Feminist Now Trying to Come After King Kendrick!!!

Options
123457»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

I posted some critiques in the breakfast club thread

feminism needs to continue because we still live in a world that largely undermines and devalues women....

though spreading misinformation can be dangerous, the actions of these two women are not representative of the reasonable, knowledgeable feminists that are out here doing work

they had their stats wrong.... but women are more likely to be killed by an intimate partner than men ...and a significant number of young women, particularly blk women, have died at the hands of an intimate partner of the opposite sex...enough to the point where it needs to addressed

I don't believe its a race thing ...and where I differ with the ladies, is that domestic violence is as one sided as some make it seem

That's fair. I don't believe feminism needs to die even if I say that, but I do believe the reasonable feminists need to take a more prominent role in the delivery of the message. I'm sure you disagree with me, but just take from an outsider looking in, ya'll aren't being defined by your best representatives.
    just from reading ur posts it seems as though you only have a very basic understanding of feminism ... and then you ask what is the point of feminism as if the work is over

it also seems as though most of impressions of feminism comes from mainstream media sources and social media...I'd have a bad impression of feminism too if I believed every thing I read or seen on the internet were representative of most feminists

and i didn't really see too many commenters threatening to stop supporting his music

but yea when ppl are disappointed with the actions or words of someone, they sometimes will choose not to support that person, and usually don't have kind words for that person... not that that makes it right

and everything nowadays is deemed a "controversy." especially when a celebrity is involved. just more ? to get clicks and fill the 24 hr news cycle

Well, I'm not an expert on it or anything, and I try to only critique the aspects or points of it I'm familiar with. So, maybe my statements exceed the scope of my arguments sometimes. That's a fair critique I guess.

And I don't hang around a lot of feminists (as you could probably guess), so you're right most of my knowledge of how feminists behave come from public sources. Not so much social media, but documentaries, op eds, blogs, etc... I recognize those probably aren't the best sources, but I don't think they are bad sources either. That said, I suppose I'd have no way of knowing what proportion of feminists think in such extreme ways. I guess from now on I'll simply criticize bad points instead of always railing against feminists and feminism. That would be fairer and more reasonable.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17799112_890451687763416_8706626343920022722_n.jpg?oh=2c8ee8f728bd55a96a5a052a6dd3efb9&oe=59946EDF[/img]

Respect her agency man.
  • #jpp
    #jpp Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17799112_890451687763416_8706626343920022722_n.jpg?oh=2c8ee8f728bd55a96a5a052a6dd3efb9&oe=59946EDF[/img]

Only 2 dollars and 88 cents...

tenor.gif
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah feminism needs to die. But it won't. So essentially what has to happen is the state needs to collapse to a point where it can no longer artificially boost women.

If you ever get to a point again where it's small group tribalism where men have to aggressively compete with other men over resources you will see females fall all the way back.
    But if it ever gets to that point black people are gonna be decimated because black males in particular are raised to be servile and not raised to compete.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    Nah feminism needs to die. But it won't. So essentially what has to happen is the state needs to collapse to a point where it can no longer artificially boost women.

If you ever get to a point again where it's small group tribalism where men have to aggressively compete with other men over resources you will see females fall all the way back.
    But if it ever gets to that point black people are gonna be decimated because black males in particular are raised to be servile and not raised to compete.

Well society raisses black men to be servile so if society collapsed and we went back to small group tribalism, black males would probably become less servile and more competitive in the nature your alluding too
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Feminism was created by white women for the sole purpose of having a seat at the table of their white supremacist male counterparts. So any black woman that identifies with feminism is a suspected ? . You think those white supremacists females want y'all black ? getting the benefits that these white supremacists females are fighting for? But go ahead keep on being their lapdogs and spewing their talking points.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    plenty of black women praised those lyrics as well
    can't please everyone

Nope 5 ? ? on Twitter, take precedence over everyone else in society.
  • LordZuko
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »

Well society raisses black men to be servile so if society collapsed and we went back to small group tribalism, black males would probably become less servile and more competitive in the nature your alluding too

Black women raise black boys to servile.
    So when society collapses and returns small tribal units black people a whole will at disadvantage as we general do practice self sufficiency.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Feminism was created by white women for the sole purpose of having a seat at the table of their white supremacist male counterparts. So any black woman that identifies with feminism is a suspected ? . You think those white supremacists females want y'all black ? getting the benefits that these white supremacists females are fighting for? But go ahead keep on being their lapdogs and spewing their talking points.

