Jerrod Carmichael: 8 | HBO Comedy Special

2»

Comments

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    ? was hilarious, i like his dry pan delivery its like Louis CK. Real ? he spoke about.

8/10
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched this yesterday. This special was MUCH better than his first HBO special. I got some good laughs out of this one. I really like the delivery of some of his jokes. He has the room quiet as all hell and the subject matter will be pretty serious, then the punchline comes and cracks you up. Still sometimes feels like he is doing a chappelle delivery but maybe the chappelle influence is just really strong.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    ? was hilarious, i like his dry pan delivery its like Louis CK. Real ? he spoke about.

8/10

Blasphemy
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

Bill Burr>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Louie
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

Idk fam. Bill's best is a bit better than Louie's best, but Bill is inconsistent. His last special was weak compared to the one before it. His show wasn't as good as any of Louie's either
  • Inglewood_B
    edited March 2017

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

I like Bill better too. Both those CACs are light years ahead of this ? tho

Jim Norton new special on Netflix is better than Jerrod too
  • fortyacres

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

i dont know about this

Bill Burr comedy is generic working class ? , sports analogies & women.

Louie's perceptive is shear genius level observations, his paedophilia joke on SNL is something else.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

i dont know about this

Louie's perceptive is shear genius level observations, his paedophilia joke on SNL is something else.

Soo.....Life

I've never even cracked a smile at any of his stand-up. Dude just isn't that funny

• soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just ok. I like his show better than his standups.

When he's on stage by himself, it's hard for him to get his point across. But on the show, he's got other ppl to portray his message
  • fortyacres

8/10

Blasphemy

? that overrated cracka

i dont know about this

Soo.....Life

I've never even cracked a smile at any of his stand-up. Dude just isn't that funny

Its pretty generic jokes , i like the challenge of people who think outside the box thus I think there there is a difference between a Dave Chappelle and a Kevin Hart , one is a genius and one is generic good.

to each his own i guess
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    real talk...went to my moms house and his stand up was on...i legit thought it was a rehearsal or something...it was quiet af in that venue

all i heard my mama say was "he not funny...his show is better than this"
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes a comedy club comic. Hes not "Special" comedian. Hes not gonna run around the stage like Katt Williams... Have fireworks & pyro like Kevin Hart... Or pace & yell like Chris Rock

Maybe thats why ppl dont get it.

Hes funny to me tho
  • Inglewood_B
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Hes a comedy club comic. Hes not "Special" comedian. Hes not gonna run around the stage like Katt Williams... Have fireworks & pyro like Kevin Hart... Or pace & yell like Chris Rock

Hes funny to me tho

Nah don't try to pretend like this some next level high brow humor that go over ? heads lol. We "get" the jokes, they just aren't funny and his delivery dry and timid af. This is cornball comedy, he should go on tour with Jim Gaffigan.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Hes funny to me tho

Nah don't try to pretend like this some next level high brow humor that go over ? heads lol. We "get" the jokes, they just aren't funny and his delivery dry and timid af. This is cornball comedy, he should go on tour with Jim Gaffigan.

Lol i didnt mean "dont get it" like that.

I just meant i can see how ppl dont think hes special. He dont try to sell his jokes.

He just stands there and says it. Either u like it or not.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jim Gaffigan has classics, buddy.