Comments

• JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    achewon87 wrote: »
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Kast had a decent run ...... but how long ago?.....Aquemini, I feel, is the only classic they have
    ATLiens is dope but I don't feel it as classic.

Roots been on their grind ....... and Black Thought is sitting on legendary top 10 status

Every year 3 Stacks front on dropping a solo joint, hurts his legendary status ......

Lol@ decent run, anyone would dream to have the career and critical acclaim OutKast had.

I think he means that The Roots are still going since 93...

Kast hasn't released an album since 03, unless you count the soundtrack to "Idlewild"...

Their critical acclaim is about equal...

Yall are very misinformed and ironically living in the past, it's ok to like Kast more but lets not pretend like The Roots are not certified...

The Roots has an Equal amount of Critical acclaim as OUTKAST.?!? Lol
    Man get ALL the way The ? outta here that ? brah .

They do tho...

And currently relevant...

umad.gif

Let me know when they go Diamond on an album and have the most requested album in Hip Hop
    Let me know when they win a Grammy for Alhum of the Year

You know The Roots have 3 Grammys right?...

In the ? R&B category.?!? Lol

Let me know when they get 6 like Kast
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    Grammys dont mean ? according to everybody on here every year noms are announced
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Outkast
    The poll speaks for itself.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    The Roots are recognized as great but i feel they are underrated..
    i dont think people listened to their discography..
    I own several Roots albums and i can say there discography is hit & miss. Some albums are mad forgettable. None can touch Outkasts 1st 3 drops
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast
    I see grammys only seem to matter when the artist you like gets them

No because it's the ? Reason which is a Hip Hop subforum right...? So don't compare no r&b won awards wheb these ? can't even manage to win a hip hop grammy in the same era as Outkast and try t compare too album of the year and rap grammys
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots

No because it's the ? Reason which is a Hip Hop subforum right...? So don't compare no r&b won awards wheb these ? can't even manage to win a hip hop grammy in the same era as Outkast and try t compare too album of the year and rap grammys

You obviously missed the meaning of my post
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast

Not really...i never brought up Grammys or awards in general until dude kept slangin the fact that Roots won grammys around...so i had to shut cuhz down w/ three more won grammys and the biggest grammy you could win.

...NOW what's next.?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots

Not really...i never brought up Grammys or awards in general until dude kept slangin the fact that Roots won grammys around...so i had to shut cuhz down w/ three more won grammys and the biggest grammy you could win.

...NOW what's next.?

You brought up grammys more than me lol...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast
    15 albums, 3 grammy's, 3 albums classic, a GOAT contender emcee...

Legendary Roots crew...
    Kast had a decent run ...... but how long ago?.....Aquemini, I feel, is the only classic they have

Roots been on their grind ....... and Black Thought is sitting on legendary top 10 status

Every year 3 Stacks front on dropping a solo joint, hurts his legendary status ......

Lol@ decent run, anyone would dream to have the career and critical acclaim OutKast had.

Kast hasn't released an album since 03, unless you count the soundtrack to "Idlewild"...

Yall are very misinformed and ironically living in the past, it's ok to like Kast more but lets not pretend like The Roots are not certified...

They do tho...

umad.gif

Let me know when they go Diamond on an album and have the most requested album in Hip Hop

^^^ I was responding to These...

The first only solidifies why OutKast is the Better group
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Outkast
    Damn near two different genres of hip hop.
    With the Roots being a actual live band I barely put them in as a true hip hop group. To me it is like putting Ojays vs Isley Brothers.

Outkast is a true hip hop group that changed hip hop and especially changed how people viewed southern hip hop.
    Alot of people dont like Kast and think they are overrated because most of their music does not relate directly to them. Like most things that is their right to have that personal opinion. But they are a very small minority.
  • achewon87
    The Roots

Legendary Roots crew...

Yall are verly misinformed and ironically living in the past, it's ok to like Kast more but lets not pretend like The Roots are not certified...

They do tho...

umad.gif

So you caught feelings over The Roots accolades and needeed to prove Kast was better by posting that they won more Grammys and are more popular?

You know the 2nd one was because I was directly responding to your previous Grammy post...

Arms to short to box with Flygod...

