Hollywood Got Jokes And Clowns Black Men All At The Same Damn Time

Options
Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
So black people complain about not being included in the Ashkennazi's function last year. So I guess this year, those hella sarcastic tacist white supremacists were like, "Since the ? were ? ' complain' and cryin' about the lack of inclusion at the Academy Awards, we'll include them while paying homage to ourselves all at the sametime. It's very insulting, demeaning and degrading that the Best Picture Oscar was given to a film about an emasculated ? ass black male. The Birth Of A Nation got a standing ovation at the Toronto Film Festival and broke a record for a film being sold at Sundown, however when the film (with powerful images of black fighting for his freedom and killing white people,) was allowed to be killed by feminists, some of race trading ? were black. However, a movie about a ? ' ? that includes a scene of the ? getting a ? by another ? receives all kinds of praise and accolades all at the expense of black male masculinity. ? is ? up.

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    BOTN was average

*Didnt watch the ? movie*

with some hiphop(wearing dresses) and hollywood(blk ? & weak characters) i see what ur saying
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Here. We. Go.

You already know with these paranoid hotep ? who think everything is an agenda/consipracy against straight black men.
  • fortyacres
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    How is a paranoid hotep ? a valid criticism when it's been proven over centuries there's been an agenda against black men/people in this country

Idc either way, didn't watch, don't care who won/didn't

There is nothing valid about it, Moonlight was just a better movie. That's All.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Birth of a nation was very very average inspite of the Nate Parker controversy.

it did not deserve an oscar nod or win because it didnt know what it wanted to be as a movie (it also tried too much to be like braveheart).

sorry to break to you.

what's the criteria?
    BOAN was a far better movie than Arrival (which was boring)
    hidden figures and hacksaw ridge were probably my favorites out of all the nominated movies I've seen
    moonlight was cool (lost interest in the third act)
    fences was meh outside of a few scenes
    and I have no interest in seeing la la land or Manchester by the sea

and this is based off my opinion and preferences, which is all this ? is at the end of the day

I believe the average audience give these award shows too much weight
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    How is a paranoid hotep ? a valid criticism when it's been proven over centuries there's been an agenda against black men/people in this country

Idc either way, didn't watch, don't care who won/didn't

? hated the movie as soon as they realized what it was about
    that wasn't an agenda
    some of y'all just hate ?

What's that have to do with what I said ? Who is y'all ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are yall ? talking about Moonlight?

Need confirmation before I watch this ? .
  • fortyacres
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Birth of a nation was very very average inspite of the Nate Parker controversy.

it did not deserve an oscar nod or win because it didnt know what it wanted to be as a movie (it also tried too much to be like braveheart).

sorry to break to you.

what's the criteria?
    BOAN was a far better movie than Arrival (which was boring)
    hidden figures and hacksaw ridge were probably my favorites out of all the nominated movies I've seen
    moonlight was cool (lost interest in the third act)
    fences was meh outside of a few scenes
    and I have no interest in seeing la la land or Manchester by the sea

and this is based off my opinion and preferences, which is all this ? is at the end of the day

I believe the average audience give these award shows too much weight

I mean it is subjective when it comes to movies but I concur with the general consensus that it was an average movie at best. It looked more like an HBO movie than a cinematic film in my opinion , It could have been told without trying to make him messiah type figure , the material is all right there just tell the story as it is. It tried too much to be the movie braveheart and to me thats not really original and shows Nate Parker is a first time director/writer (which is not a knock but i suppose a learning curve). There have been much superior movies about slavery all told in recent times. I know you "pro black dudes" yearn for an unapologetic superior rebellion type slavery movie but this is not it , it fails to deliver, its serviceable at best.

Arrival was in my opinion a breath of fresh air when it come to tackling the issue of how an alien encounter scenario would actually work , interms of use of Linguists and visual aids , it has not been done before , the protagonist is a woman, and obviously very necessary especially in its message of how geo politically , communication would be essential to solve global issues. It as clever as well when it come to tell the story of how she could see the future and the sacrifice she had to make for that.

They are two different movies that deal with direct topics so its difficult to compare. So i compare it to other slavery/rebellion type movies and its very average , it might boost black self esteem but as a film its not great, brings anything new or that powerful tbh.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Are yall ? talking about Moonlight?

Need confirmation before I watch this ? .

Yeah they talking about moonlight
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moonlight wasn't an impressive film to me. I couldn't care less about the homosexuality in the film. It felt fake. The dialogue was sparse to the point of being non existent. The script was weak. The quality of the actors couldn't compensate for that weakness IMO.

Manchester was an average film with no character development. Casey Affleck's range as an actor in that film was inferior compared to Denzel & Viola in Fences, and Emma Stone in La La Land.

Birth of a Nation being snubbed was clearly political and very disgraceful, even for the academy. It was a strong film with strong actors, a strong plot, etc. Hidden Figures was decent but the drama seemed contrived in an unrealistic way to bolster a feminist position. Fences was most deserving of Best Picture in that category with the films included. I'm not surprised it lost though; when has the academy ever gotten it right?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN

did viola win for all that snot she put out?

She sure did and she deserved it..I was feeling her pain in Fences.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Yall see my boo last night :love:

She's ? right?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN

Lmaoooo
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN

giphy.gif

Have you seen it?

Having to deal with what she was dealing with is not exclusive to black women, honey. She did her job to make sure she transcended race with her performance.
  • fortyacres
    edited February 2017
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Moonlight wasn't an impressive film to me. I couldn't care less about the homosexuality in the film. It felt fake. The dialogue was sparse to the point of being non existent. The script was weak. The quality of the actors couldn't compensate for that weakness IMO.

Manchester was an average film with no character development. Casey Affleck's range as an actor in that film was inferior compared to Denzel & Viola in Fences, and Emma Stone in La La Land.

Birth of a Nation being snubbed was clearly political and very disgraceful, even for the academy. It was a strong film with strong actors, a strong plot, etc. Hidden Figures was decent but the drama seemed contrived in an unrealistic way to bolster a feminist position. Fences was most deserving of Best Picture in that category with the films included. I'm not surprised it lost though; when has the academy ever gotten it right?

No i really disagree on Fences ,it still looked like alot like a stage play. It had Great dialogue and performances (from Denzel and Viola) but was not the best picture , nowhere near.

Moonlight deserves best picture the cinematography, the colors used ,the grit , it felt like that part of miami and had better use of music and nuance. Also three different actors playing the same person at three different stages in their lives and all performance being that on point , if you cant appreciate that direction or the themes then you dont like or understand cinema.

Moreover how is hidden figures a feminist position movie when its actually a true story that needed exposure and telling?

Birth of a Nation had amateur directing and editing, the story was not well told.

Its subjective but they do get it right in that category most times than not:

Great Best Pictures in the last 18 years imo

12 Years a Slave
    The King's Speech
    No Country for Old Men
    Slumdog Millionaire
    The Departed
    Million Dollar Baby
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    A Beautiful Mind
    Gladiator
    American Beauty