5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Birth of a nation flopped cuz the story had to many plots and the guy who played nat Turner was in a interview talkin greesy abt how he got charged with ? and was acquitted smh. ? shoulda just ?

An never cared to see moonlight didn't know it was bout ? ? thought it was gonna be on some shottas ? I'll pass

No it did not flop.

U right lemme rephrase it didn't do as good as it was hyped up to be. It didn't do as well as most historical films plus it came out the same time as some other hard hitting movies bad timing.

Birth of a nation did 7.1 million in its first weekend of release. 12 years a slave did 6 million in its first weekend. But one gets labeled a "flop" and the other was deemed a success. Stop falling for these crackas and their con games.

12 years did 180 million worldwide, while Birth did 16. That's a flop b.

The movie had a 8 million dollar budget and he sold the movie for 17 million dollars to Fox Search Light and its grossed 16 million to date. You do the math and tell me if that sounds like a flop. Once again stop letting them crackas brainwash you.

That ? was in and out the theater after like 3 quick weeks. Stop frontin.

I went opening week and there was 1 other person in the theater. Many ppl on here posted similar stories of empty theaters

How was a movie with a 8 million dollar budget that got sold for 17 million dollars and has made 16 million dollars at the box office to date a flop?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    How is a paranoid hotep ? a valid criticism when it's been proven over centuries there's been an agenda against black men/people in this country

Idc either way, didn't watch, don't care who won/didn't

? hated the movie as soon as they realized what it was about
    that wasn't an agenda
    some of y'all just hate ?

I don't hate the ? , I'm just disgusted by the ? agenda.........which is to normalize deviant behavior and make it acceptable to the masses by slipping tidbits of it in every aspect of entertainment.

Biggest problem I have isn't necessarily with the movie itself........it's with the fact that the Hollywood establishment wouldn't have embraced it without the ? angle.

It would've just been looked at as another hood movie.

Basically, on the surface it seems like they're embracing black culture........when in fact they're actually embracing the emasculation of black men.

Blatant hypocrisy and subtle racism.

like someone mentioned, a similar movie dropped 2 or 3 years ago and it wasn't embraced by Hollywood

there's been an influx of movies and shows to come out recently showcasing people from all diversity and backgrounds. does Hollywood and Networks really give a ? about representation? no. it's all about money and viewership. but a number of successful film/shows catering to us have been released because of it.

I have no problem with that, and I'm sure you don't either. so you're down with their agenda...until black ? are being represented

like I mentioned earlier, this has more to do with the intolerance of ? in our community than Hollywood "pushing an agenda"
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Several times a year Hollywood puts out a movie about either an alien or a magical animal.

I'm tired of their alien and magical animal agenda.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That old, "thank a white man for anything he gives you cause he didn't have too" mentality. It's what they begged for, they got it, and now they'll shut up. Like children. Hope those trinkets were worth it, but I doubt it in the long run.

? caping for what sounds like black broke back mountain. I personally find male ? interactions disturbing and disgusting, but that's the world we Live in. They can have the "cinematography" they liked so much.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man boan was ? . i dont remember nothin about the movie and i love nat turner. i could of directed and written that movie better. like literally i dont remember nothing in that movie. hell somebody had to tell me about when the black dude got his teeth knocked out with a chisel and hammer. maybe it could be because i was drinkin on that bourbon but still....
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Y'all underestimating how petty these ? can be. Black people complain about not seeing enough black women on the cover of beauty/fashion magazines, their response?

01ydanpesh2f.jpg

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    But Denzel got ? AGAIN

did viola win for all that snot she put out?

She sure did and she deserved it..I was feeling her pain in Fences.

giphy.gif

Have you seen it?

Having to deal with what she was dealing with is not exclusive to black women, honey.

kyspuxbwzk9u.gif

What she meant to say:

"Giiiiiirrrrrrrllllll please, as a white woman who only dates black men.........these ? stress me out just as much as they do y'all."

"You don't know the half of it honey." - @Kat

nr6tskao632c.gif

While you playing though..
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Birth of a nation flopped cuz the story had to many plots and the guy who played nat Turner was in a interview talkin greesy abt how he got charged with ? and was acquitted smh. ? shoulda just ?

An never cared to see moonlight didn't know it was bout ? ? thought it was gonna be on some shottas ? I'll pass

No it did not flop.

U right lemme rephrase it didn't do as good as it was hyped up to be. It didn't do as well as most historical films plus it came out the same time as some other hard hitting movies bad timing.

Birth of a nation did 7.1 million in its first weekend of release. 12 years a slave did 6 million in its first weekend. But one gets labeled a "flop" and the other was deemed a success. Stop falling for these crackas and their con games.

The movie had a 8 million dollar budget and he sold the movie for 17 million dollars to Fox Search Light and its grossed 16 million to date. You do the math and tell me if that sounds like a flop. Once again stop letting them crackas brainwash you.

I went opening week and there was 1 other person in the theater. Many ppl on here posted similar stories of empty theaters

How was a movie with a 8 million dollar budget that got sold for 17 million dollars and has made 16 million dollars at the box office to date a flop?

That doesn't mean much since most movies make more than there budget. Hard to get a Oscar when everything released in that month outsold u.
    That's like Melo scoring 30 a game and the Knicks still losing ya u scored thirty but ya team trash so that 30 means nothing
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No it did not flop.

That doesn't mean much since most movies make more than there budget. Hard to get a Oscar when everything released in that month outsold u.
    That's like Melo scoring 30 a game and the Knicks still losing ya u scored thirty but ya team trash so that 30 means nothing

The Academy Awards don't base awards on box office returns to my knowledge..

Films that win major awards go on to score huge at the box office 'cos of the publicity... low budget films like Moonlight in this instance (I'm reading between $1.5m to $5m budget)