Sessions: Justice to Limit Action Against Police Depts. on Civil Rights

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    findin it hard to give a ? ..
    been sayin we need to quarantine the hood for a minute now..

everybody cant be saved..

"its easier to build strong children then to repair broken men."
    -Fredrick Douglas

Problem with this is white people are the ones making the decisions, and you know who they think.

There will be many black neighborhoods that aren't the hood, but will be categorized as such.

nah the problem is ? let this ? get THIS out of hand to the point they givin the crackas the excuse..

u cant help bein born in the hood..
    but i cant help it if u choose to stay there..

and this aint an attack on all blacks its an attack on poor blacks.. this is an attack on the poor period cause police is killin poor whites too.. its jus not news worthy.. so the more affluent black neighborhoods where most of u ? come from will be safe as it always has..

but nah..
    i still stand by what i said..
    ? needs to be fumigated.. the writings is on the wall so if u still there by next yr not only do i not know what to tell u..

i dont know where to find a ? to give either..
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

-Fredrick Douglas

Problem with this is white people are the ones making the decisions, and you know who they think.

There will be many black neighborhoods that aren't the hood, but will be categorized as such.

nah the problem is ? let this ? get THIS out of hand to the point they givin the crackas the excuse..

and this aint an attack on all blacks its an attack on poor blacks.. this is an attack on the poor period cause police is killin poor whites too.. its jus not news worthy.. so the more affluent black neighborhoods where most of u ? come from will be safe as it always has..

but nah..
    ? needs to be fumigated.. the writings is on the wall so if u still there by next yr not only do i not know what to tell u..

Are you saying that being poor gives police and our Govt. the right to mistreat them?

I would also, like for you produce something anything that gives some insight into your assertion that Police are shooting and killing poor unarmed whites at the same rate they are unarmed Blacks.

• CapitalB
    edited March 2017
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Are you saying that being poor gives police and our Govt. the right to mistreat them?

I would also, like for you produce something anything that gives some insight into your assertion that Police are shooting and killing poor unarmed whites at the same rate they are unarmed Blacks.

im not sayin that gives them a right..
    im sayin thats what the ? they doing..

and dont put words in my mouth ? ..
    i said "police are killing poor whites too"

so either show me where i said "at the same rate" or show me they aint and ill politely shut the ? up like u shouldve..

ill wait.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

I agree with most of this, with the exception of the bolded. It's easier to win a game if you start off even vs startin off down 20. People in the hood are born into an environment where you're encouraged to ? yourself at every turn from the time you can walk. Not everyone is going to possess the resolve to rise above that.

From poor education, to mcdonalds on every block, to gun stores, to cigarette ads everywhere you look, even hip hop, the voice that replaces a lot of fathers drawing weak minded ? into the belief that their brother is out to get em. You goin to go through a gauntlet to reach what most people born into better situations are born with.
  • Kwan Dai

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

so either show me where i said "at the same rate" or show me they aint and ill politely shut the ? up like u shouldve..

ill wait.

The solution isn't always to leave your place of birth. The solution most often times is to address the injustice otherwise is continues. The solution certainly cannot be to "fumigate". Also, there are plenty of police shootings that aren't happening in the hood. Not to mention the "hood" is code for predominately Black neighborhood despite it's affluence.

I apologize for "putting words in your mouth" I was merely reading between the lines. I now realize some of us are a tad more sensitive then others. Anyways. Mentioning whites being shot by police as way to defend, or deflect from Govt. supported\sponsored police violence against Blacks is quite the strawman argument.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my ? CapB is determined to "make pimping great again"
  • Kwan Dai
    Lefty_ wrote: »

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

I agree with most of this, with the exception of the bolded. It's easier to win a game if you start off even vs startin off down 20. People in the hood are born into an environment where you're encouraged to ? yourself at every turn from the time you can walk. Not everyone is going to possess the resolve to rise above that.

From poor education, to mcdonalds on every block, to gun stores, to cigarette ads everywhere you look, even hip hop, the voice that replaces a lot of fathers drawing weak minded ? into the belief that their brother is out to get em. You goin to go through a gauntlet to reach what most people born into better situations are born with.

Family?

