Nioh

Options
KillaCham
KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
Why didn't anyone make a thread on this yet? Anyone playing this? Someone persuade me to buy and not wait til the price drops

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I definitely want to play it. Like you, im not sure i want to pay 60 bucks for it though.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copped it, love it. I'm guessing that you didn't play the alphas and betas that they released for this game. It has similarities to Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but with better combat and weapons.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Copped it, love it. I'm guessing that you didn't play the alphas and betas that they released for this game. It has similarities to Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but with better combat and weapons.
    Nope. Haven't played either for this game. I have seen the comparisons to Dark Souls, though. That's a big selling point for me, as are the great reviews it's getting. The game looks super Japanese.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Nope. Haven't played either for this game. I have seen the comparisons to Dark Souls, though. That's a big selling point for me, as are the great reviews it's getting. The game looks super Japanese.

It's Japanese in the sense of Japanese mythology like ? of War was wrapped in Greek mythology. It's based on real people and events with a mythos twist of Yokai (demons), magic and spirit animals.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »

It's Japanese in the sense of Japanese mythology like ? of War was wrapped in Greek mythology. It's based on real people and events with a mythos twist of Yokai (demons), magic and spirit animals.
    My spirit animal is the penguin. Are there any penguins?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've heard only good things about it.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they got my ? edward kelley as the antagonist smh.

all i needed to know about that.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Ah ? it. Im buying it this weekend.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Does this have any Multiplayer type stuff like Dark Souls? can i summon other players to help me out or offer myself to be summoned to gain XP?
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Does this have any Multiplayer type stuff like Dark Souls? can i summon other players to help me out or offer myself to be summoned to gain XP?

Yup, Co-op PvE.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game plays more like Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha. The souls comparison is too much. Not my style but I like the Japanese myths.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This game is easily forgettable. 1/5
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought this game 2 days ago and my PS4 hard drive took a ? while it was downloading. Waitin on that tax return to cop a new one

9de4mcjahd3o.png
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bought this game 2 days ago and my PS4 hard drive took a ? while it was downloading. Waitin on that tax return to cop a new one

9de4mcjahd3o.png

They should be rolling out that update for external harddrive compatibility soon.
  • KillaCham
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Ah ? it. Im buying it this weekend.

Lmao I said/did the same ? . Was sold out everywhere and Amazon talkin about expected delivery date April-May. Found the last copy at a Gamestop tho
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Man this game hard as ? . You can really get washed in like 3 hits lol

I do like the combat tho and being able to switch up your fighting style on the fly is pretty dope