King goes full on Klansman:Hispanic,Black People Will Turn On Each Other Before Outnumbering Whites…

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-king-hispanic-black-people-turn-on-each-other-before-outnumbering-whites
    King: Hispanic, Black People Will Turn On Each Other Before Outnumbering Whites

Rep. Steve King (R-IA), of newfound "somebody else's babies" infamy, said on Monday that black and Hispanic populations "will be fighting each other" before outnumbering the population of white people in the United States.

"They're dividing people, they're pitting people against each other," King said on WHO radio's "The Jan Mickelson Show" in Des Moines.

King referred to Univision anchor Jorge Ramos' remark on Fox News that "the white population will become a minority." Ramos used the point to argue that the United States is a multiracial country.

"Jorge Ramos' stock in trade is identifying and trying to drive wedges between race," King said. "Race and ethnicity, I should say, to be more correct."

He said that "accentuating the differences" will result in "people that are at each other's throats."

"And he's adding up Hispanics and blacks into what he predicts will be in greater number than whites in America," King said. "I will predict that Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other before that happens."

King tweeted on Sunday that "civilization" cannot be restored "with somebody else's babies." On Monday morning he doubled down on his comments, saying that he "meant exactly what I said" in the post.

Asked by WHO's Jan Mickelson if there was anything about his tweets that he would change, King said: "Not at all."

"If I were going to change anything, first of all, there’s only 140 characters. So I really don’t know why people hyperventilate over a tweet," King told the "Breitbart News Daily" radio show on Tuesday.

He suggested that people who reacted to his tweet with outrage were “willfully ignorant.”

“If I had room to add on I would say, you can’t rebuild your civilization with somebody else’s babies unless you adopt them and bring them into your homes and raise them as your own," King said.

He said he is a "strong supporter" of Geert Wilders, an anti-Muslim Dutch politician with whom King has previously associated himself and who he also cited in the original post.

"They are supplanting Western civilization with Middle Eastern civilization," King said. "And I say, and Geert Wilders says, Western civilization is a superior civilization. It is the first world."

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Why lump Blacks/Africans in the same category with other minorities? Hispanics, Muslims, Asians do not care about us for the most part. The Mexican immigrants/illegal gang members in California/Los Angeles/Compton have been killing Blacks in those neighborhoods and displacing them for years now. I saw it first hand myself when I was there in '08. hopefully trump will keep his word and deport those criminal alien gang members. And the reason why there are abortion clinics every where is to control the birth rate in the Black Community and not the White Community. The Birth rates of Whites have been dropping now for years and it's only going to get worse.
  • stringer bell

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/13/why-are-we-hearing-crickets-from-the-gop-on-steve-kings-ugly-tweet/?tid=ss_tw-bottom&utm_term=.05aae9eb58cc
    There’s a reason for the GOP reticence about criticizing this sentiment from King: The GOP is now Donald Trump’s party. King’s statement is, at bottom, a particularly explicit expression of the white nationalist ideology that fueled the Trump campaign — and shaped the worldview of top Trump advisers Stephen Bannon and Stephen Miller. Advocates for that ideology are now directing strategy and policy from the West Wing.

Such statements are nothing new for the eight-term congressman from Iowa, and under questioning this morning on CNN, King refused to back down from his tweet. King defended himself today by claiming to be a “champion for Western civilization.”

Bannon views the world through a similar frame. He is known to admire the anti-immigrant, Islamophobic European far right (which, of course, includes figures like Wilders), as a bulwark against what he frames as a civilizational war against the West. King has long been a hero to Bannon for his anti-immigrant, anti-refugee views.

Indeed, Bannon’s and King’s shared view that Western civilization is under threat by immigration and refugees dates back to before either man got on the Trump train. King’s positions have been given prominent, laudatory treatment at the Bannon-run Breitbart, with the site frequently featuring his writing or interviews with him as “exclusives” to plug his opposition to immigration and refugee resettlement, and his anti-GOP establishment stances.

And we’ve unearthed an old interview that Bannon conducted with King that is newly relevant in the wake of King’s tweet.

In the November 2015 interview on the Breitbart News Daily radio program, which Bannon hosted until joining Trump’s campaign, King and Bannon discussed a measure pending in Congress at the time that would have defunded the Syrian refugee resettlement program. Bannon sided with King against House Speaker Paul Ryan, who, at the time, had questioned the plan to defund refugee programs because “that’s not who we are.”

