What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

HipHopDX Breakdown - Andre 3000: The Greatest Rapper Of All Time

1567810

Replies

  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    i ro ny wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Fuck it Lauryn Hill is in the discussion for the goat based on The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill plus her work with the Fugees.

    In what discussion for goat what?

    The greatest of all time if Andre 3000 is in the conversation then why not her?



    she aint in that conversation.

    But should Andre be in the discussion? Because if he is then she should be too.


    nah, he aint in the conversation.

    Then we're on the same page.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • trilladelictrilladelic Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best mc without a solo album...
    pro smoke, pro choke, anti-broke, conservative liberal..
    The RecipeLefty_anduin
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Best mc without a solo album...

    Another reasonable title.
    Lefty_
  • Antwuan89Antwuan89 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even close to being the GOAT.
  • JLlama1980JLlama1980 Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 10 All Time..Yeah but to crack the Top 5 you have to have a full length RAP album.
    #CREEPSET
    rip.dilla
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    achewon87 wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Is Andre 3000 the Greatest RAPPER of All Time.?

    Not "Is Andre 3000 the Greatest Solo Hip Hop artist of all Time.?"

    Even disregarding whether he has a solo album out or not we can also argue someone like Jay Electronica is the greatest rapper of all time too, no? Cos I've hardly heard anyone say Jay Elect wack.



    Even if we do disregard him having a solo album or not I personally feel there's rappers better than him.


    3k needs a personal body of music to claim GOAT by his fans. He's lyrically excellent in every ramifications but to be the best he needs a solo and not just impressive guest features...

    I think we should take his features for what it is and judge him on everything he puts out because Even if he did...it won't be a full Hip Hop album because we all know Dre is very multi dimensional and experimental. Even Outkast albums were always mixed with Singing and many other Non-hip hop elements.

    Which is why i wanted to focus on his Raps and Skills because we know he's capable of being the best and that's why he throws them occasional verses out to show niggas he can shit on everybody, he's just not really interested in proving it.
    He just wants to do his own thing and make his Weird jammin ass experimenal music

    Occasional verses dont mean you cant shit on everybody, classic bodies of work like Illmatic, Black Album, MATW, GKMC show that when you drop the album of the year thats how you shit on everybody thats irrefutable. If he is so experimental why are you argueing so hard for his GOAT status as a rapper if he aint rapping most of the time?

    And actually he does rap Most of the time...i said he incorporates a lot of singing and other non hip hop elements into his music alot...not MOST of the time because if we went through his catalog and compared all the songs he rapped vs sung...it would be mostly Rapped period brah

    Execpt on his solo...

    When it mattered most, he choose hit pop songs over hiphop respect, now y'all want to cry over it...

    900x900px-LL-f7a0c378_image.gif

    Post of the thread, salute to @lefty_ for dropping jewels all through this bitch too.
    Lefty_
  • trendsetta1030trendsetta1030 Where the money at...Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauren hill>Andre 3000
    I mean even big fliped her lines
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Is This The Year Andre 3K Drops A Solo Album?

    achewon87  Colin$mackabi$hChi Snow
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

    Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

    So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

    Thats just my opinion.

    Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

    1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)


    And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

    Harvard Freestyle

    That shit took u a min huh? Lol

    Word. Now listen to these

    Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

    Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

    I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"

    Find me a Black Thought verse as cold and exquisite as this....


