Really?Who does This?Choosing your Mate over your Child

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so since we assuming ?
    let's assume the dad wants custody

thus woman could lose her child casue of some raggety ? up the Street.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited February 2017
    Options
    ? , how long has this been going on?

what methods have they tried to fix the beef?

just because he's a boyfriend don't mean ? . how many people men and women don't want to get married?

this ? don't sound good...this lady sounds like an enabler or maybe got something to prove.

Well they're not married and I'm not sure that would warrant putting a 13 year old on the streets to fend for themselves. The desire to have a a man should never take precedence over the care and well being of one's children. Anything could be going on with that child and it's also not uncommon for kids to mistrust a parent's new significant other and there are under no obligation to even like them. However it appears, I'm sure her behavior didn't develop overnight. Her mother obviously created that dynamic in their home and convinced herself and her daughter that she is the boss, and mom aint. It might not have been as obvious when she was younger, but at some point in her childhood, the mother gave over complete control to the daughter and now she is paying the price for that. WHICH SHE SHOULD.

So when another parent calls and says your 13 is couch surfing in their home and needs to come gather clothes, it would be the parent's responsibility at that point, to come get what belongs to them. I dont even know what kinda man would be comfortable laying up with some woman who just put her child out on his behalf. This is foolish.

you are assuming the worse from dude.

it not about being ok. with a decision. all kids are not the same.

I would not treat you an kat the same.

she may say I'm a good dude and you may say I ain't ? ....who knows the truth?

we are working with limited info and trusting a source we don't know. but I guess this lady looks good while the parent looks like she ain't ? .

can I assume your boyfriend betters your ass an steals from drug dealer an is corrupt because you told us he's a cop in chicago? that's what they do...so that must be what it is.

see how judgemental that sounds with limited info with not knowing any party.

I dont understand how what you're doing doesn't strike you as the same thing I'm doing. We are all forming an opinion based on the information provided. That's what we do in all threads, because there are always facts and details that readers are not privy to from an article. As a general rule, I do not believe that a child should be removed from their home and left to find somewhere to go because of their relationship with their parent's lover, despite how tumultuous it may be. I don't think I can really make this any clearer. Kids need someone to be in charge. They are, by definition, not qualified to manage their own lives. This obviously becomes less the case as they get older, but as long as they're still minors, as a parent it's YOUR JOB to keep them safe and healthy.

you are smarter than this. tell me how long the girl was on her own.

tell me how she had to fend for herself in 20 minutes.

an yes this is what people do in threads....an that why ? say dumb ? .

how do you not attempt to get more information to make a good call of judgement? so you telling me...you believe anything someine tells you without questioning it?

and what are you talking about I'm doing the same thing?

please. enlighten me.

you see how I'm not assuming.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    If the kid was disrespecting an adult you check them on it. Kicking them out is too extreme.

so again....

how do we know how long this went on...

this could have been a breaking point.

is there an age limit to get kicked out?

is there a point when a parent cant challenge a kid trying to act grown?

parents can't attempt scare tactics?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    If the kid was disrespecting an adult you check them on it. Kicking them out is too extreme.

so again....

You don't kick out your 13 year old to some random strangers house. If you had to kick them out send her to her dads house or a relative or even a godparent.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    2stepz working through some emotions

but am I wrong tho...

don't you have kids?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options

so again....

You don't kick out your 13 year old to some random strangers house. If you had to kick them out send her to her dads house or a relative or even a godparent.

how do you know that wasn't attempted?

please tell me.

how do you know?

how do you know, the other family members aint tired of her?

very good question you asked. I think I said the same earlier.

funny but, in the 20 minutes this woman posted since this lil girl came to her....why didn't the lady help her contact family?

all this seems right to y'all?

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    until I see or hear the mother say....I kicked her out because I don't want to lose my man.....

none of the other ? matters.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

funny but, in the 20 minutes this woman posted since this lil girl came to her....why didn't the lady help her contact family?