Come on? WTF kind of statement is that? There is no way you could possibly know that or qualify such a thing. Whites and

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

Come on? WTF kind of statement is that? There is no way you could possibly know that or qualify such a thing. Whites and

How is it a wrong statement?
  • Lefty_

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

I'm not budgin on that one bruh. My eyes don't lie. Furious styles told us that 25 years ago, I ain't really feel it til I moved away from it. I gotta go back into the city to find a popeyes, and a liquor store.
  • Kwan Dai
    5th Letter wrote: »

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

If you believe that every Black child born into a Black Family in the "hood" are ENCOURAGED to ? themselves by the time they are able walk there's not much to discuss here. I ask that you read that back and reflect. If, you do believe that you A. Weren't born and raised in a predominately Black neighborhood or B. Suffer from a severe condition of painting entire populations with a broad brush.
  • CapitalB
    edited March 2017

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

thats funny u say that cause i was jus bashin hiphop to a friend.. sayin that now that im older and a parent i see how detrimental it is..

but still..
    ur basketball analogy would be more accurate if muthafuckas was actually IN the game.. THOSE INDIVIDUALS we need to help.. im down to help iv actually tried to help..

but the hood in general.. nah..
    them ? is lost amd its better to put the energy in the next generation.. cause aint no helpin these ? ..

until thy show me they have the propensity to help themselves i really dont give a ? ..
    my great grandmother turns 90 this yr we plannin a big party.. out of all her descendants im the oldest male still livin born to her.. im the last livin male on my father's side that can carry the name..

i got aunts and grandmother in they 70s ..moms and female cousins in they 50s then there's me.. ill be 35 this month..
    i watched all my cousins and uncles get picked off.. i went to more then 10 funerals before i was 15.. all them ? was active tho so u could kind of make a case against them for that.. BUT approachin 3yrs my lil cousin who aint never did ? to nobody got gunned down for simply bein in an area he wasnt known..

it was then i realized its jus the nature of th ? beast..

the longer u dwell in that wildlife exhibit the greater ur chances of bein devoured.. i talked to damn near everyone in my family and nobody wants to leave.. they've all accepted it.. done watched they sons get murdered and okay wit raisin they grandsons in the same situation..

told them id buy the land and they can sell they houses and we can build.. u think they took the bait!?

told them instead of payin tithes we csn pay a ? to ourselves and after a yr start a business and let the lil cousins run it since they aint got jobs or ? ones..

or we jus save money as a family!? the only way u can get these muthafuckas to save is if we goin on a family cruise.. they'll save for that..

mannn i see this ? daily.. these muthafuckas is happy in they misery..
    so im happy for them..

Trump can blow that muthafucka up for all i care.. take them muthafuckas out they misery.
  • Lefty_
    edited March 2017

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

If you believe that every Black child born into a Black Family in the "hood" are ENCOURAGED to ? themselves by the time they are able walk there's not much to discuss here. I ask that you read that back and reflect. If, you do believe that you A. Weren't born and raised in a predominately Black neighborhood or B. Suffer from a severe condition of painting entire populations with a broad brush.

It ain't us that promotes it. 99% of the things we see that are promoted to do us harm, or that will do us harm are owned by someone else. Watch ad placement carefully, watch what's promoted, and who it's promoted to who carefully, watch commercials that are geared toward us. You're more likely to buy something from someone who looks like you, all them 25% interest rate ass car dealerships be in the hood bruh.

I could go on for days about this. Housing projects and all that was basically social experiments, people of those numbers were never designed to live that close to each other, throw poverty in, and what you got? People make it out all the time, but check the ratio, check the homicide rates, check the crime rates fam, the numbers match.
  • CapitalB

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

The solution isn't always to leave your place of birth. The solution most often times is to address the injustice otherwise is continues. The solution certainly cannot be to "fumigate". Also, there are plenty of police shootings that aren't happening in the hood. Not to mention the "hood" is code for predominately Black neighborhood despite it's affluence.

I apologize for "putting words in your mouth" I was merely reading between the lines. I now realize some of us are a tad more sensitive then others. Anyways. Mentioning whites being shot by police as way to defend, or deflect from Govt. supported\sponsored police violence against Blacks is quite the strawman argument.

i mentioned whites gettin shot jus as well cause i believe and i state on here all the time thanks to America bein take over by corporations.. the country is more classist than racist ..they use racism to mask ot and distract it..

u got poor blacks and whites hatin each other when its the elite (blacks included) settin the policy..
  • Lefty_
    "The war on drugs was a war on black people, and the anti war left"

I can't make this ? up.
  • 5th Letter

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

When there are a lack of resources and opportunities for black people in those neighborhoods, it creates an environment where you do things that can and in many people's cases lead to their death. Whether using or selling, robbing/killing, selling bodies etc.
  • Lefty_

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

thats funny u say that cause i was jus bashin hiphop to a friend.. sayin that now that im older and a parent i see how detrimental it is..

but still..
    ur basketball analogy would be more accurate if muthafuckas was actually IN the game.. THOSE INDIVIDUALS we need to help.. im down to help iv actually tried to help..

them ? is lost amd its better to put the energy in the next generation.. cause aint no helpin these ? ..