    "My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
    Meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
    Original skin many men comprehend
    I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
    Sin all depends on what you believing in
    Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
    Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
    Look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now and then
    It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
    Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends"
    Take stock in the soul, spit properly
    That extended clip on my hip sits awkwardly
    I'm diabolical, follicle triggers that I cock and squeeze
    Sending shots to ancient Greece to pop Socrates
    I bear arms like button-downs without the sleeves
    Manic depressive and possessive like apostrophes
    My psychiatrist waive the doctor fees
    When I wave the pistol and say listen, quit watchin' me so I can breathe
    National Association for the Advancement
    Of drugs for performance enhancement
    And it's tough taking so many chances
    But I've been a bad seed from the womb, they call me ovary cancer
    And I got an ugly heart, although I'm totally handsome
    And I take the love of your life and hold her for ransom
    And my tactical cam that never stood for any national anthems
    Whats hood, I am the actual answer
    And I'll prove it
    Black attire, rapid fire, rapid eye movement
    I'm from a species that is higher, I am not human
    Extraterrestrial alien, a monster killer of conscience chillin'
    In a barrel of lobster
    Ex-Slave, sadomasochist, that gave the massa my ass to kiss
    A dyin' breed, I'm the last of this
    Black is as miraculous as Jesus of Nazareth
    When I vocalize the crowd rise like Lazarus
    It's the Rhode Scholar, my coat collar piss off PETA
    Your hoes holla, he's on top of the bars
    Meet a Mr. Globe Trotter in my Adidas
    Pure cheetah, hoppin' out of this exotic European 4 seater
    Hollerin' cheeba cheeba like I'm Parkside
    Killin' is the dark side
    Villain, I'm God, I'm Godzilla
    Sometimes I'm Bob Dylan put blood on these tracks, for real
    So, God-willin' you'll feel what I'm spillin'
    Yeah, I never quit, I'm still syndicatin' up
    Me and Pharoahe Monch, did it for the benefit of us
    This is straight razor behavior, I never get enough
    Get the picture, my militia gettin' ignorant as fuck

    3k's Royal Flush verse is better...

    ... and Thought wasn't even the best rapper on that song...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: [email protected]
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
    achewon87
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

    Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

    So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

    Thats just my opinion.

    Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

    1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)


    And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

    Harvard Freestyle

    That shit took u a min huh? Lol

    Word. Now listen to these

    Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

    Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

    I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"

    Find me a Black Thought verse as cold and exquisite as this....


    "My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
    Meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
    Original skin many men comprehend
    I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
    Sin all depends on what you believing in
    Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
    Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
    Look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now and then
    It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
    Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends"
    Take stock in the soul, spit properly
    That extended clip on my hip sits awkwardly
    I'm diabolical, follicle triggers that I cock and squeeze
    Sending shots to ancient Greece to pop Socrates
    I bear arms like button-downs without the sleeves
    Manic depressive and possessive like apostrophes
    My psychiatrist waive the doctor fees
    When I wave the pistol and say listen, quit watchin' me so I can breathe
    National Association for the Advancement
    Of drugs for performance enhancement
    And it's tough taking so many chances
    But I've been a bad seed from the womb, they call me ovary cancer
    And I got an ugly heart, although I'm totally handsome
    And I take the love of your life and hold her for ransom
    And my tactical cam that never stood for any national anthems
    Whats hood, I am the actual answer
    And I'll prove it
    Black attire, rapid fire, rapid eye movement
    I'm from a species that is higher, I am not human
    Extraterrestrial alien, a monster killer of conscience chillin'
    In a barrel of lobster
    Ex-Slave, sadomasochist, that gave the massa my ass to kiss
    A dyin' breed, I'm the last of this
    Black is as miraculous as Jesus of Nazareth
    When I vocalize the crowd rise like Lazarus
    It's the Rhode Scholar, my coat collar piss off PETA
    Your hoes holla, he's on top of the bars
    Meet a Mr. Globe Trotter in my Adidas
    Pure cheetah, hoppin' out of this exotic European 4 seater
    Hollerin' cheeba cheeba like I'm Parkside
    Killin' is the dark side
    Villain, I'm God, I'm Godzilla
    Sometimes I'm Bob Dylan put blood on these tracks, for real
    So, God-willin' you'll feel what I'm spillin'
    Yeah, I never quit, I'm still syndicatin' up
    Me and Pharoahe Monch, did it for the benefit of us
    This is straight razor behavior, I never get enough
    Get the picture, my militia gettin' ignorant as fuck

    3k's Royal Flush verse is better...

