before Mike Jones and all them ? was the Screwed Up Click because Lil Flip made sure the world knew about DJ Screw. Even Master P used to shout DJ Screw out, but I don't think us outsiders knew much about Swisha House like that.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy to me that not none of the Texas rappers on down with the King have fooled with tip since, uda thought him n Paul wall was best friends back then
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy to me that not none of the Texas rappers on down with the King have fooled with tip since, uda thought him n Paul wall was best friends back then

He pulled a 50 cent and used them
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't listening to Houston rappers like that so when Mike Jones had a couple hits I ended up checking what else was out there. Maybe the city didn't need him but his noise started an avalanche.
  • TDUB1
    TDUB1 Members Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike jones had a good hustle but was just a lame so he couldn't survive the game in the long run..
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What made him lame?
    I don't think he was but the Trae situation hurt his career
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this. If not for the song Still Tippin, I wouldn't have got introduced to Slim Thug.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll say this. If not for the song Still Tippin, I wouldn't have got introduced to Slim Thug.

Exactly ... u know how many folk out side the south were the same?