Welfare, section 8, entitlements....let's talk about it...

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great discussion
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? in mad at ppl using the govement when the govement stay using us

I don't know or see any 6 figure kneegrows on public assistance, much less millionaires.

You want to know why its because that ain't how people with money use the government, people with real money abuse and find loopholes in tax laws, get grants, file bankruptcy to restructure and not pay bills, etc.

Ain't nobody getting ahead on that little $1,200 fixed income they get from the government and I'm being very generous with that $ amount.

BUT they still find ways to benefit off the government, so who are they to cast judgement on anyone? They just doing it at a higher level.

So we really going to compare millionaires figuring out ways to preserve and make more millions to people making pennies on the dollar literally.

I'm not casting judgement on anyone but single parent households, to many low income people living in small concentrated areas, crime, and little opportunity plague Black neighborhoods which is all a by product of this I do take issue with that.

If the government was giving Blacks and Black small business owners land grants and tax breaks I'd have no issue with that, but they know that's power in that so they dont do ish like that.

Rule Number #40 in the 48 Laws of Power

40. Despise the Free Lunch

What is offered for free is dangerous – it usually involves either a trick or a hidden obligation. What has worth is worth paying for. By paying your own way you stay clear of gratitude, guilt, and deceit. It is also often wise to pay the full price – there is no cutting corners with excellence. Be lavish with your money and keep it circulating, for generosity is a sign and a magnet for power.

"What is offered for free or at bargain rates often comes with a psychological price tag"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    @deadeye

Since when is unemployment benefits considered government assistance? MFer you paid into that to insure your ass should you find yourself laid off.

I don't consider unemployment to be welfare..at all.

You really think someone who works at a resort for 4 months pays in enough to cover their unemployment for the remaining 8 months?

Get real, unemployment can be used to game the system like anything else.

How much you get and how long depends on your individual circumstances. If you been working long enough you will get the maximum time and amount.

It can be manipulated, as can anything. I knew I had six months so I rode that ? out for six months.

Slow clap for being a drag on society.

Again, I pay in and I'll take as well.

I see you still mad though, stay mad Mr. Bitter Britches.

The only people who "pay in" enough to make 6 months of unemployment good enough to ride out are the people who work year round. PERIOD.

MFer, I DO work year round! Tf?

You're not even making sense right now.

Edit - Oh I think I see what you mean. My boo makes good money. That was just play money for me.

You're just jealous. Weren't you on food stamps at one point? As a single white male?

Like I said, people who work full time paid for you play money. Cut it any way you want but that's a drag on society, especially since you already get resources from someone else.

lolol at the walking stereotype bringing up skin color tho
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    @deadeye

Since when is unemployment benefits considered government assistance? MFer you paid into that to insure your ass should you find yourself laid off.

You really think someone who works at a resort for 4 months pays in enough to cover their unemployment for the remaining 8 months?

How much you get and how long depends on your individual circumstances. If you been working long enough you will get the maximum time and amount.

It can be manipulated, as can anything. I knew I had six months so I rode that ? out for six months.

The only people who "pay in" enough to make 6 months of unemployment good enough to ride out are the people who work year round. PERIOD.

Edit - Oh I think I see what you mean. My boo makes good money. That was just play money for me.

You're just jealous. Weren't you on food stamps at one point? As a single white male?

Like I said, people who work full time paid for you play money. Cut it any way you want but that's a drag on society, especially since you already get resources from someone else.

Kat gets racial when she doesn't have an argument
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not entitlement, it's just giving a little, and to some people with nothing it seems like a lot. Yeah, they get food stamps but live in a food "desert", little to no rent, but most live in the hoods, and the ones that don't they only allow a few of them to live in a nice area at a time, and they get that little funky tax check every year. But more than anything they are controlled by the gov't
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @deadeye

I noticed you didn't answer my question though.

Other people did not pay for MY unemployment benefits. I paid for my own unemployment by working consistently for a long period of time. When I found myself laid off, it's that contribution that qualified me for benefits. The maximum allotment. So yeah, I did use it to my advantage. Sorry not sorry.

I don't understand how you don't get that.
  • Kat
    edited March 2017
    @deadeye

It was a simple question. I mean if a single white male can't make it without a little assistance, who can?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gov't will tax your unemployment benefits too, I learned the hard way
  • Kat

They sure as hell will..either along the way or on the back end. They always get their cut..which is why I don't feel any shame.
  • Elzo69Renaissance

They sure as hell will..either along the way or on the back end. They always get their cut..which is why I don't feel any shame.