    ... and Thought wasn't even the best rapper on that song...

    Dope verse, typical 3 Stacks flow and lyrics. Nothing made me go whew and hit the rewind button, he literally uses a nursery rhyme...

    No argument from me, Thought isn't the best rapper on that song but were discussing rappers who are on the same skill level as 3 Stacks; not better, so let's leave his name out of it...

  • EmM HoLLa.EmM HoLLa. Rolex Watches & Diamond Chains.. Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On page 2 and already saw some fuckery.. I will now continue to avoid this thread like I been doing the past week.. Ya'll can have this one..
    When the ice hit the light it be going off.. I'm livin' life I aint showin' off.. -Don Q
    achewon87LcnsdbyROYALTYBlackAX410blackrain
  • natural born sinnersnatural born sinners Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Most will agree he needs a solo album before being considered...

    Homies argument is interesting just for the fact that the current music climate is not built off of albums, so does 3 stacks really need something that the industry is trying to abandon and that most music fans don't give af about?...

    He also adds that Big Boi actually has the better argument if we really break it down like that...

    Q-Tip>3 Stacks imo...

    Kendrick has arguably 2 classics at the very least 1, so is he in the convo?

    You can put Kendrick in the conversation, but you'd have to compare him to people like LL Cool J, Nas, Jay, Pac, KRS, etc. who have a dozen albums.

    You could try to argue that Biggie only has 2 albums and so does Kendrick, but Big was the undisputed KONY and had the radio on lock for 3 consecutive years. Can't say the same for Kendrick.


    I find that HEEELARIOUS especially when most folks call Illmatic the GOAT album and they both came out in the same year :joy: but we not gonna do that in this thread.

    Nope.

    Illmatic got 5 mics and was the hottest HIP HOP albums, but Juicy, Big Poppa and the One More Chance (Remix) were platinum SINGLES. ALL THREE OF THEM WENT PLATINUM.

    Furthermore, Big was on Players Anthem, The Flavor In Your Ear (Remix), Can't You See by Total. Also Get Money and the Get Money Remix.

    Big was the ONLY rapper in New York that had his own mixtape. I remember seeing this tape at the local stores that sold Hip Hop. Retail stores like Sam Goody or Tower Records didn't have it, but those mom and pop stores had it.

    R-3391985-1331404357.jpeg.jpg


    Having said that, I think Illmatic was better than Ready to Die, but Big was the KONY. He was getting daytime radio play on the top 40 stations, can't say the same for Nas.

    Nas is better than Big. BIG had a good producer (Puff) behind him. He already had a track record at Uptown Records of helping people blow up, so I really don't count all this radio stuff when you're comparing the overall body of work.

    Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and mumble rap get played a lot on the radio too.

    This ninja just brought up Taylor Swift in a big n nas debate lol....big's radio singles were still lyrical n far from what mumble rappers putting out. One more chance rmx was far from some Justin Bieber shit lol
  • blackgod813blackgod813 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even the best in the south scarface
    rip.dilla
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

    Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

    So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

    Thats just my opinion.

    Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

    1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)


    And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

    Harvard Freestyle

    That shit took u a min huh? Lol

    Word. Now listen to these

    Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

    Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

    I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"

    Find me a Black Thought verse as cold and exquisite as this....


