B.O.B on Hot 97 and his dumb Flat Earth Theory

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it true that they have the flat earth map on Air Force One? If it's fake why have that map on the plane? Or are the pictures I saw of those maps on both JFK's and Obama's planes what's fake? How do you know for sure?

Its called stereographic projection
    800px-Stereographic_projection_in_3D.svg.png

In geometry, the stereographic projection is a particular mapping (function) that projects a sphere onto a plane. The projection is defined on the entire sphere, except at one point: the projection point. Where it is defined, the mapping is smooth and bijective. It is conformal, meaning that it preserves angles. It is neither isometric nor area-preserving: that is, it preserves neither distances nor the areas of figures.

Intuitively, then, the stereographic projection is a way of picturing the sphere as the plane, with some inevitable compromises. Because the sphere and the plane appear in many areas of mathematics and its applications, so does the stereographic projection; it finds use in diverse fields including complex analysis, cartography, geology, and photography. In practice, the projection is carried out by computer or by hand using a special kind of graph paper called a stereographic net, shortened to stereonet, or Wulff net.

I know wikipedia isn't the end all be all to reliable sources but stereographic projection isn't a conspiracy to keep flat earth secret it's just a way to make a flat map of earth. You can learn all about that too just like the conspiracy about it!

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2_stepz is that you?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lefty_ wrote: »
    Talk that astrophysics ? baby.

Don't get it wrong I'm not trying to pretend like I'm some ? uber smart, think I got a degree pseudo type ? , I'd much rather be called a ? haha ;) but anyone can learn about this stuff and its super interesting.

For the Science haters/scoffers:

"Science" came about because not all was right with the people who were suppose to be our mediums between ? and us(the uncommons with no direct contact or connection to ? ). These mediums(priests and other men of ? ) were doing many of the things they said ? told US not to do because it cuts you off from ? and is a sin. So people started to pull away thinking surely they do not know ? ! So they set off to find ? for themselves. And they would look and study all that ? created, cuz surely ? was to be found there. They looked, and looked but no ? , then some grew bitter of religion AND ? because there was no ? and taught that rejection(but thats another story). Speed up to today and science is blown away at how intricate and finely tuned this universe is that dare they say there is an intelligence behind it somehow. It's just flabbergasting.

So to know only some small thing about science and then scoff at it and laugh is so insulting to people like Kai who literally dedicate their lives to studying this stuff(not the universe in particular for her) so that we can understand it and ask "hey how does that work cuz I don't know?" She or they can tell you, or write a book you can read or watch a video explaing it. You spend all this time watching these flat earth videos but why not take the time to watch a bunch of ten minute science videos? You really gotta watch some on atoms like the double slip experiment that ? is crazy!!

It was religion who pushed people away to seek and find ? on their own, if they had only practiced what they preached we might not have all this "science mumbo jumbo".
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE UNITED NATIONS MAP IS FLAT EARTH MAP, I THINK THE BIGGEST PROBLEM TO THOSE WHO DON'T AT LEAST LISTEN TO THE FLAT EARTH FACTS , IS IGNORANCE. AND STUPIDITY, THE SAME QUESTION THAT U ASK WOULD SOUND DUMB IF ASKED IN REVERSE, MAIN 1 WHY DON'T U FALL OFF THE EDGE IF THE EARTH IS FLAT, AT LEAST LOOK INTO IT BEFORE DISCREDITING IT. I WOULD NEVER SAY THE DEVIL DOESN'T EXIT UNLESS I COULD PROVE ? DOES
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    rebootx1 wrote: »
    THE UNITED NATIONS MAP IS FLAT EARTH MAP, I THINK THE BIGGEST PROBLEM TO THOSE WHO DON'T AT LEAST LISTEN TO THE FLAT EARTH FACTS , IS IGNORANCE. AND STUPIDITY, THE SAME QUESTION THAT U ASK WOULD SOUND DUMB IF ASKED IN REVERSE, MAIN 1 WHY DON'T U FALL OFF THE EDGE IF THE EARTH IS FLAT, AT LEAST LOOK INTO IT BEFORE DISCREDITING IT. I WOULD NEVER SAY THE DEVIL DOESN'T EXIT UNLESS I COULD PROVE ? DOES

I've looked into it. It's ? .

Please don't try to justify it. And of course their map is flat. Why would they make a round map? Smh

Go buy a globe b
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    @sion u seeing this ? fam? Lmao ridiculous
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    UNTIL U SEEN THE EARTH FROM SPACE YOURSELF WHO'S TO SAY ???

that's now how knowledge works

That's exactly how KNOWledge works. How do you know something you, yourself, don't really know

You can believe with all your heart the earth is whatever but you don't know ?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

That's exactly how KNOWledge works. How do you know something you, yourself, don't really know

yeah so basically in order to know things you have to start from scratch and recreate every observation and experiment ever done in human history and then afterwards hopefully have some time leftover to build on that.

lol ok.
  • rebootx1
    Options
    IMA SHOW U A PICTURE WITH A ? IN YO GIRL MOUTH, DOES THAT MEAN ITS REAL, I'LL ALSO DESCRIBE HER AND TELL U WHERE SHE WORKS, DOES THAT MEAN ITS REAL, IMA ALSO TELL YOU WHAT TIME SHE GETS OFF WORK DOES THAT MEAN ITS REAL, UNTIL YOU KNOW FOR YOUR SELF U DONT KNOW ITS JUST LIKE RELIGION, YOU DONT KNOW , PLAIN AND SIMPLE , FOR PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT MY GRAMMAR, ? ALL THAT IM NOT FINA BE TAKING 20 MINUTES WITH CORRECTING ? JUST SO U ? HEAD CAN DiSCREDICt my ? anyway
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah so basically in order to know things you have to start from scratch and recreate every observation and experiment ever done in human history and then afterwards hopefully have some time leftover to build on that.

lol ok.

Or just accept you don't know ?
    So R.D. are all the other planets flat? Or just us?

I don't know the shape of any planet...don't much care <3
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The most dangerous thing about the flat earth theory is that people are so bored and unmotivated, they deconstruct life to a level that is asinine beyond reproach and it makes them unfit for society once people hear they believe this.

I mean look at B.o.B, ? look like he prolly doesn't leave his house
  • rebootx1
    Options
    1 thing I notice about people who don't wanna even look at the flat earth theories, they deflect the focus to name calling or insults and other foolery, instead of stating facts that will debunk the flat earth theory
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    @sion u seeing this ? fam? Lmao ridiculous

Maaaaannn I thought I seen it all on the IC but got dayum it never lets me down LOLOLOLOL

People in here think the world is flat because of videos they've seen on YouTube.

Not actual facts, scholars or scientists...... YouTube!
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    ^^never been on a plane post

You're welcome to take his place and explain the reasoning.

I'm sorry I cursed, I legit want the explanation behind that. If you're just talking out your ass trying to be a ? , that's cool too

Suck my ? , otherwise I'd genuinely like to hear the explanation in one of you's words

1."Sorry I cursed"
    2."Suck my ? "

tumblr_ofavouwAJn1vhfdquo1_400.gif

This made me thought of this:

9b1YZq.gif
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options

Yeah you people deserve Betsy Devos.smh

• #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Yeah you people deserve Betsy Devos.smh

Lmao
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    ? you ? are dumb. I hope y'all ain't pro creating. Lord knows we got enough idiots as it is.
  • Busta Carmichael
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ? you ? are dumb. I hope y'all ain't pro creating. Lord knows we got enough idiots as it is.

All of them got kids b.

ALL the flat earthers in this thread
This discussion has been closed.