Are Liberals Really As Phony As They Seem, Or Do They Actually Care?

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Go figure wrote: »
    (Nope) wrote: »
    Stop being coy and I don't need random hypotheticals.

I work for an agency that serves individuals with intellectual disabilities. With the repeal of the ACA we will see a limit in funding for Money Follows the Person Demonstration Grants (MFP Grants). MFP grants allow these individuals to have access to and a choice of services that best suit their needs. Those grants are gone! But, that doesn't affect you, Hillary's lies affect you.

Then there is all this ? :

But, luckily Hillary wasn't elected. It might have offended your sensibilities.

Actually, here's a hypothetical: a ? wolf that breathes fire and has a t-shirt on that says "I'm going to ? you" crashes into your home. You just gonna be like "oh, just give him a minute, I want to see what he's up to."

Again, Hillary at worst was a tool used for harm reduction, but you want change now. So, tell me in what ways you are actively working to effect change in your community? Outside of your community? You just not voting? Professing to care for vulnerable people and doing nothing to protect them?

This ? for me was never about how I felt about Hillary, but the damage that is going to be done. There is no silver lining to this ? for the people it affects the most. Turning back the clock on climate change, civil rights, and social services isn't empowering anybody.

Pardon the value imposition, but that ? is what politics is.

All u did was list a bunch of things trump did or said. Thats not what i asked for.

Also, your hypothetical is invalid.

Also, not voting for Hillary doesnt mean i support Trumps actions since his election. Cuz if i did, i probably wouldve voted for him, but i didnt.

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

I didn't say YOU SUPPORTED HIM. Good attempt at a strawman smart-guy. Proving my point that this ? is more about your feelings than reality.

I also explained using first-hand experience how his policy will affect people. Should I have used the word suffer more often? Do I need to provide a longitudinal-qualitative study on people's suffering over the next four years? Or can we draw from inference based upon his policy decisions and what we have seen from Trump to this point?

Let me repeat what I said initially since you were one of those people making the lesser of evils is still evil argument. If you chose to sit this ? out because a principled stance was more important than the inevitable consequences of a Trump presidency then you have also chosen evil.

The argument that there was no right choice assumes we bear no responsibility for what happens to others and that's ? .

If Hillary was elected I would be in opposition to her coziness with Wall Street, War Hawk ways, and exploitation of leftist values.

• (Nope)
    edited January 2017
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Generalizations are generally intellectually lazy.

Does that only count on here when liberals are being attacked?

Bc non voters are generalized as trump supporters.

Does it work both ways or nah?

Dead ass, I never even came close to implying that you were a Trump supporter. You assumed that to be the premise of my post. I didn't even touch that.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

I work for an agency that serves individuals with intellectual disabilities. With the repeal of the ACA we will see a limit in funding for Money Follows the Person Demonstration Grants (MFP Grants). MFP grants allow these individuals to have access to and a choice of services that best suit their needs. Those grants are gone! But, that doesn't affect you, Hillary's lies affect you.

Actually, here's a hypothetical: a ? wolf that breathes fire and has a t-shirt on that says "I'm going to ? you" crashes into your home. You just gonna be like "oh, just give him a minute, I want to see what he's up to."

Again, Hillary at worst was a tool used for harm reduction, but you want change now. So, tell me in what ways you are actively working to effect change in your community? Outside of your community? You just not voting? Professing to care for vulnerable people and doing nothing to protect them?

This ? for me was never about how I felt about Hillary, but the damage that is going to be done. There is no silver lining to this ? for the people it affects the most. Turning back the clock on climate change, civil rights, and social services isn't empowering anybody.

All u did was list a bunch of things trump did or said. Thats not what i asked for.

Also, not voting for Hillary doesnt mean i support Trumps actions since his election. Cuz if i did, i probably wouldve voted for him, but i didnt.

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

I didn't say YOU SUPPORTED HIM. Good attempt at a strawman smart-guy. Proving my point that this ? is more about your feelings than reality.

I also explained using first-hand experience how his policy will affect people. Should I have used the word suffer more often? Do I need to provide a longitudinal-qualitative study on people's suffering over the next four years? Or can we draw from inference based upon his policy decisions and what we have seen from Trump to this point?

Let me repeat what I said initially since you were one of those people making the lesser of evils is still evil argument. If you chose to sit this ? out because a principled stance was more important than the inevitable consequences of a Trump presidency then you have also chosen evil.

The argument that there was no right choice assumes we bear no responsibility for what happens to others and that's ? .

