So are all you Egypt loving African Americans watching Henry Louis Gates' PBS special on Africa?

Options
13»

Comments

• BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I thought it was known that most black people in the western hemisphere came from the western part of Africa/ Alkebulan. Black people history predates West Africa so what's the problem? We migrated there from the Eastern part of Alkebulan which is where it all started.

Sumeria/ Mesopotamia is the supposedly the oldest civilization and they called themselves Saggiga "The Black Headed One's."
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BedStuy wrote: »
    I thought it was known that most black people in the western hemisphere came from the western part of Africa/ Alkebulan. Black people history predates West Africa so what's the problem? We migrated there from the Eastern part of Alkebulan which is where it all started.

Sumeria/ Mesopotamia is the supposedly the oldest civilization and they called themselves Saggiga "The Black Headed One's."

We don't predate the land mass but left east Africa thousands of years before we see the rise of the ancient civilizations.

Mesopotamia is debatable and looks like it was pushed due to the location of Abraham so it must be the oldest somehow.
  • BedStuy
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

We don't predate the land mass but left east Africa thousands of years before we see the rise of the ancient civilizations.

Mesopotamia is debatable and looks like it was pushed due to the location of Abraham so it must be the oldest somehow.

Whatever... At least we can agree that we came from East Africa

And how is Meso debatable due to Abraham? There's tons of architectural evidence that it existed.

List other ancient civilizations besides Egypt because those are the two that's debated in which came first.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »
    Ya do know egyptians migrated to west Africa to escape persecution...Anyways Timbuktu was a Hebrew empire before being Muslim...So yeah a lot of us have egyptian ancestors.Let´s not be ignorant.

You have scientific proof link genetic marker? DNA?

We all share subsaharian DNA including Tutankhamon whole family,Ramses 3 and a whole bunch of other mummies I think it´s called A1b1 gene it´s subsaharan so we all share that.If you from Angole or Benin you also have that gene which means we share the same ancestors.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    THIS IS VERY SIMPLE.WHERE DO YOU THINK THE EGYPTIANS THAT RAN AWAY FROM THE GREEKS,ROMANS,SYRIANS,MUSLIMS WENT?WHERE DID THEY GO?IF THE MUSLIMS WENT ALL THE WAY TO SUDAN WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY WENT?THEY RAN TO THE WEST.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To back up cabanas last claim with some possible conjecture I was doing research on the history of Cameroon and it has been posited by historians that their oldest known civilization the Sao were possibly the hyksos of Egyptian history and were pushed southward when they were finally able to repel them
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Options
    gibor wrote: »
    To back up cabanas last claim with some possible conjecture I was doing research on the history of Cameroon and it has been posited by historians that their oldest known civilization the Sao were possibly the hyksos of Egyptian history and were pushed southward when they were finally able to repel them

I did not know this.Do you have any refenrence?
  • Ajackson17
    Options

And how is Meso debatable due to Abraham? There's tons of architectural evidence that it existed.

List other ancient civilizations besides Egypt because those are the two that's debated in which came first.

Ta Seti most definitely is a candidate as well, we also have to remember Sudan as of now have the earliest of humans being homes out of stone.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/822646-15000-year-old-houses-found-in-africa-show-advanced-skills/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affad_23

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wadi/hd_wadi.htm

It looks like Nile valley culture is older most definitely.

Remember Mesopotamia wasn't even inhabited until 6,000 years ago. That was due most of it being a swamped until it slowly dried due to natural changes in the environment and weather.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last two episodes are exploring the 19th century and colonialism. ? start getting depressing but a very necessary watch.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gibor wrote: »

I did not know this.Do you have any refenrence?

From a college book

Fanso, V. G. (1989). Cameroon History for Secondary Schools and Colleges, Vol. 1: From Prehistoric Times to the Nineteenth Century.
  • BedStuy
    Options

Ta Seti most definitely is a candidate as well, we also have to remember Sudan as of now have the earliest of humans being homes out of stone.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/822646-15000-year-old-houses-found-in-africa-show-advanced-skills/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affad_23

http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/wadi/hd_wadi.htm

It looks like Nile valley culture is older most definitely.