until thy show me they have the propensity to help themselves i really dont give a ? ..
    my great grandmother turns 90 this yr we plannin a big party.. out of all her descendants im the oldest male still livin born to her.. im the last livin male on my father's side that can carry the name..

i got aunts and grandmother in they 70s ..moms and female cousins in they 50s then there's me.. ill be 35 this month..
    i watched all my cousins and uncles get picked off.. i went to more then 10 funerals before i was 15.. all them ? was active tho so u could kind of make a case against them for that.. BUT approachin 3yrs my lil cousin who aint never did ? to nobody got gunned down for simply bein in an area he wasnt known..

the longer u dwell in that wildlife exhibit the greater ur chances of bein devoured.. i talked to damn near everyone in my family and nobody wants to leave.. they've all accepted it.. done watched they sons get murdered and okay wit raisin they grandsons in the same situation..

told them id buy the land and they can sell they houses and we can build.. u think they took the bait!?

told them instead of payin tithes we csn pay a ? to ourselves and after a yr start a business and let the lil cousins run it since they aint got jobs or ? ones..

or we jus save money as a family!? the only way u can get these muthafuckas to save is if we goin on a family cruise.. they'll save for that..

so im happy for them..

Trump can blow that muthafucka up for all i care.. take them muthafuckas out they misery.

I feel you, and i've tried to raise people's level of thinking around me as well. And have been met with the same ? , I agree to leave ? where they at if that's where they want to be, but as far as blowin it up. There's a part of me that wants to drop a nuke in that ? and start over, but on the other, I don't know what kind of dude i'd be without a lot of the lessons I got from comin up. And no matter what happens, I could go home and get real, real love. It's crazy too because I can see ? got real talent, but they let their surroundings get the best of em. But that goes back to what I said, everybody don't have that resolve to beat themselves like that. They get settled into their comfort zone and boom, you look up, an you 50, and it's over.

There was a time where every time I sensed any type of failure in doing something else, I literally went and bought some work, every time, it's because it's what I knew. But like you said, the longer you stay in, the more likely you'll end up stayin, so finally I said the streets gon be there forever and just walked, whatever happened, happened. Not everybody is willin to do that because they can't see further than the corner store. Respect tho. I understand exactly how you feel because i've been in that spot. You just more shrewd about it than I am.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

-Fredrick Douglas

Larger problem here is there are plenty of White neighborhoods with just as much crime that should be targeted. It's as if gun violence is the only crime whites care about. So, while Whites,continue to dominate the drug trade and drug use, swindle people out of millions, lead the nation in ? , serial killing and terrorism we will just focus on Blacks with guns and petty drug charges.

Quoted for emphasis one of the more underrated posts I've seen here in a while.
  • Kwan Dai

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

Family?

It ain't us that promotes it. 99% of the things we see that are promoted to do us harm, or that will do us harm are owned by someone else. Watch ad placement carefully, watch what's promoted, and who it's promoted to who carefully, watch commercials that are geared toward us. You're more likely to buy something from someone who looks like you, all them 25% interest rate ass car dealerships be in the hood bruh.

I could go on for days about this. Housing projects and all that was basically social experiments, people of those numbers were never designed to live that close to each other, throw poverty in, and what you got? People make it out all the time, but check the ratio, check the homicide rates, check the crime rates fam, the numbers match.

Family. I agree that we are subjected to very harmful experiences via advertising, predatory lending etc. However none of this reality makes your statement true. I was born and raised in BK, NY. But I was never, ever encouraged to ? myself before I could walk. I can also say the same for my extended family, and friends. I live in what many label as the "hood" here in Atl. (although it is far from it). And we aren't Encouraging any of our Black youth to ? themselves before they can walk.
  • Kwan Dai

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

i mentioned whites gettin shot jus as well cause i believe and i state on here all the time thanks to America bein take over by corporations.. the country is more classist than racist ..they use racism to mask ot and distract it..

u got poor blacks and whites hatin each other when its the elite (blacks included) settin the policy..

There's some truth to this. However, I don't give poor whites or rich whites the benefit. In fact poor whites are the majority of the reason Trump is in office and where/are some of the most notorious racists. Poor whites have never stood with poor Blacks. And that's not going to change. Of course there's going to be the one off whiteboy that has the unfortunate experience of growing up with Blacks because, their privileged parents couldn't get their life together. The majority of poor whites are quite alright living in their own communities while blaming blacks for their misery.