    "My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
    Meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
    Original skin many men comprehend
    I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
    Sin all depends on what you believing in
    Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
    Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
    Look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now and then
    It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
    Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends"
    Take stock in the soul, spit properly
    That extended clip on my hip sits awkwardly
    I'm diabolical, follicle triggers that I cock and squeeze
    Sending shots to ancient Greece to pop Socrates
    I bear arms like button-downs without the sleeves
    Manic depressive and possessive like apostrophes
    My psychiatrist waive the doctor fees
    When I wave the pistol and say listen, quit watchin' me so I can breathe
    National Association for the Advancement
    Of drugs for performance enhancement
    And it's tough taking so many chances
    But I've been a bad seed from the womb, they call me ovary cancer
    And I got an ugly heart, although I'm totally handsome
    And I take the love of your life and hold her for ransom
    And my tactical cam that never stood for any national anthems
    Whats hood, I am the actual answer
    And I'll prove it
    Black attire, rapid fire, rapid eye movement
    I'm from a species that is higher, I am not human
    Extraterrestrial alien, a monster killer of conscience chillin'
    In a barrel of lobster
    Ex-Slave, sadomasochist, that gave the massa my ass to kiss
    A dyin' breed, I'm the last of this
    Black is as miraculous as Jesus of Nazareth
    When I vocalize the crowd rise like Lazarus
    It's the Rhode Scholar, my coat collar piss off PETA
    Your hoes holla, he's on top of the bars
    Meet a Mr. Globe Trotter in my Adidas
    Pure cheetah, hoppin' out of this exotic European 4 seater
    Hollerin' cheeba cheeba like I'm Parkside
    Killin' is the dark side
    Villain, I'm God, I'm Godzilla
    Sometimes I'm Bob Dylan put blood on these tracks, for real
    So, God-willin' you'll feel what I'm spillin'
    Yeah, I never quit, I'm still syndicatin' up
    Me and Pharoahe Monch, did it for the benefit of us
    This is straight razor behavior, I never get enough
    Get the picture, my militia gettin' ignorant as fuck

    3k's Royal Flush verse is better...

    ... and Thought wasn't even the best rapper on that song...

    Dope verse, typical 3 Stacks flow and lyrics. Nothing made me go whew and hit the rewind button, he literally uses a nursery rhyme...

    No argument from me, Thought isn't the best rapper on that song but were discussing rappers who are on the same skill level as 3 Stacks; not better, so let's leave his name out of it...

    Okay, I havta address this post...

    If we are discussing who the GOAT is then we can only talk about top tier rappers, so why not mention Monch if niggaz are in here claiming Thought is the GOAT?

    There is nothing typical about a 3k verse... I wish I could say the same about Thought... in fact, his consistency is both his strength and his downfall...

    And if you don't understand the significance of the Hokey Pokey line, I don't know what to tell you...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: [email protected]
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
    Stewachewon87Revolver Ocelot
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,210 Regulator
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

    Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

    So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

    Thats just my opinion.

    Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

    1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)


    And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

    Harvard Freestyle

    That shit took u a min huh? Lol

    Word. Now listen to these

    Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

    Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

    I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"

    Find me a Black Thought verse as cold and exquisite as this....


    "My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
    Meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
    Original skin many men comprehend
    I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
    Sin all depends on what you believing in
    Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
    Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
    Look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now and then
    It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
    Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends"
    Take stock in the soul, spit properly
    That extended clip on my hip sits awkwardly
    I'm diabolical, follicle triggers that I cock and squeeze
    Sending shots to ancient Greece to pop Socrates
    I bear arms like button-downs without the sleeves
    Manic depressive and possessive like apostrophes
    My psychiatrist waive the doctor fees
    When I wave the pistol and say listen, quit watchin' me so I can breathe
    National Association for the Advancement
    Of drugs for performance enhancement
    And it's tough taking so many chances
    But I've been a bad seed from the womb, they call me ovary cancer
    And I got an ugly heart, although I'm totally handsome
    And I take the love of your life and hold her for ransom
    And my tactical cam that never stood for any national anthems
    Whats hood, I am the actual answer
    And I'll prove it
    Black attire, rapid fire, rapid eye movement
    I'm from a species that is higher, I am not human
    Extraterrestrial alien, a monster killer of conscience chillin'
    In a barrel of lobster
    Ex-Slave, sadomasochist, that gave the massa my ass to kiss
    A dyin' breed, I'm the last of this
    Black is as miraculous as Jesus of Nazareth
    When I vocalize the crowd rise like Lazarus
    It's the Rhode Scholar, my coat collar piss off PETA
    Your hoes holla, he's on top of the bars
    Meet a Mr. Globe Trotter in my Adidas
    Pure cheetah, hoppin' out of this exotic European 4 seater
    Hollerin' cheeba cheeba like I'm Parkside
    Killin' is the dark side
    Villain, I'm God, I'm Godzilla
    Sometimes I'm Bob Dylan put blood on these tracks, for real
    So, God-willin' you'll feel what I'm spillin'
    Yeah, I never quit, I'm still syndicatin' up
    Me and Pharoahe Monch, did it for the benefit of us
    This is straight razor behavior, I never get enough
    Get the picture, my militia gettin' ignorant as fuck

