'The Dark Tower’ (2017) - Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!

The first poster for Warner Bros. The Dark Tower is a stunner, giving off an Inception vibe mixed with a little Doctor Strange.

On it we see the back of Idris Elba as Gunslinger Roland Deschain, who roams an Old West-like landscape in search of the dark tower, in the hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world. He’s accompanied by Jake Chambers (Tom Taylor), with Matthew McConaughey playing the Man in Black.

The film is not a direct adaptation of any of the books in the series from author Stephen King but is rather a continuation and semi-amalgamation of what’s already out there. It’s hinted that the film takes place towards the end of Deschain’s journey.

The film also stars Fran Kranz, Jackie Earle Haley, Abbey Lee, and Kathryn Winnick.

The Dark Tower, which was recently delayed to July 28, 2017, was directed by Nikolaj Arcel and produced by Akiva Goldman, Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, and Erica Hughes.

[img]https://i0.wp.com/? -disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/dark_tower_xlg.jpg?resize=724%2C1024[/img]

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could either end up being a nice surprise or a complete disaster. No middle groundm
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Would have like a TV series of this. Either way I'm glad Idris Elba is headlining a summer blockbuster film... I'm just hoping it's good.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yoooo
    I got a bunch of the graphic novels
    Hearing there's gonna be a movie my first thought was i hope it isnt like the books where it doesnt seem to end
    But hearing idris is the star and that its towards the end of the journey
    I'm optimistic about this
    Roland is the man and there will be white tears about this
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooooooo........ill guess ill be the one to ask it........is this another batman movie?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • Broddie
    edited May 2017
    As a fan of the books it looks pretty bad at points for everything else that looks legit. Guess I'll pass and wait till it hits cable.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • godoffun
    godoffun Members Posts: 203 ✭✭
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Would have like a TV series of this. Either way I'm glad Idris Elba is headlining a summer blockbuster film... I'm just hoping it's good.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got to finish all these ? before august

Sheeeesh.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish McConaughey had a different look and personality to the character. He looks and acts like the character he plays in his Romantic Comedies.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »
    Wish McConaughey had a different look and personality to the character. He looks and acts like the character he plays in his Romantic Comedies.

Still hype as ? !
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to completely divorce myself from the books before seeing this. Dope trailer for what could be a dope movie but it's so far removed from the books from what I can see. I knew the actual series would never be made into movies, outside of the far off chance that some anime company took up the task, so I'll take what I can get and try to judge it on its own merits.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 Of The Best Actors Of Their Generation (Brit & English) And King Is Co-Singing...So I'm Definitely Wit It
  • Broddie
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    And King Is Co-Singing...

That's not the greatest endorsement though. He has co-signed a lot of garbage adaptations in the past.
  • sapp08_2001
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    I'll have to completely divorce myself from the books before seeing this. Dope trailer for what could be a dope movie but it's so far removed from the books from what I can see. I knew the actual series would never be made into movies, outside of the far off chance that some anime company took up the task, so I'll take what I can get and try to judge it on its own merits.

Muthafucka watch the movie first then you can give this opinion. Smh. Yall ? soundin like IGN in here
  • Broddie
    edited May 2017

Muthafucka watch the movie first then you can give this opinion. Smh. Yall ? soundin like IGN in here

The trailer looks absolutely nothing like the books. It's understandable why fans of the book would even second guess spending money on this or viewing it as a companion piece. Quit catching feelings. People in here have complained about more minute ? and that poster is still open minded about seeing what this is on it's own terms.
  • sapp08_2001
    Broddie wrote: »

The trailer looks absolutely nothing like the books. It's understandable why fans of the book would even second guess spending money on this or viewing it as a companion piece. Quit catching feelings. People in here have complained about more minute ? and that poster is still open minded about seeing what this is on it's own terms.

Not catchin feelings but how can u judge an entire film by only a couple minutes of a trailer? I tell ya some of yall are too quick to criticize the ? and then wanna switch tones when the movie drops and its dope. Be patient. See the film then talk.
  • Broddie

Not catchin feelings but how can u judge an entire film by only a couple minutes of a trailer? I tell ya some of yall are too quick to criticize the ? and then wanna switch tones when the movie drops and its dope. Be patient. See the film then talk.

A trailer sells what the movie is. It informs a potential audience member enough to know whether they want to spend money on it or not. So that argument never really holds water.
  • sapp08_2001

A trailer sells what the movie is. It informs a potential audience member enough to know whether they want to spend money on it or not. So that argument never really holds water.

Thats different. You cannot critique a film based off a trailer. Only valid point you can state is the trailer was wack so im not seeing it. Thats all.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

This guy gets it.

Thats different. You cannot critique a film based off a trailer. Only valid point you can state is the trailer was wack so im not seeing it. Thats all.

So dismissing a movie off of the opinion that "the trailer was wack" is ok but making the observation that, from the trailer, this movie looks nothing like the books isn't? That's deep.
  • sapp08_2001

This guy gets it.

So dismissing a movie off of the opinion that "the trailer was wack" is ok but making the observation that, from the trailer, this movie looks nothing like the books isn't? That's deep.

Yes. How is it with all the books dark tower has that u can critique the film without seeing it? Thats alot of material to cover.