Faux News Fires Comptroller Over Racist Comments and Behavior Directed @ Black Employees...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-fires-comptroller-judy-slater-racist-comments/
Fox News Fires Comptroller Judy Slater, Accuses Her of Racist Comments and Behavior (Exclusive)

Fox News has fired longtime comptroller Judy Slater after an internal investigation concluded she had engaged in a pattern of racist comments and behavior, TheWrap has learned.

Slater, who is white and has worked at Fox for 19 years, was accused of asking one African-American employee if all three of her children were fathered by the same man, according to an individual familiar with the matter.

She also referred to African American women as “sista” and stereotyped African American employees’ speech, openly complaining that they mispronounced words, the individual said.

In another incident, she responded to a good-night message from two African-American employees who stopped by her office by raising her hands in a “Hands up, don’t shoot” gesture, a slogan associated with the Black Lives Matter movement, the source said. On another occasion, Slater was also accused of throwing a rolled-up paper ball at one employee’s head.

Once employees came forward with complaints, Fox News newly hired Executive Vice President of Human Resources Kevin Lord oversaw a swift investigation that resulted in Slater’s termination.

When asked for comment, a Fox News spokesperson said, “We take any complaint of this nature very seriously and took the appropriate action in investigating and firing Ms. Slater within two weeks of this being brought to our attention. There is no place for abhorrent behavior like this at Fox News.”

Attempts to reach Slater for comment were unsuccessful. She oversaw payroll and accounts receivable and payable for the two Fox-owned cable news networks.

The employees came forward with their complaints after the network started company-mandated sensitivity training in the wake of last summer’s very public ouster of Fox News founder and CEO Roger Ailes over accusations of sexual harassment by anchor Gretchen Carlson and other female employees.

In addition to the above examples, Slater was accused of demeaning and mocking several African-American employees for their pronunciation of words like “mother,” “father,” “month,” and “ask.” According to an individual familiar with the investigation, she said the employee’s “people” — “blacks” — say “muva,” “fava,” “monf,” and “axe.”

In another instance, she wrote down these words and asked the African-American employees to say them aloud, the individual said.

Apparently Faux News is no longer tolerating verbal racism against black employees.. Now if she would've had brought a gun to work and pulled it on somebody black for "show".. She would've kept her job like Sean "Ku Klux" Hannity...

Comments

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats light....ive heard of stories where cacs have treated minorities on the job much worse

but im glad she lost her job
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who even putting up with this in modern times? I would have filed a complaint, told them I have my lawyer on standby and checked that ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who even putting up with this in modern times? I would have filed a complaint, told them I have my lawyer on standby and checked that ? .

Thats whiter than a faux news opinion poll
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sacrificial lamb. Women are lower in the pecking order.

They get to say "we have zero tolerance for racism at ? News".
    Who even putting up with this in modern times?

Battered ?

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a word for her to say ... unemployed
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Scapegoat firing. Damage control.

Hannity aimed a ? gun at a black fox reporter and still has his job...

U cant read fam.....she was fired as a result of complaints from african americans......the homie who got the gun in his face seems ok with it
  • VulcanRaven
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Thats whiter than a faux news opinion poll

Damn right. Use that ? against them
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have ran into plenty of white people that can't pronounce words right...

alot of ? is regional an nothing about race.

white people around Boston say kah instead of car
    some white people say dower instead of dollar

? ? was on her high horse
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peak caucacity
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Scapegoat firing. Damage control.

Hannity aimed a ? gun at a black fox reporter and still has his job...

U cant read fam.....she was fired as a result of complaints from african americans......the homie who got the gun in his face seems ok with it
    Wtf. So what?

The ? reaction to having a gun aimed at him has Nothing to do with it.. dude shouldve been fired by fox news, period
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , just wait to mexicans start doin that ? since they already outnumbered us, they want to team up with honkies so bad.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Typical saltine snide.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • R0mp
    Options

The stereotypical 'white girl voice' is one of the most annoying sounds on this planet.
  • PureYang
    PureYang Members Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

The stereotypical 'white girl voice' is one of the most annoying sounds on this planet.