    3k's Royal Flush verse is better...

    ... and Thought wasn't even the best rapper on that song...

    Dope verse, typical 3 Stacks flow and lyrics. Nothing made me go whew and hit the rewind button, he literally uses a nursery rhyme...

    No argument from me, Thought isn't the best rapper on that song but were discussing rappers who are on the same skill level as 3 Stacks; not better, so let's leave his name out of it...

    Okay, I havta address this post...

    If we are discussing who the GOAT is then we can only talk about top tier rappers, so why not mention Monch if niggaz are in here claiming Thought is the GOAT?

    There is nothing typical about a 3k verse... I wish I could say the same about Thought... in fact, his consistency is both his strength and his downfall...

    And if you don't understand the significance of the Hokey Pokey line, I don't know what to tell you...

    Pharoah is a beast as well.
    achewon87Revolver OcelotBenjaminErip.dilla
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Black Thought doesn't have any solo albums, but I'd consider him better than Andre 3000.

    Then again, I prefer The Roots to Outkast.

    So my point is Andre 3K isn't The Goat because Black Thought is better imo.

    Thats just my opinion.

    Name Black Thoughts top 5 verses. I'll challenge u

    1. last verse on Universe @ War
    2. Web
    3. 75 Bars
    4. 2nd and 3rd Verse in Boom (not because of the lyrics but because he sounds just like Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap. When this song came out I thought it was really Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap!!!)


    And here's the number 5 verse, I'm not sure if its an actual song;

    Harvard Freestyle

    That shit took u a min huh? Lol

    Word. Now listen to these

    Any verse on Southernplayalistic
    Any verse on ATLiens
    Any verse on Aquemini
    Any verse on Stankonia
    Any random verse on somebody else's project

    Nobody ever remembers Black Thoughts rhymes....fact. That's no disrespect to Black Thought, homie is a GREAT top 20 rapper so don't get it twisted.

    I could have done the same thing and said, "any verse on Illadelph Halflife"

    Find me a Black Thought verse as cold and exquisite as this....


    "My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
    Meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
    Original skin many men comprehend
    I extend myself so you go out and tell a friend
    Sin all depends on what you believing in
    Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
    Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
    Look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now and then
    It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
    Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends"
    Take stock in the soul, spit properly
    That extended clip on my hip sits awkwardly
    I'm diabolical, follicle triggers that I cock and squeeze
    Sending shots to ancient Greece to pop Socrates
    I bear arms like button-downs without the sleeves
    Manic depressive and possessive like apostrophes
    My psychiatrist waive the doctor fees
    When I wave the pistol and say listen, quit watchin' me so I can breathe
    National Association for the Advancement
    Of drugs for performance enhancement
    And it's tough taking so many chances
    But I've been a bad seed from the womb, they call me ovary cancer
    And I got an ugly heart, although I'm totally handsome
    And I take the love of your life and hold her for ransom
    And my tactical cam that never stood for any national anthems
    Whats hood, I am the actual answer
    And I'll prove it
    Black attire, rapid fire, rapid eye movement
    I'm from a species that is higher, I am not human
    Extraterrestrial alien, a monster killer of conscience chillin'
    In a barrel of lobster
    Ex-Slave, sadomasochist, that gave the massa my ass to kiss
    A dyin' breed, I'm the last of this
    Black is as miraculous as Jesus of Nazareth
    When I vocalize the crowd rise like Lazarus
    It's the Rhode Scholar, my coat collar piss off PETA
    Your hoes holla, he's on top of the bars
    Meet a Mr. Globe Trotter in my Adidas
    Pure cheetah, hoppin' out of this exotic European 4 seater
    Hollerin' cheeba cheeba like I'm Parkside
    Killin' is the dark side
    Villain, I'm God, I'm Godzilla
    Sometimes I'm Bob Dylan put blood on these tracks, for real
    So, God-willin' you'll feel what I'm spillin'
    Yeah, I never quit, I'm still syndicatin' up
    Me and Pharoahe Monch, did it for the benefit of us
    This is straight razor behavior, I never get enough
    Get the picture, my militia gettin' ignorant as fuck