Why ignore the 15 albums and a GOAT emcee contender from the same post?...
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast

Legendary Roots crew...

Yall are verly misinformed and ironically living in the past, it's ok to like Kast more but lets not pretend like The Roots are not certified...

They do tho...

umad.gif

So you caught feelings over The Roots accolades and needeed to prove Kast was better by posting that they won more Grammys and are more popular?

You know the 2nd one was because I was directly responding to your previous Grammy post...

Arms to short to box with Flygod...

Why ignore the 15 albums and a GOAT emcee contender from the same post?...

You ? always bring "feelings" into ? when the facts ain't going your way.

Put it like this to end all the accolade talk...

The Roots made 15 Albums and only won 3 grammys and 2 are in R&B categories and i have never heard anybody put Them or Black Thought in they top 10 until recently

Outkast only made 5 Albums and won 6 Grammys and all are Hip Hop and Album of the Year and MANY people would put them or Andre 3000 in their Top 10.
    Even made a Diamond album...a very exclusive club to be apart of.

Them ? ain't get so 'Popular" because they were Trendy...They were popular because they made Groundbreaking and Innovative Music.

The Roots is Great...but they're No where near Outkast and their Accomplishments
    but to a True "Hip Hop Head" i could see why you would feel that way...but I Welcome Progression and pushing the Envelope and true Originality.
    Even today, Outkast's style and Production techniques is still reflected in today's music. That's how ahead of their time they were.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots

...NOW what's next.?

Yes, you did cause my point is grammys don't matter at all. Period. R&b section or what the ? ever. If y'all not willing to use grammys when Eminem or macklemore walk home with 20 of them ? don't use them when the artist you stan over walks home with them. If y'all going to debate do it like hip hop heads not like them teen white boys on facebook
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast

...NOW what's next.?

Yes, you did cause my point is grammys don't matter at all. Period. R&b section or what the ? ever. If y'all not willing to use grammys when Eminem or macklemore walk home with 20 of them ? don't use them when the artist you stan over walks home with them. If y'all going to debate do it like hip hop heads not like them teen white boys on facebook

? i was saying grammys wasn't even apart of my argument until Cuhz brought em up cause he obviously didn't know Outkast had double the amount he was bragging about...I honestly DGAF about em i just wanted to shut that down real fast and move on to debating the MUSIC between the two
  • achewon87
    The Roots

...NOW what's next.?

? i was saying grammys wasn't even apart of my argument until Cuhz brought em up cause he obviously didn't know Outkast had double the amount he was bragging about...I honestly DGAF about em i just wanted to shut that down real fast and move on to debating the MUSIC between the two

Rofl...

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

"...Y'all ? is sonned out, let me speak to your father..."
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    Don't see how this is even close
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Outkast
    Ibex wrote: »
    Don't see how this is even close

The poll says it's not.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast

...NOW what's next.?

Rofl...

Charlie-Murphy-Laughing-Chappelles-Show-Prince.gif

"...Y'all ? is sonned out, let me speak to your father..."

? in here tryin so hard to get some LOLs but can't manage to put up a good argument

You ? are literally Jokes brah
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Roots
    The roots have done more for hip hop in more eras than outkast ever would. Yes an album like ATLiens could go head to head with any roots album and beat it based on your opinion. But the roots from a content, live musicianship, longevity, and consistent quality albums over the years is why i like them more overall.

Since 2008 the roots have continued to drop dope ass ? from How I Got over to UnDun to And then you shoot your cousin. Where the ? has outkast been. Longevity and adapting in hip hop is hard to do. Outkast hasn't put out ? in years as a group. The roots continue to innovate and put on album after album still in this current era.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Outkast
    Nah, I'm really done wit y'all ? now
    I'm really ? done
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    Outkast with the W
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Hey Ya's a dope song tho lol

? was the OG to Happy by Pharrel
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outkast
    I find it funny how ? was bringing up the Roots and Black Thought in the 3k thread but then they losing the poll thread lmao
  • achewon87
    The Roots
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    I find it funny how ? was bringing up the Roots and Black Thought in the 3k thread but then they losing the poll thread lmao

It's 2 different questions...

3 Stacks still not GOAT and BT is on the same level...

Thats the argument in the other thread lmao...

You guys only argue in hyperbole...