If Hillary was elected I would be in opposition to her coziness with Wall Street, War Hawk ways, and exploitation of leftist values.

This is the wrong way of thinking. You should not condemn someone if they felt neither candidate was worth their vote. This idea that either voting independently/3rd party or not voting meant that you essentially voted for Trump is stupid.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
  • fortyacres
    5th Letter wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    The way people are apply the word liberal in this thread is similar to how they apply ? /homosexual.

like they are a different race , when most people under the age of 40 Black or White are "Liberal".

lol a black "liberal" person also does no care about your kind of black person ? so does that mean a conservative black person cares or is genuine/not phony ?

I was specific I said white liberals.

what is the difference between a black liberal and a white liberal ?

I don't trust them because they say slick ? and plenty times they're quiet when ? affects black people.

firstly nobody owes you ? , its your duty to stand up for black people/issues/plight not white people.

second where is the proof of them be quiet when it comes to the black plight ? (i just think they don't respond in a manner that is satisfactory to some and there is no real answer to that, because even those that do get criticized lol)

now if you feel people are not doing enough thats a separate issue we can discuss this , you could also argue that some black (liberals/independents/conservatives) do nothing for themselves or others and resign themselves from doing anything because they feel by being born black and inherited history it gives them license to sit on the sidelines and point fingers, like they have earned that right because of legacy.

I think there is no satisfactory way of White people proving that they love Black people or want to help black people. Some of it is healthy skepticism from African Americans experience in this country's history but also a lot of it is Black Paranoia and conspiracy. Its the Wylie Coyote and Road Runner theory , i think on some level we like being stuck in perpetual struggle thats why when we have major bipartisan victories on racial issues we don't actually know how to acknowledge them and deal with it.

And I've notice some African Americans prefer instant gratification from white people cowering and constantly apologising that people on social media choose easy targetable topics like "cultural appropriation" to make their point.

Yikes. I literally said the type of liberals I'm talking about. Can't spell it out any simpler for you.

Yes and your argument is simply not good enough.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? liberals!

But...

? all you lames who weren't ready to make a pragmatic decision and decided to stand on your morals. You were distracted while hateful and regressive whites voted in droves, now Orange ? is in office.

When one considers the lesser of evils argument and abstains from the vote or votes for the candidate with no shot at winning, you are also choosing the inevitable evil that follows. What's more, you were self indulgent about the ? and are being proven wrong at every pass.

Trump is a week into this ? and is proving to be worse than almost anyone imagined.

It's okay not to be friends with your politicians or even respect them, but for every step we took forward, we are now taking ten in the opposite direction. Sometimes incremental change is a choice we make so we can keep our footing and accrue more bargaining power.

This post is all kinds of ? up.

What else should a person stand on besides their morals? You really asking a person to compromise their morals?

What is it really that some of yall not getting that some people just felt that both major party candidates (Hilary & Trump) were both ? up and ? choices? Why is that so hard to understand?

If people really wanted change why would the 3rd party really have no shot at winning? Wouldn't that mean folks continuing to only vote democrat or republican really only want the status quo with very little to no change at all?

You really think incremental change is a choice we are making or what we are being given because we keep asking for ? instead of taking whats actually our natural right just for being ? born?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Generalizations are generally intellectually lazy.

Does that only count on here when liberals are being attacked?

Bc non voters are generalized as trump supporters.

Does it work both ways or nah?

Dead ass, I never even came close to implying that you were a Trump supporter. You assumed that to be the premise of my post. I didn't even touch that.

That post wasnt referring to u.
  • Go figure

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

This is the wrong way of thinking. You should not condemn someone if they felt neither candidate was worth their vote. This idea that either voting independently/3rd party or not voting meant that you essentially voted for Trump is stupid.

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marc123 wrote: »

since we are being selective about Malcolm X

https://youtu.be/y5tBDYQ1Zic

Great video addressed everything discussed here
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ? liberals!

But...

? all you lames who weren't ready to make a pragmatic decision and decided to stand on your morals. You were distracted while hateful and regressive whites voted in droves, now Orange ? is in office.

When one considers the lesser of evils argument and abstains from the vote or votes for the candidate with no shot at winning, you are also choosing the inevitable evil that follows. What's more, you were self indulgent about the ? and are being proven wrong at every pass.

Trump is a week into this ? and is proving to be worse than almost anyone imagined.

It's okay not to be friends with your politicians or even respect them, but for every step we took forward, we are now taking ten in the opposite direction. Sometimes incremental change is a choice we make so we can keep our footing and accrue more bargaining power.