Question should be where do u get ur talking points from lol

Women like Angela davis and assata shakur identify with feminism should they not be trusted?? should we discount their work as civil rights activist???
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

Women like Angela davis and assata shakur identify with feminism should they not be trusted?? should we discount their work as civil rights activist???

I don't know I just googled and I didn't see anything that said Assata Shakur was a feminist. But either way I specifically said SUSPECTED ? , if Angela Davis exhibited coonish behavior or thoughts (which I never seen) then she qualifies as one.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

8qmhoa540s65.gif

@Madame_CJSkywalker

1dlfiicbns7e.gif

nh
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Stanton were both vocally ? when it looked like the 15th Amendment was going to be ratified because it, theoretically, gave Black Men political power before it gave white women a voice in politics. Susan B. Anthony was quoted as saying “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the ? and not the woman.” as well as:

“What words can express her (the white woman’s) humiliation when, at the close of this long conflict, the government which she had served so faithfully held her unworthy of a voice in its councils, while it recognized as the political superiors of all the noble women of the nation the ? men just emerged from slavery, and not only totally illiterate, but also densely ignorant of every public question.”

and:

“The old anti-slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the ? last.”

Susan B Anthony very famously considered white women and, especially, herself above Black men and Black women in every way shape and form. She was racist to her core.

Elizabeth Stanton stated "We educated, virtuous white women are more worthy of the vote." when the question of the 15th amendment came up giving the vote and citizenship to Black Men. She claimed to be an abolitionist but only when it served her. As with Anthony, when it came time to give Black men the vote, their true colors showed through with ? like this:

"What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?"

Stanton fought for white, middle-class, protestant, propertied, educated women... Basically, she fought for women like herself.

And there's so much more where this comes from:

“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.” - Carrie Chapman Catt, founder of the League of Women Voters

“I do not want to see a ? man walk to the polls and vote on who should handle my tax money, while I myself cannot vote at all.” - Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton, first female Senator and last member of either house of Congress to be a slave owner.

Actually... Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton really said some ? up ? about Black men. Read all about it in Leon F. Litwack's "Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow". This lauded suffrage hero said that giving Black men the vote would lead to an increase in the ? of white women, called Black men "half-civilized gorillas" and advocated for the lynching of a thousand Black men a week in the south in order to protect white women.

You need to pick up a book.
  • LordZuko
    Options

Angela Davis was a is an agent.
    Why you think all these Panthers dead or locked up but she get a college professor ship.

Secondly everyone knows that black feminists are just useful idiots for white feminists. The only people don't know this are the useful idiots.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited April 2017
    Options

Why you think all these Panthers dead or locked up but she get a college professor ship.

Secondly everyone knows that black feminists are just useful idiots for white feminists. The only people don't know this are the useful idiots.

clearly not everybody know because there wouldnt be this problem would there...

• LordZuko
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

clearly not everybody know because there wouldnt be this problem would there...

Correction, people in the know know. Black feminists operate like black women church.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

lol

proof, beyond the fact that she landed teaching gigs at some liberal colleges

and there is a lot of former panthers, even some of the prominent members, who are alive and doing ok for themselves

were they all agents?

smh.....
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Options

Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Stanton were both vocally ? when it looked like the 15th Amendment was going to be ratified because it, theoretically, gave Black Men political power before it gave white women a voice in politics. Susan B. Anthony was quoted as saying “I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the ? and not the woman.” as well as:

“What words can express her (the white woman’s) humiliation when, at the close of this long conflict, the government which she had served so faithfully held her unworthy of a voice in its councils, while it recognized as the political superiors of all the noble women of the nation the ? men just emerged from slavery, and not only totally illiterate, but also densely ignorant of every public question.”

and:

“The old anti-slavery school says women must stand back and wait until the negroes shall be recognized. But we say, if you will not give the whole loaf of suffrage to the entire people, give it to the most intelligent first. If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the ? last.”

Susan B Anthony very famously considered white women and, especially, herself above Black men and Black women in every way shape and form. She was racist to her core.

