What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Is Nas still a top 5 rapper right now?

soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval CommandHOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in The Reason
Rap ain't like basketball where even the greats fall off due to old age.

With all the talk about Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, etc., is Nas at the age of 43 still a top 5 rapper still breathing? If not, who is better?
do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
Wiggars

I'm too militant
For you shithead crakkka hoes
I hope you all die

Is Nas still a top 5 rapper right now? 38 votes

Yes
89%
dalyricalbanditsouthsil4lildwade206sapp08_2001chompolletTrillaaaaaarip.dillapower_wisdomnex ginachewon87qawshungman82Stewmetal face terroristilledoutIceBergTaylorCJillestni99ainneIdiopathic JokerCabana_Da_Don 34 votes
No
10%
esco sopranoCapitalBsaracenwireIntelligent_Hoodlum 4 votes
southsil4lil

Replies

• soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I'm not talking about Illmatic Nas or Ether Nas.

I'm talking about Nas in 2017.
    do you understand what im getting at?? WHAT WHITE PPL THINK, AND WHAT THEY DEFINE THINGS AS IS NOT THE STANDARD YOU SHOULD BE GOING BY. That is of course, if you are not mentally defeated by the complex of white supremacy, where everything whites do is the "right" way, where having straight hair and lightskin is "beautiful" but dark skin and nappy hair is "ugly"
    You're doing it wrong. You take one and really fuck them up; make an example to the other kids. Like grab the small bitch and gouge her eyes out with your thumbs. Then curb stomp her.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    I hope you all die
  • TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Than the question isnt "top 5 alive" u askin "top 5 at the moment"
    power_wisdomChi Snow
  • soul rattlersoul rattler Chief Petty Officer of the Ill Community Naval Command HOOYAHPosts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »

Than the question isnt "top 5 alive" u askin "top 5 at the moment"

Good point.
    Wiggars

I'm too militant
    I hope you all die
  • southsil4lilsouthsil4lil Short TexasPosts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mods close this shit
    CJJokerzWyldrip.dillaTsotsi Cape Town
  • StillFaggyAFStillFaggyAF Queer LGBT CommunityPosts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 10

LvbxPzB.gif

tumblr_nhmcjbdFri1snb2l4o5_r1_500.gif
    full?d=1430459989

• TheGOATTheGOAT El Coyote unknownPosts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nas only dropped 1 verse in 2017

So no hes not top 5 2017.

He needa drop that album and grab that top spot
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,682 Regulator
    Yes
    As long as Nas is alive, he ain't wack
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
    Revolver Ocelotnex ginonetoughmiracleTsotsi Cape Town
  • bck145bck145 East CoastPosts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ppl were going overboard talking about how good rick Ross discography is.....everytime him and nas are on a track together....nas makes him look like amateur hour so I'd say if ppl overrate ross as one of the best right now..hes still not even close to nas
    tumblr_mytyfn0M711s559c9o1_500.gif

#unfukwitable
    onetoughmiracle
  • Soloman_The_WiseSoloman_The_Wise The Make It Happen Man... Puget SoundPosts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Given the playing field easily look at his competition and his most recent works compared to them it is a easy yes...
    The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows another way...

Originally Posted by south4life

"I'm not a drug dealer but, I'm cool with alot of street niggas...
    cause they respect the fact that I'm real with them, I'm not trying to be something I ain't.
    I'm cool with alot of street niggas here too cause, I come off as just being me and when I see them I holla and keep it moving. That's what's wrong with everybody now, they make being a gangsta or thug as the benchmark of being real. U know what's real, a nigga working a 9 to 5, busting his ass everyday without having to break a law."

The world Don't Understand Me, We are Living in Insanity, When I speak Profanity, It helps me Feed My Family, They Try and Banish Me, Because they Fear what I say, Spit Knowledge to the youth, Truth shows a better way...

I do not hate White People, Hell I regularly enjoy many White Women intimately, But I cannot stand Wiggers, RedNecks, or any Fag White Boys that do not Know there Place in shit...
    soul rattler
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know when the album drops
    AZTG
  • Midwest_Journalist Midwest_Journalist Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    For me ... Yes. He's No. 2 on my list

Is this a question for people who think Drake and Future are good rappers?
    KC-Royals-World-Champions-logo.jpg
    ltc513h60qiq.jpg
    wf3kcijf8o0k.jpg
    numbaz...80's baby
  • power_wisdompower_wisdom Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The question not top 5 artists to drop an album this year. If Floyd Mayweather doesn't fight this year does that mean he's not top 5 right now?
  • its....JOHN Bits....JOHN B Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question not top 5 artists to drop an album this year. If Floyd Mayweather doesn't fight this year does that mean he's not top 5 right now?

The question is "right now" is he top 5, how the fuck am I supposed to know that?
  • qawshunqawshun Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Based on the 6 songs from last year, the Ross verse. I'd say his bar game is healthy.
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
    ListencloserCJChi SnowTsotsi Cape Town
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes
    Even if you go by sales, LIG numbers was higher than a lot of radio pop acts. He won't put up Drake, Cole or Kendrick numbers like Jay Z could but I bet he will do Big Sean numbers.
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
    JokerzWyld
  • AZTGAZTG Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know when the album drops

This here. How you gonna ask how son is "now" when he aint drop an album in years?
  • R2_163R2_163 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we'll see when the album drops

I'll say this though, put him on a track with any of the top guys right now, he'd do pretty damn good
    2lw6u74.jpg
  • ListencloserListencloser Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only person slaying features harder than Nas these past two years is 3k.
    The Greatest Rapper Alive
    Damn
    No Dope on Sundays
    The Saga Continues
    4:44
    Wins & Losses
    I Really Rap
    Drogas Light
    All Amerikkkan Bada$$
    The Wild
  • power_wisdompower_wisdom Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

The question is "right now" is he top 5, how the fuck am I supposed to know that?

Best now implies every thing you did in the beginning up to this point. So if everything Nas did up to now is better that what rappers are doing now, and he still a recording artist, and his last album was dope, I would say yes.
  • rip.dillarip.dilla ... push up the fader... bust the meter... shake the tweeter Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've never in my years as a NaS fan heard a wack or miserable line, bar or verse. Ever.

Some of his subject matter/lyrical content might be questionable or incorrect depending on what he raps about. But his flow and lyricism still impeccable 20 years plus. His ability to tell stories in his rhymes is still top notch. Still killing guest features...

And yes. He's Top 5 to me in 2017. DOA.
    ... always immediately go for my boobs ... She feelin me up like "are those your nipples?" I'm like "don't touch there. my money is there." So she's running my hips and thighs ...

Westie wrote: »
    Lol what is cunting?

Lol i like it. I am cunting.

Soloman_The_Wise
  • sapp08_2001sapp08_2001 #Sawse San DiegoPosts: 7,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nas would body all these newbies with one track