Comments

• blue_london
    blue_london Members Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has been hilarious
  • all original
    all original Members Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the Earth was flat and non-rotating as FE's claim, the phases of the moon we know and see would not exist. I wonder how they think the moon looks in certain phases in the northern hemisphere as opposed to the southern hemisphere?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is just one of many pictures but I know there is no way to show it flat earthers

India-Pakistan Border at Night

iss045-e-27869.jpg?itok=Y2lcRwLz
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    If the work was flat it would be sunny every ? day

This is how they've explained it would work:

500px-RenderedFE.jpg

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To all the flat earthers in this thread.

Which grade did you drop out?

They skip classes K- 12 just chilling on school grounds.
  • all original
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    That dumb ? would work if the sun wasn't literally 1 million times the earth's size.

Actually had somebody tell me that the sun was not that far in relation to the earth. It was about 3000 miles away and it rotated above the earth! Da ? ? So, if the sun was 3000 miles high as you claim then let's ponder this...China is roughly 6200 miles from coastal California. So on a flat earth model, when the sun is on the other side of the "dinner plate", according to basic trigonometry the sun should never get any lower than 25.8 degrees ABOVE the horizon when viewing a sunset from California. However, we observe the sun going below this value all the way to zero degrees as it sets. If that were truly a perspective, it would just fade away at a point in the sky 25.8 degrees above the horizon. So either sunsets are fake, trigonometry is fake or the FE model is fake. Take your pick!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Btw flat earthers think we can walk on the sun too.

Man all you flat earthers in this thread have kids. Please tell me you aren't sharing your views with them.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If they would lie about the earth being a ball then wouldn't they lie about the size of the sun and other ? too? did you know for hundreds of years everybody thought the world was flat until some guy came with the ball THEORY? then through many years of propaganda they made people believe the earth was a big ball just floating in space, this was also at a time when we had no space rockets they didn't even have planes, so how the ? did they know the earth was a ball back then and they can't even get a picture of earth now in 2017 lol.

And for the poster who said we probably don't believe in gravity lol I will say it again....GRAVITY IS A THEORY...A ? THEORY!! NOT A FACT IT'S A THEORY!!
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    If they would lie about the earth being a ball then wouldn't they lie about the size of the sun and other ? too? did you know for hundreds of years everybody thought the world was flat until some guy came with the ball THEORY?

You mean Pythagoras? As in the same guy who created the Pythagoras theroum?

One of the greatest philosophers of all time?

Some guy smh

Natural selection I'm telling yall
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    did you know for hundreds of years everybody thought the world was flat until some guy came with the ball THEORY?

Umm that guy was Aristotle because he noticed that during an eclipse because of the round shadow it left on the moon. Galileo went blind gathering proof that everything revolves around the sun. It was blasphemy to say such things and everything had to be studied in secrecy or face death or life imprisonment. The actual conspiracy was to keep the world in the dark about all of that.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If they would lie about the earth being a ball then wouldn't they lie about the size of the sun and other ? too? did you know for hundreds of years everybody thought the world was flat until some guy came with the ball THEORY?

You mean Pythagoras? As in the same guy who created the Pythagoras theroum?

One of the greatest philosophers of all time?

Some guy smh

Natural selection I'm telling yall

Never remembered his name, let me guess he attended a top university and was born with a silver spoon, funny how you need to be born into wealth to be considered smart. tell me what makes him one of the best philosophers of all time? not gonna lie I don't know ? about the man but I do know one thing he had no way of knowing the earth was a floating ball.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    It's a theory that some unseen force keeps us on earth and makes things fall to the ground. Gawd damn I need to rid myself of that so I can float everywhere!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    You know it drives me nuts that you could swallow all this ? about the flat earth, take their word for it, but not go back and research who first proposed what and how that all came about. Willful ignorance at its finest.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    flat or round no one can confirm that because no one has ever seen a real complete picture of earth from space

u1kkwagp6yz1.gif

so you're saying you've seen a real complete picture of earth from space, how?, Nasa said that they haven't traveled far enough in space to get a complete picture of earth, they said their full pictures are computer generated

you must be a ? idiot

the Apollo programs did

The Voyager satellites also did

seriously are americans just paranoid dumfucks or you guys trolling , i can no longer tell.
  • all original
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If they would lie about the earth being a ball then wouldn't they lie about the size of the sun and other ? too? did you know for hundreds of years everybody thought the world was flat until some guy came with the ball THEORY? then through many years of propaganda they made people believe the earth was a big ball just floating in space, this was also at a time when we had no space rockets they didn't even have planes, so how the ? did they know the earth was a ball back then and they can't even get a picture of earth now in 2017 lol.

And for the poster who said we probably don't believe in gravity lol I will say it again....GRAVITY IS A THEORY...A ? THEORY!! NOT A FACT IT'S A THEORY!!

Never remembered his name, let me guess he attended a top university and was born with a silver spoon, funny how you need to be born into wealth to be considered smart. tell me what makes him one of the best philosophers of all time? not gonna lie I don't know ? about the man but I do know one thing he had no way of knowing the earth was a floating ball.

t5javelrf7au.jpg

• Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? @Preach2Teach really think pac really said "suge shot me" on 7 day theory.
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    This ? @Preach2Teach really think pac really said "suge shot me" on 7 day theory.

Dude has the only copy of the styles p Aaliyah diss

He probably the one sellin the car pac got shot in.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @ kai
    @ Copper

I don't want to ruin y'all day with stupidity. But please tell these retards that the earth isn't flat.
    You can't it's like telling a believer there is no ? .
This discussion has been closed.