What Makes Dr. Dre better than Swizz Beats???

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    optimistic wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway

Yeah dont make no sense. Why cause some people who wanted to disparage him said it? Why believe that with no proof. I can believe he had help and collaborators wherever though but that dont mean he didnt make anything.
    At first I would think this is like a slam dunk for Dre he has some of the best beats I ever heard but Thinking about it, Swizz has had some too. WWIII and Ranthem come to mind off the top of my head,

Dre would smack swizz silly in a battle....swizz is a better performer and makes records that play better in the setting they was in....also have to take the crew swizz had into consideration they was bouncing to his ? while just blaze looked like the weird kid eating lunch alone at school.
    You understand Dre is gonna pull out over 30 YEARS WORTH OF RECORDS. Come on man...? can't be serious! Dudes on here comparing swizz beatz to ? dr. Dre...dre is usually top 5 on most hip hop heads list...now swizz on that level after a battle!! Hahaha
    Swizz mostly got hits...dre got TIMELESS classics...big difference

But the battle isn't how many songs from your catalogue you can play. Have ? here ever been to a DJ battle?

Whats your point in this argument? :joy:

My point is, in a battle the object is to rock the crowd that's right there. Mix, scratch , innovate.
    ? in here talking about legacies

And the music they produced is a BIG part of rocking the crowd.

And Dre>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swizz
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? signed on to a Hip Hop forum but still don't know the difference between a producer and beatmaker.

But y'all go on ahead keep believing dre didn't produce anything tho. Y'all credibility been shot anyway

Yeah dont make no sense. Why cause some people who wanted to disparage him said it? Why believe that with no proof. I can believe he had help and collaborators wherever though but that dont mean he didnt make anything.
    At first I would think this is like a slam dunk for Dre he has some of the best beats I ever heard but Thinking about it, Swizz has had some too. WWIII and Ranthem come to mind off the top of my head,

Dre would smack swizz silly in a battle....swizz is a better performer and makes records that play better in the setting they was in....also have to take the crew swizz had into consideration they was bouncing to his ? while just blaze looked like the weird kid eating lunch alone at school.
    You understand Dre is gonna pull out over 30 YEARS WORTH OF RECORDS. Come on man...? can't be serious! Dudes on here comparing swizz beatz to ? dr. Dre...dre is usually top 5 on most hip hop heads list...now swizz on that level after a battle!! Hahaha

But the battle isn't how many songs from your catalogue you can play. Have ? here ever been to a DJ battle?

My point is, in a battle the object is to rock the crowd that's right there. Mix, scratch , innovate.

I get this, but you think Dre don't know how to mix or scratch lol...i can see ? on here seem to "forgot about dre"
  • natural born sinners

That's what I'm saying...swizz killed just blaze bc of the records he was responding with in comparison to what just was playing ...dre has a much bigger catalog n number of records he can come back with....lets flip this...what would swizz respond with if Dre played " xxplosive". .or "gin n juice"..." or "still dre..."bring'em out" lol
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I'm saying...swizz killed just blaze bc of the records he was responding with in comparison to what just was playing ...dre has a much bigger catalog n number of records he can come back with....lets flip this...what would swizz respond with if Dre played " xxplosive". .or "gin n juice"..." or "still dre..."bring'em out" lol

He can use the same songs, chop em up crazy and rock the crowd. What's Dre gonna do if Swizz does that?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he aint scared of his babymother
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator

He can use the same songs, chop em up crazy and rock the crowd. What's Dre gonna do if Swizz does that?

U do know Dre used to DJ as a living right?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _? _ wrote: »
    . https://youtu.be/5grzBYetgmM

https://youtu.be/gMN2rXHpD5U

https://youtu.be/jpSimrgErZo

Bigger business will always stay rotation for me

C/S.
  • optimistic

In a club that didn't play Hip Hop, Dre's forte has never been the tables, and I suspect, since I'm still waiting on detox, speed isn't either but that's neither here nor there. I'll just agree to disagree....
  • Stew
    edited March 2017

In a club that didn't play Hip Hop, Dre's forte has never been the tables, and I suspect, since I'm still waiting on detox, speed isn't either but that's neither here nor there. I'll just agree to disagree....

