Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    ghost! wrote: »
    Different World nah..

that's the vibe i got from it...

cast of mainly black characters with social issues...where am I wrong?

I got more School Daze from it than Different World

i can see that.
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Man, look:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJLW5HTRNB-xt-emV0Jz457jraXUu_Dhx2xO3-L69XqYrcZLA

tishacampbell.png

How they are not related is beyond me.

Do you think they look alike cause they light-skinned? they dont look alike to me...
    No where close..

• godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
    Options
    Not to get away from the subject matter but I always thought Aj Johnson looked better than Tisha Cambell on anyday younger or older imo.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ha ha bruh..u(playmaker) the one acting like you dont get it and the sh*t was done poorly..if you dont like it, just say so..and be done with it.

i'm just going off of what you posted.

I said it countless times ? are you talkin about..
  • ghost!
    Options
    ha ha bruh..u(playmaker) the one acting like you dont get it and the sh*t was done poorly..if you dont like it, just say so..and be done with it.

? keep it moving. U twisting a harmless convo. Yup.

? man
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? keep it moving. U twisting a harmless convo. Yup.

? man

large.gif
  • ghost!
    Options
    Dumb ? .

Anyways. Does anyone know if they are making a season 2?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally getting round to watching this. Five episodes in and this is already far better than the film.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Black & Sexy TV.com thank me later
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished binging. It was pretty cool. I was definitely digging some of those music placements. Heard my ? SiR, RTJ had a drop, and Tribe at the very end. Looking forward to more.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the Coco character the most fascinating in the series (her and Reggie both benefit from the extra running time to flesh out their characters). She's flawed and far more complex than the original film simply painting her as some sort of villain, plus she's bad as ?

image.png
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the Coco character the most fascinating in the series (her and Reggie both benefit from the extra running time to flesh out their characters). She's flawed and far more complex than the original film simply painting her as some sort of villain, plus she's bad as ?

image.png

Shes so sexy. I love her in Tyler Perry's The haves and the have nots
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options

image.png

I found her character intriguing. You wanna hate her, yet you understand her, and why she's the way she is.

Especially that scene during everyone's reaction to the cop getting off. How everyone was angry, and she pretty much tellin them this is normal where she grew up. Wasn't even shocked. Just resonated.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Damn good show. And the ladies in it were top notch. Will be checkin for season 2.

re-quote for realness...i hope they do - do a season 2

and this is "a different world" 2017 netflix version.

My girl and I spent all Sat. watching this..."Lionel' and that African dude...be having me dying..

love all the women on here..but i can't front i couldn't take my eyes off of Logan Browning. Glad ? on here said the movie is wack..now I dont gotta see it

TV series>>>>>

This isn't like A Different World at all...I went to a school like the one in the show, college I went to was 83% white, and trust me it's nothing like going to an HBCU which is what A Different World was about....and yeah this show is a pretty accurate depiction of being a black student at a PWI and the ? you see and observe being on a campus like that
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Still can't get over the fact that the main character is a militant black chick smashing a cac. ? is Wack and defeats the whole purpose

@SixSickSins
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds the Coco character the most fascinating in the series .

The scene that hit me with her was when dude giving her head and she lights up her spliff....

I'm on Episode 7 or 8 now. Binged watched last night. It's pretty aight... I think an underlying theme is hypocrisy with Black people who align themselves as Pro-Black in a university setting

And it's better than the movie
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope show....didn't even know there was a movie beforehand....can't wait for season 2
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Still can't get over the fact that the main character is a militant black chick smashing a cac. ? is Wack and defeats the whole purpose

Bruh, I saw the trailer to this show and that's exactly what I saw. Some fine ass sista ? with some goofy ass white dude. I remember the movie was basically trying to educate white folks who just didn't get it. So when I seen the trailer and saw this, I was like "WTF????". Is she supposed to be that token fake ass confused black militant that plays in the snow. But is so concerned about the black community/family? I hate ? like that with a passion. There's a few on here like that. They always get upset with me for calling them out.

Somebody please tell me what this show is about before I invest my time in this show.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't think so

I felt the same as everybody once he was revealed but as it went on and they went deeper, I ain't care as much

That ? was hilarious when she switched her music to some trap ? because she passing ? ...that ? be crossing my mind when I'm sitting at the light playing some off brand for ? type ? like Paramore
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

I didn't think so

I felt the same as everybody once he was revealed but as it went on and they went deeper, I ain't care as much

That ? was hilarious when she switched her music to some trap ? because she passing ? ...that ? be crossing my mind when I'm sitting at the light playing some off brand for ? type ? like Paramore

Yeah, that moment hit home as well. I've done the same in my car on more than one occasion, I won't lie.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »

Bruh, I saw the trailer to this show and that's exactly what I saw. Some fine ass sista ? with some goofy ass white dude. I remember the movie was basically trying to educate white folks who just didn't get it. So when I seen the trailer and saw this, I was like "WTF????". Is she supposed to be that token fake ass confused black militant that plays in the snow. But is so concerned about the black community/family? I hate ? like that with a passion. There's a few on here like that. They always get upset with me for calling them out.

Somebody please tell me what this show is about before I invest my time in this show.

Gotta watch it mayne.

It's worth the time. You'll enjoy it.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished it. You can tell school daze had a influence on it. Can't wait for season 2
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just finished it. much better than the movie but i have one complaint

sam is cute but throughout the whole series i'm thinking damn, nobody's checking for Joelle's fine ass?

nobody?

NOBODY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

how bruh?
    King of GA wrote: »
    Damn good show. And the ladies in it were top notch. Will be checkin for season 2.

I want to watch it again just to look at Coco, Joelle and Sam some more...