Remember Mesopotamia wasn't even inhabited until 6,000 years ago. That was due most of it being a swamped until it slowly dried due to natural changes in the environment and weather.

Well damn ..... how deep does the rabbit hole go :grey_question:
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    edited March 2017
    Options
    From what I know the oldest human came from Ethiopia.They went north to Sudan and down south.I don´t think they went west from the jump because it´s straight up Jungle until Nigeria so they probably went left(west) through the passage Sudan via Chade then they made it to the west.This probably took a long time they probably established in the nile for a long time build Egypt then started going west.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is very little difference between this and Dr. Chancellor Williams' Destruction of Black Civilization.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you learn more about Africa, you really find how much they ? themselves over. They essentially gave the Europeans the keys to the kingdom by allowing that slave trade to go down.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    When you learn more about Africa, you really find how much they ? themselves over. They essentially gave the Europeans the keys to the kingdom by allowing that slave trade to go down.

Yeah, they did. In retrospect we are looking at the situation as Africa as a united people, those kingdoms, empires, and city states were in no way form or shape united and looked at each other as distinct as United States looks at Russia and vice versa. Pan-Africanism/We are all black folk ideology/etc is really an United States African American phenomenon that never reached Africa as a whole.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, they did. In retrospect we are looking at the situation as Africa as a united people, those kingdoms, empires, and city states were in no way form or shape united and looked at each other as distinct as United States looks at Russia and vice versa. Pan-Africanism/We are all black folk ideology/etc is really an United States African American phenomenon that never reached Africa as a whole.

Yeah, you're right. It probably is unreasonable, but you just get the feeling that they should have seen the greater threat that Europe represented and put aside their differences. That's not realistic though.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

Yeah, you're right. It probably is unreasonable, but you just get the feeling that they should have seen the greater threat that Europe represented and put aside their differences. That's not realistic though.

Some leaders did, but we also must remember they kidnapped leaders and held them for ransom and supplied other vassal nations with guns to subdue the ones who wouldn't work in the slave trade like Toussaint L'overture grandfather and father who fought against Dahomey who would be leading power in the slave trade. There was multiple groups who fought back, but at the end of the day there was too many who saw this as a chance of gaining power and trying to establish who huge dynasties like of old.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    heres an old skit about Egypt and the origin of man from the Richard pryor show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVzCYmHI40g
  • Ajackson17
    Options
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I can't front. I hate when when ? all talking bout that Egypt ? .

My blackness comes from Ghana and the Ivory Coast.

Mine is from Sierre Leone, but depending on how far back you are willing to go, MOST West Africans are from East Africa/Egypt. After the drought (that hit Egypt almost ten thousand years ago) most Egyptians left Egypt in search for more fertile grounds to basically live. Right around that time is when the Arabs entered for the sake of taking over, which further pushed original Egyptians south and west. That lightened black skin, then the Romans came (thus Cleopatra), then the Western Europeans and these invasions have been going on for more than 7,000 years.That's why they are as light as they are. IT is ALL documented fact. https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/human-journey/ That's why most of all Africa's origins trace back to Ethiopia and Egypt and you find much later civilizations migrating West and South. This is also why Arabs don't know ? about the pyramids or even the original languages of Egypt that somehow Ethiopians still retain. I'm sure you know what the original Egyptians literally wrote on the walls what they called themselves and what the Greeks called them KMT.
    This equals many WEST AFricans originating from Egypt (not all). You can talk to West Africans (Ghana,Nigeria, Liberia) and ask them when their histories say they migrated there. Most all of them will be able to tell you they are natives (but their history says they migrated their from the East of Africa.)
    That's why Black Americans trace themselves to Egypt and the reason whites of Europe and America and Arabs in Egypt do not want to admit it. It goes against white superiority that ties its roots to Rome, Greece and dare I say Egypt. Most Arabs are tied to that race ? just as whites. They don't like Europeans but they're racist against blacks too and wreaked hell on Africa with slavery.
    Me, personally I don't give a ? . It doesn't add one penny to my bank account. I could be from Japan for all I care.
    It's the truth that I'm after. A truth from 20,000 years ago does nothing for the present unless someone else has convinced the world of a lie for a reason that does effect your perception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTKBaIUtqcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdw3TyZn6s4