IGN's top 100 shows of alltime

Options
marc123
marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.ign.com/lists/top-100-tv-shows//100

quite a list. any thoughts? agree/disagree...where do your favorite shows stack up?

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Band of Brothers and Roots in their high 20s ?

good list but dont agree with the order.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I agree with 1 and 2...overall great list. They mixed in a lil bit of everything. Some of my faves are mad low but I'll get over it lol. No big complaints here.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    List had me
    60hdiggiind7.gif

Sans a few brittish shows - which they couldnt even do right - they had no non american reps at all...than again, its IgN, theyve been ? for over a decade...
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And if yall wonder well hundred, what shows did u miss? Aint even any genuine detectives on it, not even Columbo
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    List had me
    60hdiggiind7.gif

Sans a few brittish shows - which they couldnt even do right - they had no non american reps at all...than again, its IgN, theyve been ? for over a decade...

Yeah blackadder defined should be in that list

Martin , Fresh Prince, Flight of the Conchords , The Thick of it and the John Adams miniseries should definitely be in that list.
  • marc123
    Options
    ^^Fresh prince yea. martin...naw
  • OGDirtyDee
    OGDirtyDee Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    ^^Fresh prince yea. martin...naw

lol I was saying the same thing.

Why The Office aint on there but they do got the UK one but i thought the US version was miles better.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The office is on there
    Both yankee and brit versions
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battlestar galactica and game of thrones a little low imo. Solid list tho.
  • marc123
    Options
    errr. imo golden girls should be much higher, top 50 atleast. I call ? on Frasier, Frasier should be top 25. Better Call Saul is cool, but #54 only after 2 seasons. Hell of a reach imo. Sanford & Son and Six feet under both need to be higher.

btw, looking thru this list, its amazing how white af tv is and used to be. Sooo many white ppl. smh
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Decent list. Would definitely rearrange some stuff.

Glad they showed some love to Real World. Imo that's the godfather to all this reality tv. Wish showed a little love to RW/RR challenge that was a precursor to all the Survivors, Big Brothers, and Amazing Race.
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    errr. imo golden girls should be much higher, top 50 atleast. I call ? on Frasier, Frasier should be top 25. Better Call Saul is cool, but #54 only after 2 seasons. Hell of a reach imo. Sanford & Son and Six feet under both need to be higher.

btw, looking thru this list, its amazing how white af tv is and used to be. Sooo many white ppl. smh

why do you think the Wire never won an Emmy ?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No fresh prince or one step beyond.

Star Trek TOS should have been #2.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love The Wire but I've always thought it was slightly overrated. How can you put that Incoherent Lost ? above Band of Brothers?

That's lists for you though.