The ? does this have to do with anything? There were no Hip Hop clubs in LA in the early 80s. A DJ should know how to spin any kinda music.
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea see dre catalogue is long but who's had more club bangers eminem has 0 club bangers so wats dre only gon throw 50 club bangers … that's were they separate dre is a good producer but swizz gets the crowd hype sort of trap music vs lyrical music…you think dre can really rock a club crowd better then swizz LIVE… ls

• bherc
    bherc Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    ? ain't got more bangers and hits then swizz beatz all them rough Ryder rocafeller nore cam etc classics he had ? looked down from like 97 til like 04 05 straight crazy catalog
  • Stew
    bherc wrote: »
    ? ain't got more bangers and hits then swizz beatz all them rough Ryder rocafeller nore cam etc classics he had ? looked down from like 97 til like 04 05 straight crazy catalog

:joy: I'm just gonna assume yall 90s babies
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I glanced and thought it said what makes Dr. Seuss better than Swizz and was still fully prepared to come in here and make that argument
  • optimistic

The ? does this have to do with anything? There were no Hip Hop clubs in LA in the early 80s. A DJ should know how to spin any kinda music.

If you're equating spinning records with a DJ battle, there's no use in us having this discussion.
  • Stew

If you're equating spinning records with a DJ battle, there's no use in us having this discussion.

Pretty sure I didn't say that. There's videos out there showing him doing more than "spinning records" .
  • natural born sinners

? acting like Dre been making headphones for a living his whole life lol
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    And Ruff Ryders hooked up with Dre for the biggest hit for EVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt88GMJmVk0

I heard this a lot in the CLUB while I was in college ... along with songs from 2001 album, ? , Chronic and EAzy-E/NWA every now and then.
  • optimistic

Pretty sure I didn't say that. There's videos out there showing him doing more than "spinning records" .

...and on that video, was he showing skills that would win a DJ battle?
    What I get from you is, "Dre is a better producer therefore he's a better DJ than swizz " sorta like saying Jordan is the best NBA player to ever do it , so he's the best free throw shooter as well.
    If that's your stance, fine. I disagree .
  • Stew
    edited March 2017

...and on that video, was he showing skills that would win a DJ battle?
    What I get from you is, "Dre is a better producer therefore he's a better DJ than swizz " sorta like saying Jordan is the best NBA player to ever do it , so he's the best free throw shooter as well.
    If that's your stance, fine. I disagree .

He has way more hits, knows how to DJ, so yes he would ? Swizz in a battle.

"I done seen Dre rocking parties for hours"- Ice Cube
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swizz Beatz, and I say this with no doubts in my mind, has to be the most overrated producer in history.

His ? ain't knockin and he insists on trying to be a presence on the actual track all too often. Nobody wants to hear his corny adlibs and chants. He's a clown IMO.

Someone said it earlier, I respect his hustle but his product is bunk.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha

Is this post a serious damn question?
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Hahaha

Yes. People are actually on this thread saying Swizz has a better legacy than Dr. Dre.

Believe it or not. You can make this ? up. LOL!
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Hahaha

Yes. People are actually on this thread saying Swizz has a better legacy than Dr. Dre.

Believe it or not. You can make this ? up. LOL!

Swizz beats legacy and catalogue greater but more ppl suck dr dre ? pause
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Ruff Ryders hooked up with Dre for the biggest hit for EVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt88GMJmVk0

I heard this a lot in the CLUB while I was in college ... along with songs from 2001 album, ? , Chronic and EAzy-E/NWA every now and then.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6yA9kkA9b6g