Burning Sands - Netflix (film based on black frat pledging)

Options
2»

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Looks like some pure, unadulterated faggorty to me.

The only reason they make them do all that ? ? is so they can hold it over their heads to keep their mouth shut when they are putting roofies in girls drinks.

EDIT: it's not the only reason. They also do t cause they are ? .

@zombie

Bodybag
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Used to feel bad for people who got hazed horribly.

Then I realized that they put themselves in that position and have no one to blame but themselves.

Victims of their own weakness and desire to be accepted.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one who just thought to myself "ahhhh hell nah" when home boy started talking about "we came from kings & queens....."

Yehhh that felt a bit cringeworthy. To me it totally served no purpose in being said, y'all nignogs still about to take beatings to ultimately join a big GREEK based gang. Thought it was corny & poor writing.

To that, I agree with a lot of the last posters assessments of the movie. WAY TOO many holes were left & the end was extremely anti-climatic. This movie coulda been better, they delivered a dud for the most part.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    movie was cool, didn't like how it ended though

btw, struggle fresh prince was a fool for not ? ol girl. you could deal with rib pain while getting your ass whooped but not to get some ? ?
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was ok. The ending was horrible..I thought about pledging, but couldn't bring myself to terms with being willingly letting somebody treat me like a ? and whoop my ass...nah
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

They in denial...When I was in college a football players ended up in the hospital with kidney damage from pledging...A fee years later, another kid killed himself while pledging..I know both of them experienced some brutal and debased ? ... Admittedly, not every chapter operates that way, but instead of them acting ? about the film they should be ? about their rogue chapters and deal with them...
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    Mister B. wrote: »

They in denial...When I was in college a football players ended up in the hospital with kidney damage from pledging...A fee years later, another kid killed himself while pledging..I know both of them experienced some brutal and debased ? ... Admittedly, not every chapter operates that way, but instead of them acting ? about the film they should be ? about their rogue chapters and deal with them...

Some wild ? does happen at some chapters, mainly because you got young people on some ? . It takes a very level headed leader to make sure some dumb ? doesn't happen while pledging. That's rare these days.

My chapter set rules on pledging. No smacking in the face, no kicking, no spitting, and ? like that. If a bruh did something like that he disrespected you as a man and you could square up. We were always men first, students second, and pledges last, although we personally flipped the student and pledging priorities ourselves.

There was no balance to the film. It was an all out attack on pledging instead of a cautionary tale. Can't fault the creator though for telling their personal truth. If ? gets as bad as it did in that movie, somebody got to stand up for what's right.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing I hate is Greek letter members pretending like hazing doesn't exist. No, it's not happening everywhere to everyone but that is completely besides the point that it's happening.

It was an ok movie. A less on the nose version of School Daze or even Stomp the Yard. Some ? was just comical but other parts all too real whether frat members admit it or not.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was bad. It just was. Maybe the worst ending of all time.

Imagine The Wire and all its world building just suddenly ending the series after
    Kima
    gets shot.