What else should a person stand on besides their morals? You really asking a person to compromise their morals?

What is it really that some of yall not getting that some people just felt that both major party candidates (Hilary & Trump) were both ? up and ? choices? Why is that so hard to understand?

If people really wanted change why would the 3rd party really have no shot at winning? Wouldn't that mean folks continuing to only vote democrat or republican really only want the status quo with very little to no change at all?

You really think incremental change is a choice we are making or what we are being given because we keep asking for ? instead of taking whats actually our natural right just for being ? born?

I have absolutely no problem with people not voting or voting on "principle" for a candidate that had no chance in hell of winning. Do what u do. But don't turn around and then cry and complain about trump being in office. Don't march and picket around the country demanding change when u didn't vote.

Not saying that's you but I know a couple friends that are strong BLM supporters tha t sat out the election. Cool, that's your choice. So now u think marching as a statement is going to somehow make these same white folks that hate u grow a conscience??

What scientific method was used where people thought not voting or voting third party when only 2 people could've realistically won would work to their benefit?? All this outrage over what trump doing is dumb. This is the ? he promised to do before he took office. People weren't outraged enough to get out of their feelings?? ? chose either directly by voting for him or indirectly. It is what it is for 4 years
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ? liberals!

But...

I have absolutely no problem with people not voting or voting on "principle" for a candidate that had no chance in hell of winning. Do what u do. But don't turn around and then cry and complain about trump being in office. Don't march and picket around the country demanding change when u didn't vote.

Not saying that's you but I know a couple friends that are strong BLM supporters tha t sat out the election. Cool, that's your choice. So now u think marching as a statement is going to somehow make these same white folks that hate u grow a conscience??

What scientific method was used where people thought not voting or voting third party when only 2 people could've realistically won would work to their benefit?? All this outrage over what trump doing is dumb. This is the ? he promised to do before he took office. People weren't outraged enough to get out of their feelings?? ? chose either directly by voting for him or indirectly. It is what it is for 4 years

I'm of the opinion that people don't really want the change they are screaming for. Their actions are showing they only want to remain comfortable. Truthfully speaking no black person in the country should be comfortable or "good" with the status quo.

If people really wanted the change they screaming for then the 3rd party should've had a true chance at winning. Even if say Jill Stein had won and actually did nothing different from democrats or republicans. I'm of the opinion that it would at least make democrats and republicans think and change some of the ? they've been doing. With people dedicating their votes to only those parties no matter what. Honestly what change do people possibly think they are going to get by doing the same ? over and over again?

Like I've said before I didn't like either Trump or Hillary. Hillary would've had black people still happy with the status quo and folks on this very forum have said they would've been fine with that which just ? insane to me.

I think Trump doing what he said he was going to do is ? up but I ain't mad or complaining about it at all. I actually want Trump to ? this whole system up. Hope he reduces this ? to ? rubble. Within that I hope enough black people will have finally come together so when this country is trying to put itself back together we TAKE and MAKE a strong presence at our rightful place at the table so we get what we always should've had since we've been born.

• 5th Letter
    The way people are apply the word liberal in this thread is similar to how they apply ? /homosexual.

like they are a different race , when most people under the age of 40 Black or White are "Liberal".

lol a black "liberal" person also does no care about your kind of black person ? so does that mean a conservative black person cares or is genuine/not phony ?

I don't trust them because they say slick ? and plenty times they're quiet when ? affects black people.

firstly nobody owes you ? , its your duty to stand up for black people/issues/plight not white people.

second where is the proof of them be quiet when it comes to the black plight ? (i just think they don't respond in a manner that is satisfactory to some and there is no real answer to that, because even those that do get criticized lol)

now if you feel people are not doing enough thats a separate issue we can discuss this , you could also argue that some black (liberals/independents/conservatives) do nothing for themselves or others and resign themselves from doing anything because they feel by being born black and inherited history it gives them license to sit on the sidelines and point fingers, like they have earned that right because of legacy.

I think there is no satisfactory way of White people proving that they love Black people or want to help black people. Some of it is healthy skepticism from African Americans experience in this country's history but also a lot of it is Black Paranoia and conspiracy. Its the Wylie Coyote and Road Runner theory , i think on some level we like being stuck in perpetual struggle thats why when we have major bipartisan victories on racial issues we don't actually know how to acknowledge them and deal with it.

And I've notice some African Americans prefer instant gratification from white people cowering and constantly apologising that people on social media choose easy targetable topics like "cultural appropriation" to make their point.