Elizabeth Stanton stated "We educated, virtuous white women are more worthy of the vote." when the question of the 15th amendment came up giving the vote and citizenship to Black Men. She claimed to be an abolitionist but only when it served her. As with Anthony, when it came time to give Black men the vote, their true colors showed through with ? like this:

"What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?"

Stanton fought for white, middle-class, protestant, propertied, educated women... Basically, she fought for women like herself.

And there's so much more where this comes from:

“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.” - Carrie Chapman Catt, founder of the League of Women Voters

“I do not want to see a ? man walk to the polls and vote on who should handle my tax money, while I myself cannot vote at all.” - Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton, first female Senator and last member of either house of Congress to be a slave owner.

Actually... Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton really said some ? up ? about Black men. Read all about it in Leon F. Litwack's "Trouble in Mind: Black Southerners in the Age of Jim Crow". This lauded suffrage hero said that giving Black men the vote would lead to an increase in the ? of white women, called Black men "half-civilized gorillas" and advocated for the lynching of a thousand Black men a week in the south in order to protect white women.

You need to pick up a book.

pick up a book for what?

“feminism” that holds up or enables white supremacy isn’t feminism; it is white supremacy

feminism is about doing things to fight the oppression of all women

yes i know that there where/are some racist feminist

but participants within every movement cannot be painted with a broad brush. within every movement there are individuals with different beliefs and attitudes. like with the civil rights movement we had the more militant members like malcom x then we had mlk jr. and with feminism we have blk feminists, ? feminist, pro life feminist, etc

so this idea that a blk woman who self identifies as a feminist is then a suspected '? ' is ridiculous

and this idea that blk women who participated in the women's suffrage movement or identify with feminist were/are brain washed is especially egregious and ironically enough further perpetuates white supremacy by erasing the efforts of the many blk women who made significant contributions to the movement from its conception

the majority of blk women of note were feminist or believed in feminist ideologies like harriet tubman or a rosa parks so that's who i get inspiration from, not no ? susan b anthony lol
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    getting as worked up as these crazy women, their opinions are pointless so everyone can move on. If a man can't speak his mind, no matter how crazy the message, I'd rather hear him say it than keep it in because it doesn't fit some social narrative.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pick up a book for what?

“feminism” that holds up or enables white supremacy isn’t feminism; it is white supremacy

feminism is about doing things to fight the oppression of all women

yes i know that there where/are some racist feminist

but participants within every movement cannot be painted with a broad brush. within every movement there are individuals with different beliefs and attitudes. like with the civil rights movement we had the more militant members like malcom x then we had mlk jr. and with feminism we have blk feminists, ? feminist, pro life feminist, etc

so this idea that a blk woman who self identifies as a feminist is then a suspected '? ' is ridiculous

and this idea that blk women who participated in the women's suffrage movement or identify with feminist were/are brain washed is especially egregious and ironically enough further perpetuates white supremacy by erasing the efforts of the many blk women who made significant contributions to the movement from its conception

the majority of blk women of note were feminist or believed in feminist ideologies like harriet tubman or a rosa parks so that's who i get inspiration from, not no ? susan b anthony lol

Feminism was established in this country for the concerns of white women. Black, Native, Latino, Asian, Italian, and any other race or nationality that were not considered white at the time were of no concern to feminism's originators. Whether black women like Sojourner Truth took up the cause is a moot point because they were not the focus of the feminist movement; Black women were beneath Black men in the eyes of the originators of feminism and their rhetoric supports this.

Minority women were of no concern even with the second wave of feminism that sprang up in the 60's. The whole concern was of middle class white women wanting something more out of life than a husband with a good job and staying home to raise the kids. In fact, what came out of this was subjugating Black, Asian, and Latino women to nothing more than "hired help" to rais the kids left behind by these newly employeed "career women".

Benita Roth's "Separate Roads to Feminism: Black, Chicana, and White Feminist Movements in America’s Second Wave" as well as Ruth Frankenberg's "White Women, Race Matters" speaks to the fact that minority feminist movements were created in the vacuum of the 2nd wave's focus on, once again, white women. White women were presented as the ideal woman and that ideology was pushed forward; white women were the face of feminism's 2nd wave just as it was during the first.

Minority women made their strides without the assistance of white women. If you think white women were allies of minority women during the 60's and 70's you're sadly mistaken.
This discussion has been closed.