    3k's Royal Flush verse is better...

    ... and Thought wasn't even the best rapper on that song...

    Dope verse, typical 3 Stacks flow and lyrics. Nothing made me go whew and hit the rewind button, he literally uses a nursery rhyme...

    No argument from me, Thought isn't the best rapper on that song but were discussing rappers who are on the same skill level as 3 Stacks; not better, so let's leave his name out of it...

    Okay, I havta address this post...

    If we are discussing who the GOAT is then we can only talk about top tier rappers, so why not mention Monch if niggaz are in here claiming Andre 3000 is the GOAT?

    Good question.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
    achewon87The RecipeBenjaminE
  • achewon87achewon87 Mash Out Posse Survivor Series '97Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to double check but pretty sure I didn't claim BT the GOAT, just said he was on the same skill level as 3 stacks; as are Redman & Mos Def imo...

    If you want to bring Monch into the skills convo we can but 3 Stacks is not seeing him imo...

    Smh @ the Ad Hominem, like I wouldn't get that nursery rhyme simile, the beauty in those lines is how witty and relatable it is, not how deep it is b/c it's not; imo...

    5th Letter
  • KneeGro_DuperManKneeGro_DuperMan Even if you mute it, The curse is there. Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen Michael & Jemelle on Hot97...they as well had the 3000 solo album debate....Mike had 3000 & Thought in his top 5 & with them never coming out that 5.....Jemelle has Thought & Nas never coming out of her 5
    achewon87LcnsdbyROYALTY
  • BenjaminEBenjaminE Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    achewon87 wrote: »
    I would have to double check but pretty sure I didn't claim BT the GOAT, just said he was on the same skill level as 3 stacks; as are Redman & Mos Def imo...

    If you want to bring Monch into the skills convo we can but 3 Stacks is not seeing him imo...

    Smh @ the Ad Hominem, like I wouldn't get that nursery rhyme simile, the beauty in those lines is how witty and relatable it is, not how deep it is b/c it's not; imo...

    Nah... the whole verse is deep and those lines are a summation of the theme... you make it sound like he pulled a "Country Grammar" or something...

    "Do you B: hit the street hard with a flair
    Or do you A: go to school for heating and air?
    Dare make an honest living or make a crooked killing
    Or do a bit of both until you're holding on a million?
    Brilliant. You got one foot in, one foot out
    You put your left foot back in and then you shake it all about
    You do the hokey pokey til you turn your life around
    That's what it's all about. 3000 out"

    Institutions have been a constant theme throughout 3k's career... from "High Schoolin" to "Due Time" to "B.O.B.", he's always pondered the dichotomy of the school and prison systems...

    So to the layman it might seem like he is simply referencing a traditional preschool song and dance to describe the idea of staying street while getting an education, he also warns of the consequences of such a lifestyle...

    "You do the hokey pokey til you turn your life around"...

