Those Who Are Single or w/o Kids, How Do You Respond to Pressures to Get Married or Have Children?

Options
2»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    1. I'm married, keep up William..guess I'm more of a woman now, huh?
    2. You got a feelings because despite seeming to be cool with your own choice in a life of solitude, you always gotta come for those that don't, who may also be genuinely cool in their choice. Avoiding women and children certainly hasn't saved you from any cynicism and bitterness. Not a good look.

How is find a self actualized not involving raising another mans kid cynical?

If u give ur passions away by marrying a woman with kids cause ur scared of being alone, u are a ? .

That's an opinion based on your own assumptions though. Maybe they actually care for the person..I know that may be hard for you to believe.

I can care for someone and not marry them. Hell I can be BFF with a gal and no sex or nothing and take their kid fishing every now and then but I ain't ever gonna play daddy to a kid that ain't mine.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I'm married, keep up William..guess I'm more of a woman now, huh?
    2. You got a feelings because despite seeming to be cool with your own choice in a life of solitude, you always gotta come for those that don't, who may also be genuinely cool in their choice. Avoiding women and children certainly hasn't saved you from any cynicism and bitterness. Not a good look.

How is find a self actualized not involving raising another mans kid cynical?

If u give ur passions away by marrying a woman with kids cause ur scared of being alone, u are a ? .

That's an opinion based on your own assumptions though. Maybe they actually care for the person..I know that may be hard for you to believe.

I can care for someone and not marry them. Hell I can be BFF with a gal and no sex or nothing and take their kid fishing every now and then but I ain't ever gonna play daddy to a kid that ain't mine.

Okay that's cool...that's your right.

To assume that all your boys are selling out and are ? who settle because they've chosen something different is lame though.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually i dont respond lol. My mom is always talking to me about settling down with someone and starting a family and buying my own place, but I still got a lot of stuff i need to work on for myself before i worry about anyone else.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I ask their ? if they're going to babysit while I'm working crazy hours, or if I can get a honeymoon paid for first. They usually shut up after that.
  • mrtdb
    mrtdb Members Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turn on my PlayStation and play 2k
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be honest, I don't get that much pressure to pop a kid out. My own mom even tells me don't have any kids until I am married and make sure you are secure before having them. My boss says that no matter what you will never feel 100% ready but I want to get to the point that I feel like I am very established (house,car, good job) because I want my kid to have it better than me.
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I simply tell them, "When the time is right," and leave it at that. My fiancee and i may never have kids, but it is ultimately our decision to make. A life spent trying to fulfill the expectations of others is a life unfulfilled. Besides, it can be argued that both positions (kids vs no kids) are selfish.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Nobody's ever said anything to me about it honestly

Because ur like me gabi, they know trying to set u up is a lost cause.

That's probly true B)
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody's ever said anything to me about it honestly

cuz you cool as ? Gabi....an you got big legs so they not trynna get kicked in the ass
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i swear some of ya'll be overcompensating like a mf

• Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i swear some of ya'll be overcompensating like a mf

Name names ? . U stay shooting and hidin ya hands!