King’s reaction in the interview was virtually identical to his new incendiary comments. “We should not be a suicidal nation,” he told Bannon. He had just returned from the Middle East and Europe to investigate the refugee crisis, he said, and he characterized the influx of refugees into Europe as “the end of their [Europeans’] culture and civilization.” He criticized Europeans for welcoming refugees, claiming of the Europeans that “by contraception and abortion” they do not “have enough babies to reproduce themselves.”

These Europeans, King maintained, then “define survival of their country as replacing themselves with people who do not share their values.”

Elsewhere in the interview, the Breitbart chief praised King as “a great mentor to all of us and a great friend of the site, and a true warrior.”
    Back to that 2015 Bannon-King interview. In it, King said: “It’s not enough to only address the Syrian situation. There are many other countries that produce terrorists. We need to put all those terrorist breeding grounds into our list of moratoriums.”

Bannon jumped in approvingly: “And defund it all.”

In the context of his discussion with King, it seems he was thinking of defunding refugee resettlement not just for Syrians but for refugees from other countries as well. Viewed in retrospect, perhaps this forecasted the idea around which Trump would shape his travel ban — one that casts refugees from certain countries as a cultural and demographic threat to the west.
  • stringer bell
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/steve-king-hispanic-black-people-turn-on-each-other-before-outnumbering-whites
    King: Hispanic, Black People Will Turn On Each Other Before Outnumbering Whites

Rep. Steve King (R-IA), of newfound "somebody else's babies" infamy, said on Monday that black and Hispanic populations "will be fighting each other" before outnumbering the population of white people in the United States.

"They're dividing people, they're pitting people against each other," King said on WHO radio's "The Jan Mickelson Show" in Des Moines.

King referred to Univision anchor Jorge Ramos' remark on Fox News that "the white population will become a minority." Ramos used the point to argue that the United States is a multiracial country.

"Jorge Ramos' stock in trade is identifying and trying to drive wedges between race," King said. "Race and ethnicity, I should say, to be more correct."

He said that "accentuating the differences" will result in "people that are at each other's throats."

"And he's adding up Hispanics and blacks into what he predicts will be in greater number than whites in America," King said. "I will predict that Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other before that happens."

King tweeted on Sunday that "civilization" cannot be restored "with somebody else's babies." On Monday morning he doubled down on his comments, saying that he "meant exactly what I said" in the post.

Asked by WHO's Jan Mickelson if there was anything about his tweets that he would change, King said: "Not at all."

"If I were going to change anything, first of all, there’s only 140 characters. So I really don’t know why people hyperventilate over a tweet," King told the "Breitbart News Daily" radio show on Tuesday.

He suggested that people who reacted to his tweet with outrage were “willfully ignorant.”

“If I had room to add on I would say, you can’t rebuild your civilization with somebody else’s babies unless you adopt them and bring them into your homes and raise them as your own," King said.

He said he is a "strong supporter" of Geert Wilders, an anti-Muslim Dutch politician with whom King has previously associated himself and who he also cited in the original post.

"They are supplanting Western civilization with Middle Eastern civilization," King said. "And I say, and Geert Wilders says, Western civilization is a superior civilization. It is the first world."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25psaDxHVfg
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told yall they were gonna try to use Hispanics against us
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    They want to genocide black people so bad, that's what they've been hinting at.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    "You can't build a nation with someone else's babies"

Says the country that literally stole people to build a nation
    Right, the irony. But let them tell it, the founding fathers and immigrants that came on their own built the country.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »
    "You can't build a nation with someone else's babies"

Says the country that literally stole people to build a nation

Nah bro, the 'African race' had no agency in its establishment; it was built solely by whites.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuomo then argued that America is not about "white or you're not right," at which point King said, "Well, actually, if you go down the road a few generations or maybe centuries with the inter-marriage, I'd like to see an America that's so homogenous that we look a lot the same from that perspective. I think there's far too much focus on race, especially in the last eight years. I want to see that put behind us."

This is NOT white nationalist rhetoric. Far from it.