    Pokey = prison

    I wouldn't attack you personally fam... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you understood that... wordplay...
    Check out the album Circa 83.
    Learn more about Benjamin E's Circa 83 on his wordpress: b3njamin3.wordpress.com
    Contact Benjamin E on Gmail: [email protected]
    Follow him at Twitter.com/ebenjaminm
    StewLcnsdbyROYALTYachewon87
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,210 Regulator
    First time I ever heard someone mention "High Schoolin" on this site. U sir get a GOAT for that alone.
    BenjaminE
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 14,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE wrote: »
    achewon87 wrote: »
    I would have to double check but pretty sure I didn't claim BT the GOAT, just said he was on the same skill level as 3 stacks; as are Redman & Mos Def imo...

    If you want to bring Monch into the skills convo we can but 3 Stacks is not seeing him imo...

    Smh @ the Ad Hominem, like I wouldn't get that nursery rhyme simile, the beauty in those lines is how witty and relatable it is, not how deep it is b/c it's not; imo...

    Nah... the whole verse is deep and those lines are a summation of the theme... you make it sound like he pulled a "Country Grammar" or something...

    "Do you B: hit the street hard with a flair
    Or do you A: go to school for heating and air?
    Dare make an honest living or make a crooked killing
    Or do a bit of both until you're holding on a million?
    Brilliant. You got one foot in, one foot out
    You put your left foot back in and then you shake it all about
    You do the hokey pokey til you turn your life around
    That's what it's all about. 3000 out"

    Institutions have been a constant theme throughout 3k's career... from "High Schoolin" to "Due Time" to "B.O.B.", he's always pondered the dichotomy of the school and prison systems...

    So to the layman it might seem like he is simply referencing a traditional preschool song and dance to describe the idea of staying street while getting an education, he also warns of the consequences of such a lifestyle...

    "You do the hokey pokey til you turn your life around"...

    Pokey = prison

    I wouldn't attack you personally fam... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you understood that... wordplay...

    The fucking GOAT man...
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

    tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
    BenjaminE
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,263 Regulator
    Personally, Outkast is #4 on my personal GOAT list and Andre 3000 is 80 % of the reason why. You have to give Big Boi credit too since it's a group.

    My PERSONAL top 5:
    1. 2Pac
    2. Nas
    3. Kendrick Lamar
    4. Outkast
    5. Lupe Fiasco
    (Yeah, I know it's technically 6, but fuck your feelings - I already posted above why)

    He never dropped an album, but you can somewhat say "The Love Below" is a solo album, but it was still considered an Outkast album and he did a lot of singing. But yeah, I wish he would drop a solo, but his creativity on the Outkast albums make up for it.

    It's hard to take anyone serious who says they're an Outkast fan that puts such a gap between Big Boi and Andre. There's not that much of a gap at all. They're both dope as fuck and have classic verses. We've just gotten more solo material from Big Boi, which shows even more of how dope he is on the mic. Outkast isn't as dope as they are if Dre is 80% of the reason why. It's both of them equally that make Outkast what it is
    Stewachewon87MorganFreemanKingAP21
  • blackrainblackrain Posts: 27,263 Regulator
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Standing a nigga who has never had a solo album next to a nigga who has multiple classics is disrespectful. It's like saying a nigga with world championship talent but no rings is as good as a nigga who has climbed to the mountain top time and time again. We'll never know what would have happened with grant hill because he never got a chance to make it shake in his prime. Dre had chances and just didn't.

    Just because you have the tools don't mean you know how to use em, or use them effectively as you would have if certain conditions weren't met. He's never had a classic without big boi's input. Scarface has made multiple group and solo classics, and has never had a wack official Scarface album in almost 30 years of recording.

    Ya'll niggas outta pocket. Dre dumb nice, but talent don't = substance. Every other rapper that's mentioned in the top 5 has at least one classic album.

    Even Jeezy got a classic. The fact that this nigga think he too good to rap for us, like he get a kick outta tellin us a solo or a reunion is comin just to see everybody get excited then disappear and hop on a remix to keep his name turnin.

