Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Options
Breezy_Kilroy
Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
I didn't see an official thread if there is then merge them but this looks good as ? !

Shadow of War looks to be a complete upgrade over Shadow of Mordor.
After awhile Mordor became too easy. It was more routine than anything but War looks to build on that with the nemesis system, customization, larger battles, upgrades, abilities, etc.

Really looking forward to this title just not sure to cop day 1 or wait till they offer the game with every add- on.

16 Minute gameplay walkthrough

https://youtu.be/BgcFxCGP4fw

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also interview with Monolith from TechRadar with some Scorpio talk.

http://www.techradar.com/news/middle...roject-scorpio
    Allen describes Monolith and Microsoft's working relationship as "fantastic" – both are based in Seattle, for starters – but what about the actual Project Scorpio hardware?

"So far, we really like it," Allen says. "I don't know how much they've revealed the specs, but it is an upgrade. It's not just sort-of, 'We're going to upgrade some stuff.' There's things you can do with it. So, we're pretty excited to be working with them specifically."

Ive heard a few devs now say that PS4 Pro is a half step, whereas Scorpio is the real deal.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I'm on this soon as it drop
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i still need to beat Mordor before i invest in this one, but looks like fire flame
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First day. Me and Azlaar gonna be running ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kind of excited. I played Mordor, but i was burnt out on it after a week or so. This looks promising af though.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm down for more systematic orc slaughter
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That nemesis system was dope, was hoping more games used a similar system. I'll check it out when it drops.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who playing this? Looks dope asf im downloading it now.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Who playing this? Looks dope asf im downloading it now.

It's out? I heard it was too many microtransactions and the multi player aspect interferes with single player.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Yeah it came out like 2 days ago, yeah there are microtransactions, but I wont let that stop me from enjoying, its not evolve level microtransactions. Microtransactions are a staple its almost like complaining about having to get an oil change at this point.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I onlymade it past the the prologue, probably wont have much time to play in the near future but cant wait to dig in much more.
  • englishdude
    Options
    Gunna download this now, nemesis system was goat in the first one, seems like they've added to it.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this game it is everything I loved about Shadow of Mordor(which was everything) and 3x better, plus some extras. They better make another LoTR game like this real ? .
  • englishdude
    Options
    Yea this will keep me going for a while, is the first area all tutorial or something?

Had this same chief fight me around 15 times now. Decapitated him, returned missing an eye, cut him in half returns fully functioning. Cut his limbs off, still ? returns!!

I've killed legendaries and they haven't returned but this guy just doesn't die lol.

He's adapting every fight and has the cheat death perk starting to ? me off haha.

I've got 3 chief left but also have a duel so I know once I do that more will spawn, have I just gotta do the missions before I can own the territory or what?!?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won’t be copping due to the loot boxes.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

You should probably retire from gaming bro, loot boxes, dlc and season passes are the norm and enhances games when implemented correctly.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Read the loot boxes aren't mandatory at all because most Uruks are walking loot boxes. I guess in buying them you just have a better chance of getting something worthwhile.

I don't have a problem with micro transactions per say as long as it's reasonable.
    The ? they're doing with Battlefront 2 is unacceptable imo.

Imma cop, thought the first game was dope. This just seems to add on to everything that made Shadow of Mordor so good.
  • Karl.
    Options

You should probably retire from gaming bro, loot boxes, dlc and season passes are the norm and enhances games when implemented correctly.

I agree they can enhance games if implemented correctly. This seems like a pay to win situation to me though so I’m talking with my wallet. Also, since when did they ? open loot boxes in LOTR to find orcs? Doesn’t fit the story at all.

Just because this ? the norm doesn’t mean we have to put up with it. I’ve copped a few season passes which have been a total waste of money and I’ve copped some good ones. I’ve also purchased games which aren’t complete until you buy the season pass. Some unsavoury tactics going on. ‘Online passes’ eventually died so I’m hoping the same happens here.
  • Karl.
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don’t prepurchase season passes anymore. I just wait for the content to drop. Remember that trash they did with Arkham Knight? Oh look it’s another game published by WB.
  • lucyajones
    lucyajones Members Posts: 25
    Options
    Better believe it turned out like 2 days prior, definitely there are microtransactions, however, I won't let that prevent me from appreciating, it does not develop level microtransactions. Microtransactions are a staple its practically like whining about getting an oil change now.
  • The Recipe
    Options

I agree they can enhance games if implemented correctly. This seems like a pay to win situation to me though so I’m talking with my wallet. Also, since when did they ? open loot boxes in LOTR to find orcs? Doesn’t fit the story at all.

Just because this ? the norm doesn’t mean we have to put up with it. I’ve copped a few season passes which have been a total waste of money and I’ve copped some good ones. I’ve also purchased games which aren’t complete until you buy the season pass. Some unsavoury tactics going on. ‘Online passes’ eventually died so I’m hoping the same happens here.

Check this video out breaks down why games are 60 dollars and why dlc and microtransactions are a necessary evil.

https://youtu.be/xvTd8wsRKpo
  • The Recipe
    Options
    So nobody is calling this 1.5 or a copy and paste job...... Interesting when certain games have an iteration so similar you get those complaints.