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    I dont condone Steve King but i thought an impending Race War is what some yall keyboard millitants wanted ?

is the current climate not opportune to start this Nat Turner type rebellion some of ya'll prophesied and fantasized about ?
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Sounds a lot like he's saying that assimilated immigrants are fine. The only problem is with unassimilated ones.

Agree with that or not, that's not what white nationalists usually say.

These white nationalists are so dumb (they're praising him for his recent comments) they don't realize that he's fundamentally going against what they believe in.
  • stringer bell
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/white-house-trump-doesnt-share-point-of-view-steve-king-babies-tweet
    WH: Trump Does Not Share 'Point Of View' Espoused In King's 'Babies' Tweet

President Donald Trump does not share Rep. Steve King (R-IA) "point of view" that "civilization" cannot be restored "with somebody else's babies," the White House said on Tuesday.

"I think the President believes that this is not a point of view that he shares," White House press secretary Sean Spicer said during his daily briefing. "He believes he's the President for all Americans, and so I'll leave it at that."

King made the comments in a tweet on Sunday, and doubled down on them on Monday amid widespread backlash, saying that he "meant exactly what I said" in the post.

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter.gif
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Spicer with the lazy denial.. meanwhile he just told an American woman of Indian descent that she's "allowed" to be here
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    I dont condone Steve King but i thought an impending Race War is what some yall keyboard millitants wanted ?

is the current climate not opportune to start this Nat Turner type rebellion some of ya'll prophesied and fantasized about ?
    fortyacres wrote: »

We gota just hope we all just lazy enough to just talk tough on a computer thats the real New American way
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only the beginning watch Republicans push legislation to make English the official language and get rid of birthright citizenship.
  • stringer bell
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/steve-king-fires-back-at-critics-some-people-have-to-look-at-everything-through-the-race-lens/
    Steve King Fires Back at Critics: Some People ‘Have to Look at Everything Through the Race Lens’

Congressman Steve King (R-IA) continues to battle with critics after a Tweet on Sunday in which he wrote, “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

Appearing Monday night on SiriusXM’s The David Webb Show, King accused people of “playing the race card” for their own political gain.

“[W]e have people that are playing the race card and are capitalizing on it politically,” King said. “They have to look at everything through the race lens, and then they conflate race and ethnicity.”

King stated his belief that 2016 democratic Presidential nominee Hillary Clinton tried to assemble a “victimization coalition” for her political gain.

Hillary Clinton was trying to put together the most detailed victimization coalition in the history of America. Her husband started it when he named a cabinet that quote “looks like America.” He didn’t go for the meritocracy, he went for the cabinet that looks like America. And we saw Barack Obama play those cards over and over again throughout his eight years, and Hillary Clinton intended to pick up on that. She went a long ways down there, and now look at the divisions we have in America because of it. We need to get rid of that and look at our western civilization, of which America is definitely the leader, the flagship now for western civilization, and we’ve got to restore it and strengthen the values that made us the unchallenged greatest nation on the planet.

You know whitey is feeling heat when they accuse people who calling out their racism.. As the ones using the "race card".. Which makes no ? sense whatsoever.. But hey that's racist white's logic for you...
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    The black brown coalition is fictitious

Illegal immigration depressed African American wages, increasing incarceration.

My opinion is African Americans should look out for themselves. whats the point of being for illegal immigrants on a moral level but still remain generationally poor?

In congress, there's bound to be white supremacists whether explicitly or implicitly. I prefer my ? salty
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

My opinion is African Americans should look out for themselves. whats the point of being for illegal immigrants on a moral level but still remain generationally poor?

In congress, there's bound to be white supremacists whether explicitly or implicitly. I prefer my ? salty

So you're saying you want to be doing the same work as an illegal immigrant?

Or are you just full of ? ?
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    SneakDZA wrote: »

So you're saying you want to be doing the same work as an illegal immigrant?

Or are you just full of ? ?

Hotel workers, health care aids, farmers, construction restaurants, and yes even in Silicon Valley

So if the median African AMerican is worth 1,700 without the family car - everyone of these jobs are below them?

Black Americans are doing those jobs and sometimes forced out by Hispanics or temp agencies that only want Spanish speaking workers
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When society told you black people were ugly but the tea is all other races wanna breed with us to help their ugly ass genes