Traveling in the NBA. Why they stopped calling that ? ?

Options
Undefeatable
Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what that sayin about pictures and a thousand words
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They been stopped calling traveling.... Jordan Ewing shaq all benefitted
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

It's gotten way more blatant. Just look at the old clips vs. the newer ones. The newer ones are way more obvious.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somewhere down the line, in most circumstances, money is the reason.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Travel ain't never been called
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traveling in the NBA is like holding in the NFL. That ? is done on damn near every play.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For Lebrons benefit
  • aneed123
    Options

It's gotten way more blatant. Just look at the old clips vs. the newer ones. The newer ones are way more obvious.

dog Ewing used to run across the lane with that big ass sock on lol...
  • aneed123
    Options
    For Lebrons benefit

dog dont be like that.. Shq traveled his ass of... Kobe did too at times... they benefit all the stars
  • aneed123
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Traveling in the NBA is like holding in the NFL. That ? is done on damn near every play.

traveling illegl screens and defensive 3 seconds could be clled every play but it would slow up the flow of the gme...team know it so they keep doing it. teams dont even double for reall any more. a 1 man zone
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

traveling illegl screens and defensive 3 seconds could be clled every play but it would slow up the flow of the gme...team know it so they keep doing it. teams dont even double for reall any more. a 1 man zone

i disagree

you know what makes the game slow down? ? foul calls and having the review at the table has slowed the game down b/c its taken the human element out of it. I get it. you want to make sure the call is right, but that should be restricted to certain situations.

calling violations will make dudes think more about how they approach the game

officiating at the NBA level is terrible. No consistency whatsoever. Dudes are way too old to be running up and down the court
  • aneed123
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

i disagree

you know what makes the game slow down? ? foul calls and having the review at the table has slowed the game down b/c its taken the human element out of it. I get it. you want to make sure the call is right, but that should be restricted to certain situations.

officiating at the NBA level is terrible. No consistency whatsoever. Dudes are way too old to be running up and down the court

dog they cant call illegal screens everytime.. or every defensive 3 seconds... teams do it every play the games would be 5 hours.
  • AP21
    Options

i disagree

dog they cant call illegal screens everytime.. or every defensive 3 seconds... teams do it every play the games would be 5 hours.

illegal screens are different b/c it depends on the severity of the screen being set

Traveling however, is traveling. There are no degrees of traveling. You get two steps after you give up your dribble while attempting a layup.

your pivot foot has to remain stationary if you are in triple threat position and when you've given up your dribble to pass out. Thats not open to interpretation.

You know what i do on the side right pleighboi? lol

just saying before you decide to keep the back and forth going lol
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The obvious and blatant ones are called most of the time. Refs let it slide sometimes because a player needs time to plant their feet correctly when they are about to lift.
  • aneed123
    Options

i disagree

illegal screens are different b/c it depends on the severity of the screen being set

Traveling however, is traveling. There are no degrees of traveling. You get two steps after you give up your dribble while attempting a layup.

your pivot foot has to remain stationary if you are in triple threat position and when you've given up your dribble to pass out. Thats not open to interpretation.

I agree with a lot of what u saying.... but rules are rules and the refs dont cll stuff every time. also I think its part of the leagues agenda for more offense. smal ball is allowed because u cant post up no more without a guy like Dryamon Green or any big on the Spurs standing in the paint not guarding anyone in 1 man zone... the refs could call defensive 3 seconds everytime. but they dont they may call it 2 times a game. I hear u on interpretation but they semi changed the rules allowing the euro step an then allowing a extra catch the ball step not including it in the 2 step when taking off for a layup(making it 3 steps) u have to be set to set a legal screen. ur not supposed to grab hold or lean into a screen. Its blatant violation of this that arent up for interpretation that dont get called. Or u will see it called it the first quarter then blatantly ignored in the 4th.
  • AP21
    Options

i disagree

I agree with a lot of what u saying.... but rules are rules and the refs dont cll stuff every time. also I think its part of the leagues agenda for more offense. smal ball is allowed because u cant post up no more without a guy like Dryamon Green or any big on the Spurs standing in the paint not guarding anyone in 1 man zone... the refs could call defensive 3 seconds everytime. but they dont they may call it 2 times a game. I hear u on interpretation but they semi changed the rules allowing the euro step an then allowing a extra catch the ball step not including it in the 2 step when taking off for a layup(making it 3 steps) u have to be set to set a legal screen. ur not supposed to grab hold or lean into a screen. Its blatant violation of this that arent up for interpretation that dont get called. Or u will see it called it the first quarter then blatantly ignored in the 4th.

nah man, a euro step is still two steps once you've given up your dribble during a drive to a basket.

the problem is NBA officials arent officiating the rules, they are officiating the reaction from players

in other words, instead of seeing the play all the way through, all a dude gotta do is act like he got hit, and the refs penalize the reaction instead of the infraction

@beta, fight me
  • aneed123
    Options

i disagree

nah man, a euro step is still two steps once you've given up your dribble during a drive to a basket.

the problem is NBA officials arent officiating the rules, they are officiating the reaction from players

in other words, instead of seeing the play all the way through, all a dude gotta do is act like he got hit, and the refs penalize the reaction instead of the infraction

@beta, fight me

yeah they assume ? ... like oh Wade cant miss a layup Cousins had to foul him lol.... They other ? thou we gotta agree to disagree cuz it be obvious calls they ignore in games or they call it on certain guys
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Lol @ AP flashing his whistle in here on some "do you know who I am?" ?

Steve javie ass ?

Lmaooooo
  • AP21
    Options
    called 10 travels last night tho

fyeah.jpg
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    ^^ But now they stopped calling double dribble.

At 1:03:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78sINp05Hc
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still tripping they let my man bogdonivic get 10 steps, and an up n down with no call
  • AP21
    Options
    ^^ But now they stopped calling double dribble.

At 1:03:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78sINp05Hc

yea brah...

i have a theory i've been thinking about

i think there are only a handful of officials in the NBA that are under 40. I'm too lazy to research, but just hear me out.

I think this is intentional b/c they dont want refs that are too close in age as a lot of the players are. Notice how all the refs are clean shaved, low hair cuts, and older. I think its an image thing b/c they feel that the players arent going to respect dudes that are only a couple years older than them so they keep these old farts around who probably shouldnt be calling games b/c its clear that they arent calling ? that need to be called.

That might be a directive from the league, but thats another tin foil hat theory for another day.