    Fuck this dude.

    Top 5 talent though.

    Dre hasn't not put out a solo because he thinks he's too good for it. Multiple people, even Big Boi have said he hasn't put one out because he doesn't think it'd ever meet people's expectations of him. He don't think he's too good he actually doesn't think he'ss good enough
    The Recipeblackgod813
  • The RecipeThe Recipe Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Standing a nigga who has never had a solo album next to a nigga who has multiple classics is disrespectful. It's like saying a nigga with world championship talent but no rings is as good as a nigga who has climbed to the mountain top time and time again. We'll never know what would have happened with grant hill because he never got a chance to make it shake in his prime. Dre had chances and just didn't.

    Just because you have the tools don't mean you know how to use em, or use them effectively as you would have if certain conditions weren't met. He's never had a classic without big boi's input. Scarface has made multiple group and solo classics, and has never had a wack official Scarface album in almost 30 years of recording.

    Ya'll niggas outta pocket. Dre dumb nice, but talent don't = substance. Every other rapper that's mentioned in the top 5 has at least one classic album.

    Even Jeezy got a classic. The fact that this nigga think he too good to rap for us, like he get a kick outta tellin us a solo or a reunion is comin just to see everybody get excited then disappear and hop on a remix to keep his name turnin.

    Fuck this dude.

    Top 5 talent though.

    Dre hasn't not put out a solo because he thinks he's too good for it. Multiple people, even Big Boi have said he hasn't put one out because he doesn't think it'd ever meet people's expectations of him. He don't think he's too good he actually doesn't think he'ss good enough

    This is exactly what will happen unless its the masterpiece, and then he wont be able to please everybody cuz niggas gone be mad if he dont rap 100% and other niggas gone be mad if he aint being his usual eccentric self, but its his own fault for waiting so long and letting anticipation and expectation stew for so long.
  • JonnyRoccITJonnyRoccIT . . . Player Shit ONLY . ZONE 6 Atlanta, GAPosts: 14,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »
    blackrain wrote: »
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Standing a nigga who has never had a solo album next to a nigga who has multiple classics is disrespectful. It's like saying a nigga with world championship talent but no rings is as good as a nigga who has climbed to the mountain top time and time again. We'll never know what would have happened with grant hill because he never got a chance to make it shake in his prime. Dre had chances and just didn't.

    Just because you have the tools don't mean you know how to use em, or use them effectively as you would have if certain conditions weren't met. He's never had a classic without big boi's input. Scarface has made multiple group and solo classics, and has never had a wack official Scarface album in almost 30 years of recording.

    Ya'll niggas outta pocket. Dre dumb nice, but talent don't = substance. Every other rapper that's mentioned in the top 5 has at least one classic album.

    Even Jeezy got a classic. The fact that this nigga think he too good to rap for us, like he get a kick outta tellin us a solo or a reunion is comin just to see everybody get excited then disappear and hop on a remix to keep his name turnin.

    Fuck this dude.

    Top 5 talent though.

    Dre hasn't not put out a solo because he thinks he's too good for it. Multiple people, even Big Boi have said he hasn't put one out because he doesn't think it'd ever meet people's expectations of him. He don't think he's too good he actually doesn't think he'ss good enough

    This is exactly what will happen unless its the masterpiece, and then he wont be able to please everybody cuz niggas gone be mad if he dont rap 100% and other niggas gone be mad if he aint being his usual eccentric self, but its his own fault for waiting so long and letting anticipation and expectation stew for so long.

    Unless...he does a Double album again.
    One rapping, the other singing and doing his experimental thing.
    Or split them hoes up, put out two singles a time and get double the money
    "GOD BLESS THE COLLAR POP . . ."

    tumblr_mv8yr1BrOZ1qmwidzo1_500.gif
    The Recipe
Sign In or Register to comment.