What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

krazy Like That Glue: The Craig Mack Story

13»

Replies

• king hassanking hassan south side somewherePosts: 22,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal5 wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    northside7 wrote: »
    It's a good watch.

Flava in ya ear was better than juicy.

I never compared the two.

Juicy was a monster cause it had mad commercial appeal to it

But Flava in your ear was a straight b-boy classic

C/S the bold. Anytime I hear the song or the beat I go right back to 94.

Me too, especially since me & my brother took an unplanned, last minute trip to NYC that summer to do some back to school shopping.

I remember listening to Hot97 (back when it had a good reputation and was hiphops premier radio stn) on my bro's car stereo.
    Flava in your Ear was a monster, and was everywhere that summer.

To this day, I still got an actual cassette mixtape (Dj Showtime: Mortal Combat), that i bought when i was there, from a street vendor in Harlem.

*Flava in ya ear is on that mixtape, but Dj Showtime did a horrible job cuttin it up though. It sounded like an amateur was scratching. Everybody I played it for was like "wtf?", when it got to that part of the mixtape.

The good ole days

I first heard it in 94 when this cat from Queens went home on leave and brought it back on this DJ Silva Surfa mixtape, but dude was cutting that shit up something wicked. Everybody on the boat dubbed that tape
    lethal5Young Stefachewon87
  • lethal5lethal5 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as phuck...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...

Apparently he was saying "Uniblab"...a character that appeared on the Jetsons cartoon....thats how he explained it anyways.

..it makes sense, since his boy is on the intro saying "Kick that old robotic, futuristic George Jetson shit"...."Just- like-UniBlab"

" Just-Like-Uniblab"
    RawAcednyce215
    Co-Sign

I think the whole Boot Camp Click movement was popping off in '94 too
    king hassanqawshundnyce215miamivice305
    Co-Sign

I think the whole Boot Camp Click movement was popping off in '94 too
    Yep, they dropped in 93-94, countless joints back then. And think, these cats were my age at the time and dropping dope shit as compared to what young people are dropping nowadays.

lethal5
    Just finished watchin an easy moe bee interview, he said flava in your ear stayed on the top of the charts for 16 weeks
    king hassan
    Just finished watchin an easy moe bee interview, he said flava in your ear stayed on the top of the charts for 16 weeks

I actually liked the original better than the remix
    lethal5
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original one more chance might be better than Juicy but foh with the remix, might of been bigger but not better
    Does this mean Craig Macks showing up on drink champs?
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im still trying to figure how juicy was a classic. Shit was garbage to me. It must be a nyc thing

I bet you know all the words
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • x the unknownx the unknown Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have been an hour but it's wild they released his album 1 week after ready to die, that's setting him up for failure there lls

What does "lls" mean? @BlackAX410 serious question.

lls
    my top five
    1. nas
    2. styles p
    3. scarface
    4. skillz
    5. lloyd banks
  • CainCain The audacity of you fuck niggas Cyttorax DimensionPosts: 44,542 Regulator
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember reading a Lord Finesse interview. He said when Craig Mack got signed to Bad Boy he didn't buy a car. So he was riding the subway while Flavor in Your Ear was a big hit on the radio.

I think the fact that he didn't buy a car with his advance money messed his career up. There's only so much you can do without a car.

LMAO this nigga retarded
    I mod without feelings or remorse.

Just been through it all man
    Blood sweat and tears
    Niggaz is dead and shit
    What the fuck else can happen yo?
    I dont think much more son, word to mother yo
    We done seen it all, and been through it all yo
    Let y'all niggaz know right now
    Word to mother, for real, for real
    I aint ever goin back
    Revolver OcelotBenjaminE
  • THE_R_THE_R_ Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I THOUGHT HE WAS NICE...
    HE WAS LIKE A DRUNK ERICK SERMON/REDMAN...
    SUCK MY DICK OUT OF ANIMOSITY
    ...I watched this last week and I didnt know Craig Mack was basically EPMD's little dun before Puff...E. Sermon said Craig was arrogant as phuck...You can also tell from the documentary Craig thought he was nicer than B.I.G. on the mic...C'mon son...

"Just...like...uni-blast!!..."...wtf...

Yeah, that fact was known that he was trying to get on with EPMD at first

Yup, even Craig's dj "4-5" was EPMD's dj on there first album, but he went by the name Dj K La Boss