Super easy fix for your analog stick(getting stuck, drifting etc etc) without opening the controller

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER OVERPRICED CONTROLLER!!!

I'm pretty sure a lot of y'all have experienced this at one point. The stick gets stuck, starts drifting in a direction when you barley touch it, doesn't really respond that well after moving it etc etc. In case you may not know this. More than likely there's really nothing wrong, it's not broken. You see, the problem is that last gen and current gen controllers have a flaw. The joysticks have a slight opening that allows all that dead skin and oil from your hands to slip in. Overtime it builds up in there and starts ? up ? throwing it off track. Well, this method will save you $60. It takes no time at all and you don't need any special ? for it to work. I just went back and used this on my faulty 360 wireless controller and my brothers ps3 controller too. The ? worked(glad I didn't throw them away) Check out this video real quick, SMH AT THESE CHEAPLY BUILT CONTROLLERS. (This works for all controllers)

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Makes you wonder why this is not put out there by these companies.......? I'm pretty sure they know about this issue and how to easily fix it. But they want people to keep buying new controllers smh. The Alcohol dissolves the dirt and oil in there and dries up real fast so it wont ? up anything. SMH just fixed my xbox1 controller with this. The down motion wasn't responding that well now my ? 's working again. You football and soccer game fans probably have stick problems the most.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a shame they don't make controller like they used to. also they are expensive. I shouldn't have to spray air freshener use qtips and alcohol blow on it etc. in order to get a working joystick this is ps4. I've never had these problems with ps 1 =, 2 and 3 unless I stepped on or sat on a controller by accident. good find though @PILL_COSBY
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went through so many Xbox controllers I ended up buying the Elite one and have never had a problem with it. Shame I had to spend over 150 for a controller that buttons and analogues that never get stuck. They should've used the same design for the standard controller.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only controller I ever broke was some ? Mad Catz PS2 controller. The sticks fell off.