huey wrote: »
    what is this

"The most powerful console ever"

https://youtu.be/F1dRgWpGePs

? was cringe worthy
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With no games lol. Why make a thread about this irrelevant machine? They should have just waited to release the next generation Xbox next fall and bring some damn EXCLUSIVE games finally. ROFL@ "The most powerful console ever" as if it is not releasing in 2017 ...duh. So powerful it can't play exclusive games LOL. My ? . Switch >>>> Scorpio if I had to choose.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ya say Xbox has no games but I look at library lists a lot of exclusives for Xbox One.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think some of ya'll spend more time fighting these console battles than you actually do playing games. I know @focus does. I've seen that ? in threads like this stoking flames and I've seen that ? in every PS4 related topic hating, but I've never seen that ? actually post anything of substance about a game that wasn't also a veiled shot at the PS4 (e.g., praising MKX over SFV largely because SFV is a PS4 exclusive).
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think some of ya'll spend more time fighting these console battles than you actually do playing games. I know @focus does. I've seen that ? in threads like this stoking flames and I've seen that ? in every PS4 related topic hating, but I've never seen that ? actually post anything of substance about a game that wasn't also a veiled shot at the PS4 (e.g., praising MKX over SFV largely because SFV is a PS4 exclusive).

THis..

in before Gears of War 6 and HALO FOREVER are announced
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options

And then you have the ? who spend all they time taking bout @focus. Hope you had breakfast first.

#bemadatdigitalfoundry
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

And then you have the ? who spend all they time taking bout @focus. Hope you had breakfast first.

#bemadatdigitalfoundry

? please. I forgot you existed for a while. Glorious days.

And I got no reason to be mad. I knew the Scorpio would be more powerful ever since last year. That was common knowledge. I'm happy with my PS4. There are more games out that I want to play than I even have time to play. The ? could die today, and I'd probably still be good for a couple more years. If the Scorpio is what the XBox fanboys need to be satisfied. I'm happy for them.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Yikes.

rubhhrhi9ovt.png

Yea i knew the scorpio would have superior specs to the ps4 pro when it was rumored it would be running at 6 terraflops. imo, the ps4 pro is a joke of an upgrade. with its use of checkerboard rendering in an attempt to achieve a 4k gaming experience. and not even including a UHD blu ray player. pretty pathetic that sony even entertained the thought of releasing it.

But the scorpio on the other hand, while it sounds great on paper, has its own set of impediments. for one, the dearth of exclusives on its platform. what sense does it make in releasing a robust console if u dont have any titles to show off the capability? maybe there is something in the pipeline that they plan on showing off at e3? and also, almost every future release will be designed with the OG xbone in mind. Some developers may go the extra mile and utilize the power of the system, but most will opt for the lowest denominator and ensure it runs smoothly on the 1st generation console instead
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buying this for certain. Dope specs
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Yea i knew the scorpio would have superior specs to the ps4 pro when it was rumored it would be running at 6 terraflops. imo, the ps4 pro is a joke of an upgrade. with its use of checkerboard rendering in an attempt to achieve a 4k gaming experience. and not even including a UHD blu ray player. pretty pathetic that sony even entertained the thought of releasing it.

Yea, Scorpio is overall 50% more powerful than the Pro, 43% on just GPU alone. Its a better machine in every conceivable way...GPU, CPU, RAM, bandwidth, optical drive.
    But the scorpio on the other hand, while it sounds great on paper, has its own set of impediments. for one, the dearth of exclusives on its platform. what sense does it make in releasing a robust console if u dont have any titles to show off the capability? maybe there is something in the pipeline that they plan on showing off at e3?

Subjective. They've had plenty of AAA and smaller XBOX Live exclusives this gen (across genres Sony's first party doesnt in many cases), and a few already announced for release this year. People either choose to realize this, or not...but the games are definitely there. Its all personal preference. However, unless its Nintendo, third party games will of course matter more and there will be no comparison there. The Red Dead 2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, Assassin's Creed Egypt, Shadow of War, etc Digital Foundry side by sides should be interesting.

and also, almost every future release will be designed with the OG xbone in mind. Some developers may go the extra mile and utilize the power of the system, but most will opt for the lowest denominator and ensure it runs smoothly on the 1st generation console instead

Developers already do with for PC. Scalability is not a new concept. Consoles just finally have the tools for it. They said they had Forza 6 running on Scorpio at 4K, 60fps, Ultra PC settings, no optimization, with 30% GPU overhead leftover, in just 2 days. Scorpio simply brute forces alot of the work. This thing basically automatically remasters 360 and XBO games. The Pro requires a special patch for what Scorpio will do inherently.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4K/60fps, yes or no. Hell, 1080p/60fps would be dope as hell. I know the Forza 6 demo was 4K/60, but will it be able to play all the games at at least 1080p/60fps?
  • focus
    Options
    4K/60fps, yes or no. Hell, 1080p/60fps would be dope as hell. I know the Forza 6 demo was 4K/60, but will it be able to play all the games at at least 1080p/60fps?

Yes, even 360 games. Supersampling is built into the system, unlike PS4 Pro. If a game, any game, has dynamic resolution, it will auto scale up or down depending on TV settings. Same for framerate. Whatever the target was, Scorpio will scale accordingly. No patches or "boost modes" needed.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Gotta say that Forza running in native 4K at 60 fps looked ? tough.