I live where it came from... U have no idea loo
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    thats light....ive heard of stories where cacs have treated minorities on the job much worse

but im glad she lost her job

i laughed at "accused of throwing a rolled-up paper ball at one employee’s head" come on now smh
  • R0mp
    Options
    gibor wrote: »
    R0mp wrote: »

I live where it came from... U have no idea loo

My condolences.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be sober, be vigilant. .
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf is good night message? type ? she had these employees on
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-fires-comptroller-judy-slater-racist-comments/

In addition to the above examples, Slater was accused of demeaning and mocking several African-American employees for their pronunciation of words like “mother,” “father,” “month,” and “ask.” According to an individual familiar with the investigation, she said the employee’s “people” — “blacks” — say “muva,” “fava,” “monf,” and “axe.”

yea I laughed at this ? tho
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/business/media/fox-news-racial-discrimination-lawsuit-slater.html?_r=1
    2 Black Women Sue Fox News, Claiming Racial Discrimination

Fox News, whose chairman, Roger Ailes, was ousted last year after a string of sexual harassment claims, is facing new allegations of discrimination.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday night in State Supreme Court in the Bronx, two black women said they were subjected to “top-down racial harassment” in the Fox News payroll department by Judith Slater, the company’s longtime comptroller.

The women — Tichaona Brown, a payroll manager, and Tabrese Wright, a payroll coordinator — accused Ms. Slater of making numerous racially charged comments, including suggestions that black men were “women beaters” and that black people wanted to physically harm white people.

They also said that Ms. Slater claimed that black employees mispronounced words, such as “mother,” “father,” “month” and “ask,” and that she urged Ms. Brown to say those words aloud in a meeting. Ms. Wright said Ms. Slater once asked if her three children were all “fathered by the same man.”

“We are confident that the good men and women of the Bronx will hold Fox accountable for what we believe to be its abhorrent racist conduct, reminiscent of the Jim Crow era,” the plaintiffs’ lawyers, Douglas H. Wigdor and Jeanne Christensen of the Wigdor law firm, said in a statement. The firm also represents two employees of The New York Times in a pending federal lawsuit against The Times, alleging age, race and gender discrimination.

Ms. Brown and Ms. Wright are suing Ms. Slater, Fox News and its parent company, 21st Century Fox, claiming that Ms. Slater’s superiors did little to address her behavior, which created a hostile work environment that resulted in “severe and pervasive discrimination and harassment.”

Ms. Wright, who joined Fox in mid-2014 and had spoken up about Ms. Slater’s behavior, was transferred out of the payroll department on Monday, a move the lawsuit described as a demotion. The company described it as a lateral move. While the suit contends that Ms. Brown, who joined Fox in late 2008, was fired on Monday, the company said on Tuesday night that she remained employed. Both women declined a Fox settlement offer, according to the suit

The company said on Tuesday night that it took immediate action after learning about the allegations against Ms. Slater and fired her on Feb. 28.

“We take complaints of this nature very seriously and took prompt and effective remedial action before Ms. Brown and Ms. Wright sued in court and even before Ms. Wright complained through her lawyer,” the company said in a statement. “There is no place for inappropriate verbal remarks like this at Fox News. We are disappointed that this needless litigation has been filed.”

Fox News did not provide contact information for Ms. Slater, and it was not clear if she had retained legal counsel.

The suit also includes allegations that Ms. Slater made disparaging comments about Ms. Wright’s hair and credit score. She and Ms. Brown said Ms. Slater had mocked the Black Lives Matter movement and referred to their majority-black department as the “urban” or “Southern” payroll department.

The lawsuit included the names of four other black employees who it said left or were forced out and cited similar accusations of discrimination.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    They need to start taking all the assets of these organizations and giving them to their victims. Any company who is found guilty of repeated harassment pr discrimination should lose everything they own. Fox should have been out of business years ago.