This looks pretty damn cool
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo dude is a good ass actor imo
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, that's what's up! So excited we have so many different genres of black movies getting exposure. I've been begging for this ? to happen for so long. Hope it's not a fad like it's been in the past.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll purchase a ticket
    Give it a chance
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Seen it. Started off a lot stronger than it finished. Acting aside from the main character was doo doo. Directing subpar, editing subpar. Dialogue good in spots but WTF bad in others. Like, "how did that get past the table read?" bad. Movie felt low budget than a ? , which it was.

Good concept though and all you IC ? should watch it to support the black cast. Homie in the lead has potential as next big thing in the black acting community.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speaking of Chronicle where the ? is the sequel.. and yeah im checkin for this
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen it. Started off a lot stronger than it finished. Acting aside from the main character was doo doo. Directing subpar, editing subpar. Dialogue good in spots but WTF bad in others. Like, "how did that get past the table read?" bad. Movie felt low budget than a ? , which it was.

Good concept though and all you IC ? should watch it to support the black cast. Homie in the lead has potential as next big thing in the black acting community.

Well this makes me not want to see it now.

@sdotcarter111 how u see it so early anyway?
  • sdotcarter111
    Options
    I wouldn't tell anybody to pay for it, but its still worth a stream or download. And it never hurts to support young up and coming black actors, so if you see it at a theater there's some good to come out.

The director is an alum of my grad school, so he did an early screening for us. He showed the movie and did a Q&A, which is how I know it was low budget and shot in like two weeks.

The movie starts out dope and there are good elements. But too many bad elements to make up for it. It was like watching a good student film. I was honestly shocked when I found out this was going to be a real theater release.
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    If its really not that good but its getting put out and promoted heavy during TNT playoff games... Prolly because the success of Get Out.

They say in the ads that its, "from the Producer of Get Out"

But i looked it up and there were actually 4 different producers for Get Out & 3 different production companies.

But since Get Out did so well they must be banking on the same crowds coming out for this.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    This on kodi?

Opens in theater next week
  • sdotcarter111
    edited April 2017
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    If its really not that good but its getting put out and promoted heavy during TNT playoff games... Prolly because the success of Get Out.

But i looked it up and there were actually 4 different producers for Get Out & 3 different production companies.

But since Get Out did so well they must be banking on the same crowds coming out for this.

The Get Out "producer" was there too. He was superficially involved and trust me my ? , its a lot easier than you think to get a producing credit on a film...

But the success of the movie, the loose affiliation the "producer" has with Get Out, and the related momentum of films with young black leads in Hollywood (due to Get Out and Moonlight mainly) is the main reason Sleight is being gassed.

Like I said though, the lead actor is good and charismatic. Regardless of how the movie does or its reception, he's gonna be offered roles off this. And just because I thought it was mediocre/subpar doesn't mean y'all will. Go peep it. You might dig.

I will say the trailer is a little misleading. If you wanna know how/why, read the spoiler below. It won't spoil the movie or tell you what happens, but there's some misdirection going on. Technically its not even a spoiler, since the movie tells you 1/3 of the way through anyway. But whatever.
    The ? doesn't have any superpowers, or magic powers at all. He implants an electromagnet in his arm and charges it at night, then uses the magnet to do tricks during the day for money
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Get Out "producer" was there too. He was superficially involved and trust me my ? , its a lot easier than you think to get a producing credit on a film...

But the success of the movie, the loose affiliation the "producer" has with Get Out, and the related momentum of films with young black leads in Hollywood (due to Get Out and Moonlight mainly) is the main reason Sleight is being gassed.

Like I said though, the lead actor is good and charismatic. Regardless of how the movie does or its reception, he's gonna be offered roles off this. And just because I thought it was mediocre/subpar doesn't mean y'all will. Go peep it. You might dig.

I will say the trailer is a little misleading. If you wanna know how/why, read the spoiler below. It won't spoil the movie or tell you what happens, but there's some misdirection going on. Technically its not even a spoiler, since the movie tells you 1/3 of the way through anyway. But whatever.
    The ? doesn't have any superpowers, or magic powers at all. He implants an electromagnet in his arm and charges it at night, then uses the magnet to do tricks during the day for money

That's wack af
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    LOL

Oh man imma wait for the kodi stream now
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Nobody went to this?

Director J.D. Dillard’s New Movie ‘Sleight’ Was Built Off of J. Cole’s Song “No Role Modelz”
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/05/jd-dillard-sleight-interview-j-cole-no-role-modelz/
  • gns
    Options
    Movie ? me tf off
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Movie ? me tf off

Why? Drop it in a spoiler
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? looks wack
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta go see how much this movie made
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie ? me tf off

? i like it bruh

Dude was on sum reckless dumb ? for a second but that was part of it

Kinda reminded me of "Kicks"
  • gns
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Movie ? me tf off

Why? Drop it in a spoiler

? just ? me off mayne
    ? ? with gangsters then got surprised gangsta ? happened, no ? stupid ?
    Put his lil sis in harms way being a ? then turns into static shock at the end of the movie then they dont show the audience smh
    It started off cool enough tho

*edit*
    Oh yea spoiler alert
    Read above
  • TheGOAT
    Options
    Just watched

I dont get the ending