Yikes. I literally said the type of liberals I'm talking about. Can't spell it out any simpler for you.

Because you say so? Got it.
  • Go figure
    If u pay your taxes u have a right to complain. If u voted for the lesser of two evils u basically are ok with some capacity of evil being done in office so long as it works in your favor.

If your candidate didnt win, then someone else's 'lesser of two evils' won.

Then u had a candidate like bernie. U may or may not have disagreed with his policies, but he more than likely isnt corrupt/evil.

So if u voted for Hillary's nomination only bc u didnt think bernie would stand a chance against Trump, u sold yourself out.
  • fortyacres

because that how discourse normally works ...
  • 5th Letter

because that how discourse normally works ...

Ok and I think your argument wasn't good enough.
  • (Nope)

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

You guys are missing the point.

I never said that.

I'm going to make it really simple for you.

You knew what the consequences were and you made a choice. You made a decision. That doesn't imply that you support Trump, rather that you weighed the pros and cons of your actions and decided they were just. You have to carry what comes with that.

• Go figure

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

I never said that.

You knew what the consequences were and you made a choice. You made a decision. That doesn't imply that you support Trump, rather that you weighed the pros and cons of your actions and decided they were just. You have to carry what comes with that.

So does everyone else who is part of this country so whats your point

Im beholden to internet opinions?
  • 5th Letter

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

I never said that.

And I'm okay with that.
  • (Nope)
    edited January 2017
    If u pay your taxes u have a right to complain. If u voted for the lesser of two evils u basically are ok with some capacity of evil being done in office so long as it works in your favor.

Then u had a candidate like bernie. U may or may not have disagreed with his policies, but he more than likely isnt corrupt/evil.

So if u voted for Hillary's nomination only bc u didnt think bernie would stand a chance against Trump, u sold yourself out.

Get out of your feelings man.

I voted for Bernie in the primary and I phone-banked for Bernie. What did you do? It's real easy to question the integrity of others when you play the side-lines.

This ? has real-life and not just philosophical consequences. Bernie knew that, which is why he asked his supporters to vote for Hillary.

You considered those consequences (or I assume you did) and decided that making what you considered to be a principled decision was more important than all of the people that would be affected by a GOP triumvirate headed by Trump.

• Go figure
    edited January 2017

Get of your feelings man.

I voted for Bernie in the primary and I phone-banked for Bernie. What did you do? It's real easy to question the integrity of others when you play the side-lines.

This ? has real-life and not just philosophical consequences. Bernie knew that, which is why he asked his supporters to vote for Hillary.

You considered those consequences (or I assume you did) and decided that making what you considered to be a principled decision was more important than all of the people that would be affected by a GOP triumvirate headed by Trump.

U think i regret not voting. I feel the same today as i did election day. If anything yall tryna lay the guilt trip on ppl who dont feel it.

I just dont understand this "u have no right to complain"....first, i dont complain,, second, if i did who cares?

Yall throw that "u non voters n your fake moral high ground!" While u condescendingly demonize ppl who dont think like u as if your super righteous ass did something so noble by voting an evil who just wasnt as evil as the other guy.

I still wont care tomorrow, promise.
  • 5th Letter

So vote for a candidate you really don't like is the solution?
  • (Nope)
    edited January 2017

U think i regret not voting. I feel the same today as i did election day. If anything yall tryna lay the guilt trip on ppl who dont feel it.

I just dont understand this "u have no right to complain"....first, i dont complain,, second, if i did who cares?

Yall throw that "u non voters n your fake moral high ground!" While u condescendingly demonize ppl who dont think like u as if your super righteous ass did something so noble by voting an evil who just wasnt as evil as the other guy.

I still wont care tomorrow, promise.

I never said you had no right to complain. You keep doing that man. This dialogue is not the previous dialogue you had with whoever that made you feel a particular way.

Nobody demonized you lil buddy, so pick yourself up and dust yourself off.

I did however ask you what you're doing to actuate change. Is there an issue that is important to you? One that neither candidate addressed adequately? What are you doing to champion that cause? How are you addressing that outside of the system?

I didn't like either of my choices, but I understand that politicians are a practical means to an end, so I made a choice.

• (Nope)

So vote for a candidate you really don't like is the solution?

Where it pertains to my well-being and the well-being of vulnerable people I have direct contact with, yes!
  • (Nope)

Try again.

Still more evasive ? .

I never said that.

And I'm okay with that.

I respect that.