Shame about what?
  • Kat
    For whatever William is in here trying to shame me over.
  • Will Munny
    @deadeye

It was a simple question. I mean if a single white male can't make it without a little assistance, who can?

Do you really lack the creativity to come up with any kind of scenario where a white person may need food stamps for a short period of time?
  • Kat
    @deadeye

Do you really lack the creativity to come up with any kind of scenario where a white person may need food stamps for a short period of time?

No, actually I don't..clearly you needed a reminder. You aint above ? so ? .
  • Will Munny
    edited March 2017
    @deadeye

No, actually I don't..clearly you needed a reminder. You aint above ? so ? .

Short term EBT =/= 6 months of unemployment while being supported by someone else.

But u give me hope Kat, if a single white female with a kid already can get saved, I can too.
  • Kat
    Okay you got it Will..justify your own situation while judging another in the same breath. So ? typical.
  • Will Munny
    Okay you got it Will..justify your own situation while judging another in the same breath. So ? typical.

:kissing_wink:
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭

SimplyKrys wrote: »
    I wish I had S8 sometimes. It must be nice to have $50 rent.

Why don't you? So u can leave that immigration camp

I applied for housing but got denied. And what's wrong with immigrants?

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering all you told us about them, him, and your situation, everything. You're suffering from Stockholm syndrome and don't even know it.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    @deadeye

I don't know, Kat, I'm just letting you know I'm here wtf
  • SimplyKrys
    SimplyKrys Members Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Mastery wrote: »

Considering all you told us about them, him, and your situation, everything. You're suffering from Stockholm syndrome and don't even know it.

I don't have Stockholm syndrome. I could see if I were getting beat down on the regular but that's not the case.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ironing of all this for me is i used to live rent free in an apartment, get a 50 dollar stipend a month to pay for water and electric and 200 dollars in them stamps. a ? was living good. saying ? muthafuckas who work and saying ? them cause they was mad cause i was living off their dime. fast forward to now and its like ? them welfare queens and fairies. living off my hard earned dollar. get a job lazy muthafucka.........yet if i could i would go back to livin that life.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? in mad at ppl using the govement when the govement stay using us

I don't know or see any 6 figure kneegrows on public assistance, much less millionaires.

You want to know why its because that ain't how people with money use the government, people with real money abuse and find loopholes in tax laws, get grants, file bankruptcy to restructure and not pay bills, etc.

Ain't nobody getting ahead on that little $1,200 fixed income they get from the government and I'm being very generous with that $ amount.

BUT they still find ways to benefit off the government, so who are they to cast judgement on anyone? They just doing it at a higher level.

So we really going to compare millionaires figuring out ways to preserve and make more millions to people making pennies on the dollar literally

I'm not casting judgement on anyone but single parent households, to many low income people living in small concentrated areas, crime, and little opportunity plague Black neighborhoods which is all a by product of this I do take issue with that.

If the government was giving Blacks and Black small business owners land grants and tax breaks I'd have no issue with that, but they know that's power in that so they dont do ish like that.

Rule Number #40 in the 48 Laws of Power

40. Despise the Free Lunch

What is offered for free is dangerous – it usually involves either a trick or a hidden obligation. What has worth is worth paying for. By paying your own way you stay clear of gratitude, guilt, and deceit. It is also often wise to pay the full price – there is no cutting corners with excellence. Be lavish with your money and keep it circulating, for generosity is a sign and a magnet for power.

more white ppl are on welfare, so this idea that the poverty, crime, single parent households that have plagued black communities for decades and decades is the byproduct of government "handouts" is short sighted and not supported by any substantial evidence

you'd think we would see a spike in the birth rate that corresponds with growth in welfare spending, but that is not the case

most ppl on assistance work. most ppl who apply for benefits do so after losing their jobs or medical emergencies

and with most assistance programs, they will cut you off after 5 years....not to mention section 8 is not guaranteed

what we see today in our communities is the result of 100 plus yrs of job and housing discrimination; and a biased criminal justice system

yes some ppl do abuse the system but I've known just as many ppl who have used government assistance to better their situations. and only a very small percentage of ppl

also this idea that welfare is some "free lunch" is misleading and not true

i can agree just giving people money or food without giving them the tools and support to be successful is counterproductive. but to cut the social safety net is not the answer either. fact is there will always be poor and low income ppl. unless you are ok with people going hungry or homeless

• Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once knew this chick at an old job who gave up her full time position to part time so she can keep her section 8 even though she was basically next in line for promotion/raise.

That ? was sad af to me.
  • Elzo69Renaissance