Our problem as Blacks will forever be trying to live like white folks.
  • CapitalB
    edited March 2017

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

the solution isnt "leaving the hood"?!
    see.. thats the problem i have that i spoke on earlier..

aint no savin the hood..
    that aint even LUR hood.. thats where we was placed..
    we dont own the land.. we dont own the property.. we dont own the businesses..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people arent ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..
    those people aint my problem..

and please.. dont read between my lines.. there's nothin there..
    i say what i mean i mean what i say..
  • CapitalB

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

There's some truth to this. However, I don't give poor whites or rich whites the benefit. In fact poor whites are the majority of the reason Trump is in office and where/are some of the most notorious racists. Poor whites have never stood with poor Blacks. And that's not going to change. Of course there's going to be the one off whiteboy that has the unfortunate experience of growing up with Blacks because, their privileged parents couldn't get their life together. The majority of poor whites are quite alright living in their own communities while blaming blacks for their misery.

Our problem as Blacks will forever be trying to live like white folks.

poor whites put Trump in office cause poor whites been gettin they ass whooped.. like i said.. its jus not news worthy..

but commin from the hood.. and dealin wit white ? that come from sketchy backgrounds trust me.. they goin thru it to..

u jus dont see it on the news and u dont hear them whinning about it..
    we all poor and we have our underlining issues and police are here to protect and serve eveyone OVER a certain income..

like i first heard from Richard Pryor..
    there is no justice.. its just us..
    and i actually believe poor whites is startin to see it..

jus like ? was gettin ready to boil over for blacks they gave us Obama (hope) well now they givin them Trump.. same ? .. but they can only remix the same song for so long before people stop dancin..

they are startin to see it aint the blacks so thats why they now tryin to blame the immigrants.. but they go see that Trump aint ? either and then who knows..

iv been sayin all election.
    i hope Trump wins.. he's what America deserves..
    @Lefty_ mentioned ealier about us bein born down 20..

well he bout to ? it up so bad we go all start at ? zero.. and we'll all know who are true opponent is..
    and im fine with that..

i unlike others understand no risk no reward and thats why for decades after the civil rights movement we still in the same ? .
  • Kwan Dai

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

aint no savin the hood..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people are ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..

No the solution isn't to do that. We continually miss the opportunity to gentrify the neighborhoods where we are the majority. What ends up happening is, whites come in and do this very thing. Blacks are then pushed out and forced to start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't have your defeatist attitude.

Black people with money are ? up too. Why not "fumigate" them as well? Your logic isn't sound.

• CapitalB

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

aint no savin the hood..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people are ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..

No the solution isn't to do that. We continually miss the opportunity to gentrify the neighborhoods where we are the majority. What ends up happening is, whites come in and do this very thing. Blacks are then pushed out and forced to start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't have your defeatist attitude.

Black people with money are ? up too. Why not "fumigate" them as well? Your logic isn't sound.

i dont have a defeatist mentality..
    i have a do it ourself attitude..

otherwise id still be in the hood accepting my reality vs creating my own..
    i dont look to the system to do ? for me..

sorry u got the wrong guy..
  • 5th Letter

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

ill wait.

aint no savin the hood..

and i dont care what hood is "code" for.. it doesnt change the fact that its ? up.. black people arent ? up.. they are in ? up situations and majority choose to stay in those situations..

Why do people stay? I don't think it's easy to just up and leave.
  • TheNuttinProffessor
    TheNuttinProffessor Members Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭

-Fredrick Douglas

but nah..

but still..

so im happy for them..

I feel you, and i've tried to raise people's level of thinking around me as well. And have been met with the same ? , I agree to leave ? where they at if that's where they want to be, but as far as blowin it up. There's a part of me that wants to drop a nuke in that ? and start over, but on the other, I don't know what kind of dude i'd be without a lot of the lessons I got from comin up. And no matter what happens, I could go home and get real, real love. It's crazy too because I can see ? got real talent, but they let their surroundings get the best of em. But that goes back to what I said, everybody don't have that resolve to beat themselves like that. They get settled into their comfort zone and boom, you look up, an you 50, and it's over.

There was a time where every time I sensed any type of failure in doing something else, I literally went and bought some work, every time, it's because it's what I knew. But like you said, the longer you stay in, the more likely you'll end up stayin, so finally I said the streets gon be there forever and just walked, whatever happened, happened. Not everybody is willin to do that because they can't see further than the corner store. Respect tho. I understand exactly how you feel because i've been in that spot. You just more shrewd about it than I am.

I almost threw my life away tryna move that boy 2 years ago

I can't really add to what you and @BOSSExcellence Said aside from seeing it happen everyday

My lil mans is so smart and artistically inclined, everytime somethin go wrong he back on a joint

My homie since a shorty a math wiz ? , he rather serve p's of garbage

It's so many other examples around me and my area not even ra ra like that. It's all ? see and hear though. I can't even get my ? to change they diets let alone the mindset