Bruh ask that lady to ask her mom and then come back and tell us. You're coming up with weird scenarios and you don't know their story. I can only go by what we know.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

Bruh ask that lady to ask her mom and then come back and tell us. You're coming up with weird scenarios and you don't know their story. I can only go by what we know.

an you cool with a second hand story?

the lil girl didn't send this.....

I could even stand with her if she did it herself.... but she didn't.

y'all go off second hand ? .

also.....

whenever I present different ways to look at something cause everything aint black and white y'all ? always cop out....

does thinking outside the box make y'all heads hurt?

how are they weird? tell me.

it's levelz to everything...

so I don't go by assumed facts.

you voted for Trump didn't you
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just because he's a boyfriend don't mean ? . how many people men and women don't want to get married?

this ? don't sound good...this lady sounds like an enabler or maybe got something to prove.

Well they're not married and I'm not sure that would warrant putting a 13 year old on the streets to fend for themselves. The desire to have a a man should never take precedence over the care and well being of one's children. Anything could be going on with that child and it's also not uncommon for kids to mistrust a parent's new significant other and there are under no obligation to even like them. However it appears, I'm sure her behavior didn't develop overnight. Her mother obviously created that dynamic in their home and convinced herself and her daughter that she is the boss, and mom aint. It might not have been as obvious when she was younger, but at some point in her childhood, the mother gave over complete control to the daughter and now she is paying the price for that. WHICH SHE SHOULD.

So when another parent calls and says your 13 is couch surfing in their home and needs to come gather clothes, it would be the parent's responsibility at that point, to come get what belongs to them. I dont even know what kinda man would be comfortable laying up with some woman who just put her child out on his behalf. This is foolish.

we are working with limited info and trusting a source we don't know. but I guess this lady looks good while the parent looks like she ain't ? .

can I assume your boyfriend betters your ass an steals from drug dealer an is corrupt because you told us he's a cop in chicago? that's what they do...so that must be what it is.

I dont understand how what you're doing doesn't strike you as the same thing I'm doing. We are all forming an opinion based on the information provided. That's what we do in all threads, because there are always facts and details that readers are not privy to from an article. As a general rule, I do not believe that a child should be removed from their home and left to find somewhere to go because of their relationship with their parent's lover, despite how tumultuous it may be. I don't think I can really make this any clearer. Kids need someone to be in charge. They are, by definition, not qualified to manage their own lives. This obviously becomes less the case as they get older, but as long as they're still minors, as a parent it's YOUR JOB to keep them safe and healthy.

how do you not attempt to get more information to make a good call of judgement? so you telling me...you believe anything someine tells you without questioning it?

please. enlighten me.

Dont give me that "you are smarter than this" ? . You're doing the same thing everybody else in this thread is doing...which is forming an opinion based on the information provided. You coming up with a million different random ass scenarios because this obviously hits close to home to you. I do not claim to know the totality of this arbitrary facebook post, but most of us follow the line of thinking that says a thirteen year old should not be displaced because of a bad relationship with their parent's boyfriend. There are millions of unknown variables. Maybe the child is a complete ? ? Maybe she's violent? Maybe she has special needs? Maybe she was molested by the mom's boyfriend? Maybe she didn't really get put out and left on her own accord? Maybe, the facebook post isn't real and the author is just working on some new material for a novel? Maybe time isn't really moving forward? Maybe, it's going in reverse and we're actually aging like Benjamin Button?

? outta here. Again, we formulated an opinion based on what we know and how we feel about those circumstances, which is what we do all day everyday. So based on what was written, I feel the mom should be ashamed of herself. If this is your sister or a close friend, and you have some additional info to share, then we'd love to hear and perhaps, our opinion will change.
  • 5th Letter
    edited February 2017
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

also.....

whenever I present different ways to look at something cause everything aint black and white y'all ? always cop out....

All we know is that her mom kicked her daughter out over disrespecting her mom's boyfriend. Sent her to her friends house and didn't say anything so the friends mom had to go get clothes for the girl. That's all we know and based on those details that is foul on the mom's part.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That disrespectful lil girl had to learn
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

also.....

please. enlighten me.

