The Official 2017 NFL Offseason/Draft Thread

Options

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Hope dude alright...this nignog keep making the news 4 all the wrong reasons
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

I wanted to click on Ether, but it just didn't feel right.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got too many holes right now

Might have to replace the right side of the offensive line

Need a pass rusher opposite Ziggy
    Need an interior lineman that can collapse the pocket
    An entire linebacking group
    A corner opposite slay
    And a receiver who can get open consistently
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jets got alotta needs. ILB, RB, OL, CB, NT and edge pass rusher.

With the 6th pick. I think we will go CB, maybe Lattimore. But if he is still available, I think we should take Fournette.

But since we have so many needs, Jets should trade down, stock pile more picks and try to build up the roster for the future. Cuz with no QB on the roster who is ready to start, odds are we are gonna suck again next year. So we should jus punt on 2017. And focus on rebuilding the offensive line, trading for a bridge QB (trade a 6th rounder to LA for Chase Keenum)and finally let the Hackenberg era begin over the last 6 gms....then with all the holes filled with all the draft picks, Hackenberg now ready to be a full time starter and with a top 5 pick in next years draft. We can start fresh in 2018.

@5th Letter
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

With the 6th pick. I think we will go CB, maybe Lattimore. But if he is still available, I think we should take Fournette.

But since we have so many needs, Jets should trade down, stock pile more picks and try to build up the roster for the future. Cuz with no QB on the roster who is ready to start, odds are we are gonna suck again next year. So we should jus punt on 2017. And focus on rebuilding the offensive line, trading for a bridge QB (trade a 6th rounder to LA for Chase Keenum)and finally let the Hackenberg era begin over the last 6 gms....then with all the holes filled with all the draft picks, Hackenberg now ready to be a full time starter and with a top 5 pick in next years draft. We can start fresh in 2018.

@5th Letter

I'm down for trading down and stockpiling picks. But if we have another bad season the fans and media is not going to tolerate that. I could see them spending money and signing a few veterans just to stay competitive.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steelers need to fix their secondary, especially the safeties (Mike Mitchell). Need a return threat on special teams. I don't want AB back there for health reasons. They also gotta find guys who can put pressure on qb's. Just stay healthy and hope to avoid the Pats in the playoffs and the squad will be ok.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just want Dallas to go all in on the defense, specifically address the lack of pass rush and secondary....Carr and Claiborne can both kick rocks for all I care. Jaylon Smith should be ready to go but still need to add some depth at linebacker
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My prediction...Jets overpay for Logan Ryan, cornerbacks are getting paid and Malcom Butler is more of a priority so I just don't see them paying Ryan, plus they HAVE to dish out money to Hightower, I won't accept losing him unless a team offers him 17 or more a year, 13 makes him the highest paid middle linebacker hopefully that's enough to get it done, would be nice to see Chris Long back on a one year deal but he'll probably get overpaid somewhere else too
  • marc123
    edited February 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

@5th Letter

I'm down for trading down and stockpiling picks. But if we have another bad season the fans and media is not going to tolerate that. I could see them spending money and signing a few veterans just to stay competitive.

That's why GM Mike Mcg need to sit down and sell Woody on the 2 year plan.

why? jus to go 8-8, 9-7. cycle of mediocrity, its best to jus tank for a year. If we're gonna suck, might as well go all in & really suck nh. Do all the ? I said and then go from there. Aint gonna be easy, but they gotta do it imo
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Burt Breer says Hightower is already out the door smh
  • 5th Letter
    Options

@5th Letter

why? jus to go 8-8, 9-7. cycle of mediocrity, its best to jus tank for a year. If we're gonna suck, might as well go all in & really suck nh. Do all the ? I said and then go from there. Aint gonna be easy, bt they gotta do it imo

I agree with rebuilding (nosign on trading for Case Keenum though) but I've seen this movie before. McCagnan and Bowles especially Bowles is on the hot seat right now, another bad year and they might be gone. Had they just kept on rebuilding after 2014 instead of a quick fix in 2015 things would be better for us now imo.
  • marc123
    Options
    After SB 51, Belichick and Kraft are playing with house money . They could resign none of their pending free agents and no one can say ? .
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ass Victor Cruz got cut.
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate to see Cruz go but he just doesn't fit in the teams plans...financially or physically. I also think that Miami boat trip was the nail in the coffin...only reason to keep a vet around is to avoid that specific type of scenario. Hope we go after a big body WR to play on the outside. Hope we use that money we just freed up wisely... on a LT or on Hankins or jpp...still think some team is going to jump out the window n overpay jpp n Giants will be wise to not get into a bidding war
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Told Giants fans before last season Cruz was practically a wrap. Injuring your kneecap is no joke
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Jennings gone too
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Can't wait to hear that that cutler's been cut . Hopefully we can finesse a team like the 49ers on a trade.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need a bigger wr in the 63 -6'4 range. we had 2 lots wrs and Cruz was older and injury prone. Hopefully Perkins gets his shine. We need to work on our o line.
  • marc123
    Options

@5th Letter

why? jus to go 8-8, 9-7. cycle of mediocrity, its best to jus tank for a year. If we're gonna suck, might as well go all in & really suck nh. Do all the ? I said and then go from there. Aint gonna be easy, bt they gotta do it imo

I agree with rebuilding (nosign on trading for Case Keenum though) but I've seen this movie before. McCagnan and Bowles especially Bowles is on the hot seat right now, another bad year and they might be gone. Had they just kept on rebuilding after 2014 instead of a quick fix in 2015 things would be better for us now imo.

u not down for bringing in Chase Keenum? We need a bridge QB tho, Hack aint ready yet & Petty aint a starter. Who would u bring in to start week 1???
  • 5th Letter
    Options

@5th Letter

u not down for bringing in Chase Keenum? We need a bridge QB tho, Hack aint ready yet & Petty aint a starter. Who would u bring in to start week 1???

1. Tyrod Taylor/Kirk Cousins
    2. Geno Smith
    3. Glennon/McCarron

In that order.
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Jets should just void this season like @marc123 said. We need to fill all these holes we have in the next 2 season. Bowles shouldn't be fired after this next season either. This team is bare and the talent is scarce.