XBOX Scorpio Final Specs Officially Revealed

Options

Comments

• KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really all this amounts to is better lighting and shading for multiplatform games at the moment. If ms cant grab any exclusives to really show off the power, then this is a waste of a machine. I dont have problems with online activity with the pro with the exception of that ? ass nba2k17 everyrhing runs smooth. Withbthe machine being marketed towards the premium gamers as was stated on ign by a ms employee, its gonna cost no less than 500. 400 would put a huge dent in sonys sales but ms not confident enough to sale it atvthat price point.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Future of gaming is 2-3 yearly updates.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I'll wait another 2 years before I even buy a Scorpio or the Pro.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really all this amounts to is better lighting and shading for multiplatform games at the moment.

You think...this...boils down to just shaders and lighting? Oh brother...

8e1vikiqm6dk.jpg
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Really all this amounts to is better lighting and shading for multiplatform games at the moment.

You think...this...boils down to just shaders and lighting? Oh brother...

8e1vikiqm6dk.jpg

Im sure you read the rest of my comment cause i explained why thats the case at the moment.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Also companies arent going to make two different editions of a multiplatform game in this case cause theres not enough seperating the pro and scorpio to justify doing so. If that was the case, we'd see that now with the ps4 and pro. Scorpio needs exclusives built from the ground up to showcase the full potential of the system. Ok Activision still made cod games for the ps3 and 360 but theres 160 million consoles sold between those sytems which still have a high online playrate.
  • focus
    Options
    Also companies arent going to make two different editions of a multiplatform game in this case cause theres not enough seperating the pro and scorpio to justify doing so. If that was the case, we'd see that now with the ps4 and pro.

Again, companies have been making PC versions for years. Where have you been? lol

Games also get Pro patches.

Games are scalable. API's...none of this is new.

WTF? lol
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Also companies arent going to make two different editions of a multiplatform game in this case cause theres not enough seperating the pro and scorpio to justify doing so. If that was the case, we'd see that now with the ps4 and pro.

Again, companies have been making PC versions for years. Where have you been? lol

WTF? lol

Pc versions arent that different from console versions. 2k, madden ,cod. All those game dont have the dramatic difference in looks or gameplay even though the pc id a more powerful machines. If the scorpio is 50% more powerful than the pro, an exclusive built from the ground up is the only way to see all that extra power. Would you be happy with a extra game mode or less load time with the scorpio? Thats all it'll amount to besides slightly better graphics and lighting. That doesnt justify buying another 500 system whether you have money or not. Has to be innovative like the last few nintendo systems and innovative games. Well see what it's capable of firsthand come november.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All i want and need is GOOD GAMES. And as far as im concerned Sony got the lead when it comes to exlusivities.

I still aint got a ps4 pro. A 4k tv neither.

So far a good full hd screen and a ps4 is still aiiight imo.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol y'all lames still arguing over PS4/Xbox smh
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    lol y'all lames still arguing over PS4/Xbox smh

And you a ? ? for thinking a few comments equal an argument and your input was useless. Eat ? ?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WTF? lol

Pc versions arent that different from console versions. 2k, madden ,cod. All those game dont have the dramatic difference in looks or gameplay even though the pc id a more powerful machines. If the scorpio is 50% more powerful than the pro, an exclusive built from the ground up is the only way to see all that extra power. Would you be happy with a extra game mode or less load time with the scorpio? Thats all it'll amount to besides slightly better graphics and lighting. That doesnt justify buying another 500 system whether you have money or not. Has to be innovative like the last few nintendo systems and innovative games. Well see what it's capable of firsthand come november.
    They not gonna do all that for a Scorpio. Most you gonna get is better frame rate and higher resolution
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ill wait. No reason to cop a new console so soon im happy with my xbox one
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm one of the few who waited out cause I knew this was coming. So it's PS4 Pro and Scorpio for me. Just need to cop a 4K TV but first thing I'm getting is a Nintendo Switch as soon as I could find one.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I'm one of the few who waited out cause I knew this was coming. So it's PS4 Pro and Scorpio for me. Just need to cop a 4K TV but first thing I'm getting is a Nintendo Switch as soon as I could find one.

Make sure you get a 4ktv with hdr.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U waited 3 years for 4K resolution before u bought one? Damn that's rough
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

U waited 3 years for 4K resolution before u bought one? Damn that's rough

I haven't owned a home video game console in over 10 years so I wasn't really missing it. PC and portable gaming held me down well enough but now all 3 platforms have grabbed my attention so I will give home consoles another shot.
  • focus
    Options
    Yall bummy ? do whatever yall want..

New 4K LG OLED TV + Scorpio + Red Dead 2 this Fall for me.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them sony stans don't want to hear this lol
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sony stans won't care. PS4 as of now still has the best exclusives
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options

If you're mainly into Japanese single player games with flying bird dogs or whatever I guess, but lets get serious. Third party games sell the most consoles and Scorpio will undoubtedly have the best console version. Nintendo is the only one who can hang their hat on first party alone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you're mainly into Japanese single player games with flying bird dogs or whatever I guess, but lets get serious. Third party games sell the most consoles and Scorpio will undoubtedly have the best console version. Nintendo is the only one who can hang their hat on first party alone.

Developers don't pick the systems they prioritize based on power. They do that based on player base. It's doubtful that most of these developers will even bother optimizing the multi-plat games for the Scorpio. At the end of the day, ? doesn't matter. I said it when PS4 was the top dog, and I'll say it now that PS4 isn't the top dog. If the only thing you care about is which system is the most powerful, you should be a PC gamer because none of the consoles can match a good gaming rig.
  • focus
    edited April 2017
    Options
    PC has the largest install base.

Games and engines are already scaleable.

This is already being done.

Its not 1995.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whether it's 1995 or not, it's a fact that developers don't always optimize for specific consoles. That was the case last generation and has been at times for this generation.