Dont give me that "you are smarter than this" ? . You're doing the same thing everybody else in this thread is doing...which is forming an opinion based on the information provided. You coming up with a million different random ass scenarios because this obviously hits close to home to you. I do not claim to know the totality of this arbitrary facebook post, but most of us follow the line of thinking that says a thirteen year old should not be displaced because of a bad relationship with their parent's boyfriend. There are millions of unknown variables. Maybe the child is a complete ? ? Maybe she's violent? Maybe she has special needs? Maybe she was molested by the mom's boyfriend? Maybe she didn't really get put out and left on her own accord? Maybe, the facebook post isn't real and the author is just working on some new material for a novel? Maybe time isn't really moving forward? Maybe, it's going in reverse and we're actually aging like Benjamin Button?

? outta here. Again, we formulated an opinion based on what we know and how we feel about those circumstances, which is what we do all day everyday. So based on what was written, I feel the mom should be ashamed of herself. If this is your sister or a close friend, and you have some additional info to share, then we'd love to hear and perhaps, our opinion will change.

yup....an you go ahead an live off surface ? an say it's fact.

all the ? you named, could come into making an opinion.

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead So what happened when you kicked your kid out cause that's obviously all this is about.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

also.....

All we know is that her mom kicked her daughter out over disrespecting her mom's boyfriend. Sent her to her friends house and didn't say anything so the friends mom had to go get clothes for the girl. That's all we know and based on those details that is foul on the mom's part.

yep....that's all you know.

see my problem with this is....this aint a smash or pass thread.

these are people's lives.

whatever happened between the mother and child is there problem to work out. as a parent, if I'm placed in a situation like this woman who is also a mother...yes , I would look out for the lil girl...but I would not post some assuming ? online.

while this ? is a joke to y'all....this ladies reputation an life could be fukked up.

I have know alot of people whos lives got fukked up off of surface ? . straight arrow successful people brought down by three words....

he touched me
    he hit me
    he abused me
    he ? me

all ? that should not be taken as fact. but tell my homies that.

I'm not saying this lil girl is right or wrong...not am I saying the mother is right or wrong....

but what I am saying is this lady is wrong.

I am sure people can track down who the girl is...an where does that leave the mother?

the ? might not even be what was said..but guess what. it don't matter now. het ? is not fukked.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead

So was it your idea to have her mom kick her out after she told you your feet stank or nah?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @2stepz_ahead So what happened when you kicked your kid out cause that's obviously all this is about.

don't be stupid.

but I have seen a close friend of mine family destroyed off if someone else's assumption.

that ? ain't cool to watch.

? forbid your cop boyfriend gets some foul ? against him . that is something I don't wish on no one.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

so again....

please tell me.

how do you know?

also.....

yep....that's all you know.

see my problem with this is....this aint a smash or pass thread.

these are people's lives.

whatever happened between the mother and child is there problem to work out. as a parent, if I'm placed in a situation like this woman who is also a mother...yes , I would look out for the lil girl...but I would not post some assuming ? online.

while this ? is a joke to y'all....this ladies reputation an life could be fukked up.

I have know alot of people whos lives got fukked up off of surface ? . straight arrow successful people brought down by three words....

he touched me
    he hit me
    he abused me
    he ? me

all ? that should not be taken as fact. but tell my homies that.

I'm not saying this lil girl is right or wrong...not am I saying the mother is right or wrong....

but what I am saying is this lady is wrong.

I am sure people can track down who the girl is...an where does that leave the mother?

the ? might not even be what was said..but guess what. it don't matter now. het ? is not fukked.

I wouldn't have even posted this myself. And if there is a point where as a parent you're kicking your child out the house then yes there are problems that needs to be worked out. With that said we still need more details and all we can go off of is what we know.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    edited February 2017
    Options

don't be stupid.

but I have seen a close friend of mine family destroyed off if someone else's assumption.

