Rachel Dolezal: ‘I Don’t Identify as African American, I Identify as Black.’…

2»

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone else having trouble viewing pics?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to stop givin this woman attention.. she is clearly mentally ? up in the game. She getting more air time for thinking she black.. than actual black women she is profiting off this silly notion.. Shes like a grown ass "cash me outside girl stupidity" shouldnt be rewarded
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    ms.jones wrote: »
    *sigh*

If only I could parade around like a white woman, with all its perks, glory and benefits. If only I could decide one day that race and the culture within it is merely a social construct.. That the intersectionality of being a black woman is something that can be learned and not born into....

This ? .

I hate these ? ass feminist/SJW terms...

That's not a term that applies just to feminism. It's an actual way of thinking that is pretty much a way of saying "You can pay attention to multiple issues at once" which is a concept many don't seem to get
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safe space is a ? term..that bubbleboy latte sippin ? .. CAC millenial garbage
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to stop givin this woman attention.. she is clearly mentally ? up in the game. She getting more air time for thinking she black.. than actual black women she is profiting off this silly notion.. Shes like a grown ass "cash me outside girl stupidity" shouldnt be rewarded

Speaking of, I read that cash me outside just signed a deal for a reality show. ? is disgusting.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    If people can be born as a man/woman but identify themselves as the opposite sex, and people accept it, then what's the difference with her identifying as a black woman? The precedent has been set.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5th Letter wrote: »
    If people can be born as a man/woman but identify themselves as the opposite sex, and people accept it, then what's the difference with her identifying as a black woman? The precedent has been set.

I have got to agree. I don't have to like it personally but Pandora's box has been opened and the hinges broken.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Because to many that's tied to the brain chemistry differences between men and women because our brains are literally different. Transgender people and a white woman who wants to pretend to be black don't got ? to do with each other
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »
    why do people hate this broad so much ?
    Kat wrote: »
    If anything I feel sorry for her. She's not all there.

Do you feel the same way about black women who keep a weave in their head and insert foreign objects into their lips, ? , and ass, Katie. How about a ? freak? Is a ? freak "all there," or do you by into the ? theory that ? freaks aren't mentally ill?

Personally, I think that a black women who keeps a weave in her head and ? freak both have issues like a muthafucka.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    fortyacres wrote: »
    why do people hate this broad so much ?
    Kat wrote: »
    If anything I feel sorry for her. She's not all there.

Do you feel the same way about black women who keep a weave in their head and insert foreign objects into their lips, ? , and ass, Katie. How about a ? freak? Is a ? freak "all there," or do you by into the ? theory that ? freaks aren't mentally ill?

Personally, I think that a black women who keeps a weave in her head and ? freak both have issues like a muthafucka.

I don't understand why you would single out black women as if they're the only women to participate in that behavior.

I think a woman's need to alter herself to fit the popular opinions idea of beauty does stem from a mental conditioning.

As for a transexual, clearly their mental works a bit differently than the average person.

We all have mental issues to some degree.

What's your point?
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this same as women identifying as men and men as women?
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    blackrain wrote: »
    *sigh*

If only I could parade around like a white woman, with all its perks, glory and benefits. If only I could decide one day that race and the culture within it is merely a social construct.. That the intersectionality of being a black woman is something that can be learned and not born into....

This ? .

That's not a term that applies just to feminism. It's an actual way of thinking that is pretty much a way of saying "You can pay attention to multiple issues at once" which is a concept many don't seem to get

Yeah he tried to be different and sounded dumb as ?
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a dingbat
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

This ? .

Alot of you ? do tho. That ain't another ? hair on ya headtop...look at your ? avatar

Not today y'all...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    Some ? must have tore her out the frame back in the day for her to want to identify as a black woman. How do you go from this
    298E484E00000578-3125009-Rachel_Dolezal-m-46_1434386211248.jpg

To this?
    298E480200000578-3127521-image-a-63_1434514752453.jpg

No ? but BBC is really the only explanation.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imma need a full body pic of said sist..uh this white woman
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    blackrain wrote: »

Because to many that's tied to the brain chemistry differences between men and women because our brains are literally different. Transgender people and a white woman who wants to pretend to be black don't got ? to do with each other

Please explain "the difference".
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

This ? .

intersectionality is the study of intersections between forms or systems of oppression, ? or discrimination....

but yes one of it's purposes is to bring light to how racial and gender discrimination overlap

as my grandma always says we usually "hate what we fear or don't know or understand"

so please educate yourself

below is a good starting point

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-theory/wp/2015/09/24/why-intersectionality-cant-wait/?utm_term=.a61d8e55f688

Today, nearly three decades after I first put a name to the concept, the term seems to be everywhere. But if women and girls of color continue to be left in the shadows, something vital to the understanding of intersectionality has been lost.

In 1976, Emma DeGraffenreid and several other black women sued General Motors for discrimination, arguing that the company segregated its workforce by race and gender: Blacks did one set of jobs and whites did another. According to the plaintiffs’ experiences, women were welcome to apply for some jobs, while only men were suitable for others. This was of course a problem in and of itself, but for black women the consequences were compounded. You see, the black jobs were men’s jobs, and the women’s jobs were only for whites. Thus, while a black applicant might get hired to work on the floor of the factory if he were male; if she were a black female she would not be considered. Similarly, a woman might be hired as a secretary if she were white, but wouldn’t have a chance at that job if she were black. Neither the black jobs nor the women’s jobs were appropriate for black women, since they were neither male nor white. Wasn’t this clearly discrimination, even if some blacks and some women were hired?

Unfortunately for DeGraffenreid and millions of other black women, the court dismissed their claims. Why? Because the court believed that black women should not be permitted to combine their race and gender claims into one. Because they could not prove that what happened to them was just like what happened to white women or black men, the discrimination that happened to these black women fell through the cracks.

It was in thinking about why such a “big miss” could have happened within the complex structure of anti-discrimination law that the term “intersectionality” was born. As a young law professor, I wanted to define this profound invisibility in relation to the law. Racial and gender discrimination overlapped not only in the workplace but in other other arenas of life; equally significant, these burdens were almost completely absent from feminist and anti-racist advocacy. Intersectionality, then, was my attempt to make feminism, anti-racist activism, and anti-discrimination law do what I thought they should — highlight the multiple avenues through which racial and gender oppression were experienced so that the problems would be easier to discuss and understand.
    [

Intersectionality is an analytic sensibility, a way of thinking about identity and its relationship to power. Originally articulated on behalf of black women, the term brought to light the invisibility of many constituents within groups that claim them as members, but often fail to represent them. Intersectional erasures are not exclusive to black women. People of color within LGBTQ movements; girls of color in the fight against the school-to-prison pipeline; women within immigration movements; trans women within feminist movements; and people with disabilities fighting police abuse — all face vulnerabilities that reflect the intersections of racism, sexism, class oppression, transphobia, able-ism and more. Intersectionality has given many advocates a way to frame their circumstances and to fight for their visibility and inclusion.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's baaaaackkk
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looking good in that blue dress. Full video, pics?