krazy Like That Glue: The Craig Mack Story

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like he was a control freak when it came to his musik...unfortunately he signed a business deal to work for the ultimate control freak in puff. ? was doomed from the start.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Lol @ tricking him into doing "Flava in ya Ear"...

I don't think the whole Craig Mack as a Mack/? would have ever worked...

I wonder how many more dope beats he passed on?...

Reminds me of this interview I seen with Teddy Reilly. Teddy said he basically had to beg Bobby Brown to do My Perogitive. Bobby didnt wanna record the song and basically stormed outta the studio when he heard the beat......and look, it turned out to be one of his biggest hit singles
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real ? I typed that one time not knowing what the ? it meant and a chick was like what's that mean? I was like "its like lol plural." Smmfh she bought it tho. Dumb ? .

This is actually what I thought it meant too until I read this thread lls
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pls pm me a link to "project: funk da world"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Juicy wasn't a classic imo just a good radio tune that u hear so much, u end up skipping when u play the whole album
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Craig Mack just straight country ugly, ain't no way to hide that. Can see why Puff dropped the ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Wtf button needed
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Juicy not a classic.....booooooy some of you ? is off that wet.

One more chance remix>>>>>>>>>>
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You puttin a song against somethin that was more than a song. Juicy is like the bookends to a movement.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember reading a Lord Finesse interview. He said when Craig Mack got signed to Bad Boy he didn't buy a car. So he was riding the subway while Flavor in Your Ear was a big hit on the radio.

I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.

Must be a Bad Boy thing, Wendy Day claims to have seen Big on the train the day after RTD dropped...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

You puttin a song against somethin that was more than a song. Juicy is like the bookends to a movement.

I'm judging them both strictly as songs tho
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm judging them both strictly as songs tho

Well, one more chance is a better song, that dont mean juicy not a classic.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember reading a Lord Finesse interview. He said when Craig Mack got signed to Bad Boy he didn't buy a car. So he was riding the subway while Flavor in Your Ear was a big hit on the radio.

I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.

Must be a Bad Boy thing, Wendy Day claims to have seen Big on the train the day after RTD dropped...

If you live in NY it's almost stupid to drive in many scenarios.

Underlying point is Puff wasn't paying these dudes...

I agree tho, there are multi millionaires who use the train in NYC...
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what I don't understand about all these "Puffy/Bad Boy/Craig Mack beef" revisions is why was Mack literally the first or second person to congratulate Puff when he finished the marathon? Why is he off to the side in so much Bad Boy ? post-stardom/fall out?

Maybe this video explains it, but I swear for two dudes to not get along Mack is never far away.
  • lethal5
    Options
    Lol @ story...Craig Mack got a Story.??

Everybody gotta story bruh, whether u think there wack or not
  • lethal5
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I'm glad he wasn't on Warning.

Me too, he woulda been more "suited" for a song like The What, but I'm glad he wasnt on that either, cause ? did a hell of a job.
  • lethal5
    edited February 2017
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as ? ...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...

Apparently he was saying "Uniblab"...a character that appeared on the Jetsons cartoon....thats how he explained it anyways.

..it makes sense, since his boy is on the intro saying "Kick that old robotic, futuristic George Jetson ? "...."Just- like-UniBlab"
  • lethal5
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Lol @ tricking him into doing "Flava in ya Ear"...

I don't think the whole Craig Mack as a Mack/? would have ever worked...

I wonder how many more dope beats he passed on?...

A lotta people probably thought that about Big too b4 he recorded Big Poppa...especially since his 1st baby mother Jan is ugly as ? .

#YouNeverKnow
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Dope ass documentary. I think the ? sabotaged his own career and to be honest I think more people do that than we realize.

I suppose there is something to be said about "staying true to yourself," but ? you was HOMELESS. If Puff told you to rap Christmas Carols that ? should have been done. Is sleeping in the street or couch surfing something to be proud of?

Not wanting to do the whole "Mack" image thing though, I actually applaud him for that. That's staying true to yourself. But being an ungrateful, ? isn't...unless that's who you are in which case that is. *shrugs*
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I would have loved to hear a few more Craig Mack/B.I.G. collabos
  • lethal5
    edited February 2017
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    lethal5 wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

Flava in ya ear was better than juicy.

I never compared the two.

Juicy was a monster cause it had mad commercial appeal to it

But Flava in your ear was a straight b-boy classic

C/S the bold. Anytime I hear the song or the beat I go right back to 94.

Me too, especially since me & my brother took an unplanned, last minute trip to NYC that summer to do some back to school shopping.

I remember listening to Hot97 (back when it had a good reputation and was hiphops premier radio stn) on my bro's car stereo.
    Flava in your Ear was a monster, and was everywhere that summer.

To this day, I still got an actual cassette mixtape (Dj Showtime: Mortal Combat), that i bought when i was there, from a street vendor in Harlem.

*Flava in ya ear is on that mixtape, but Dj Showtime did a horrible job cuttin it up though. It sounded like an amateur was scratching. Everybody I played it for was like "wtf?", when it got to that part of the mixtape.

The good ole days