? forbid your cop boyfriend gets some foul ? against him . that is something I don't wish on no one.

You keep throwing my cop boyfriend out there like...And so what? That ? aint special and he aint free from anyone's assumptions. He better get over it like you can too. You think I walk up to everybody saying "? the police" and say "Well my man isn't like most of them, wait for all the facts about his life." Get over yourself.

You act like we're supposed to tiptoe through the thread and qualify every statement with "In most cases, this would be wrong, with special consideration granted for 2stepz friend who was a very extreme circumstance."

We have all acknowledged that we do not have every detail. In fact, there is no thread or topic we could ever discuss where we would have an all encompassing view of a scenario in its entirety. What people are saying here is that for the most part, kicking your 13 year old out for being disrespectful to your man is wrong. Now if she set the house on fire, if she's violent, if she "insert scenario here", then sure there are exceptions. But there are also exceptions for kicking a 90 year old man down the stairs. We are giving our opinions based on a general set of ideas that we follow.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

don't be stupid.

You keep throwing my cop boyfriend out there like...And so what? That ? aint special and he aint free from anyone's assumptions. He better get over it like you can too. You think I walk up to everybody saying "? the police" and say "Well my man isn't like most of them, wait for all the facts about his life." Get over yourself.

You act like we're supposed to tiptoe through the thread and qualify every statement with "In most cases, this would be wrong, with special consideration granted for 2stepz friend who was a very extreme circumstance."

We have all acknowledged that we do not have every detail. In fact, there is no thread or topic we could ever discuss where we would have an all encompassing view of a scenario in its entirety. What people are saying here is that for the most part, kicking your 13 year old out for being disrespectful to your man is wrong. Now if she set the house on fire, if she's violent, if she "insert scenario here", then sure there are exceptions. But there are also exceptions for kicking a 90 year old man down the stairs. We are giving our opinions based on a general set of ideas that we follow.

did your ? shake when you typed all that?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    anyway...like I said...my anger is towards this lady....

teens gonna be teens...
    parents gonna be parents....

if it comes to you...handle it ...not like you want points...an this is what this lady did.

there is no telling if this could have made a bad situation worse.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I read this right...These the type of broads that set up their daughters to fail.....the type to believe their man over their daughter if said man molests or in other ways abuses the daughter.

some mothers are insecure having her man around the daughter cause he might show more attention to her
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hmmmm

could be different than what's being implied.

y'all putting this in a context that's not quite that clear.

she said she kicked her out because she disrespected her man.

let's see...
    is this lil girl, already a bad ass?
    are we assuming she's in the wrong because the girl is 13?
    are ? really trynna over look tough love situations because she said her man?
    is this man taking care of the household an daughter just being a teen and smelliemg herself?

why is it implied that the woman is putting her man first vs disciplining a child?

and f you @blackrain because I know you coming to talk ? about me being devil's advocate. in this case...where's the facts? where's does it say this woman put her man first? where is this woman to say, her man comes first?

You don't put a 13yo child out in the street..period.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    hmmmm

could be different than what's being implied.

y'all putting this in a context that's not quite that clear.

she said she kicked her out because she disrespected her man.

let's see...
    is this lil girl, already a bad ass?
    are we assuming she's in the wrong because the girl is 13?
    are ? really trynna over look tough love situations because she said her man?
    is this man taking care of the household an daughter just being a teen and smelliemg herself?

why is it implied that the woman is putting her man first vs disciplining a child?

and f you @blackrain because I know you coming to talk ? about me being devil's advocate. in this case...where's the facts? where's does it say this woman put her man first? where is this woman to say, her man comes first?

You don't put a 13yo child out in the street..period.

don't come in here with that ?
    you got a kid...an you can't tell me you never been in the heat of a moment an said or did some regrettable ? . this might be her case. I dunno. you never calmed down after about 20 minutes an then tried to talk it out?

you never had a beef with your mom or parent?

you don't even know if what this chick said is true
    ...unless I see first hand ? that says it...I dint and won't beleive it.