Cinematic Showdown Volume 1: Scarface VS Carlito's Way

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Friend of mine brought this up on skype. I haven't seen Carlito's Way in forever, but I remember Scarface being way better. I've only seen Carlito's Way once, but have gone out of my way to watch Scarface many times.

Easy pick for me.

Cinematic Showdown Volume 1: Scarface VS Carlito's Way 26 votes

Scarface
38%
southsil4lil[Deleted User]nawledge_godilledoutits....JOHN BLord_Hades_08LUClENRue_Flexingtonnickel-us PTsotsi Cape Town 10 votes
Carlito's Way
61%
lion_heart313 wayzBroddieillestni99ainnePanchoYoSanchoCapitalBWill Munnynujerz84BDBIIDStoneColdMikeyBetachgarcia345geechiedanbuford214KingFreemanRevolver OcelotMaywood 16 votes

Comments

• KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Carlito's Way
    More realistic. More natural. Both classics tho.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    More realistic. More natural.

• Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    More realistic. More natural. Both classics tho.

Facts
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    Scarface overrated and at points it's boring as ?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Carlito's Way
    Very different even though it's the same director, star, producer and about a gangster. I remember Carlito's marketing even highlighting that it was from the Scarface team 10 years later.

Depends on what you're looking for. The more seasoned vet who wants out but keeps getting dragged back in or the hot head that feels the world is his and he's not to be ? with creating the chaos that drags him down.

I always preferred the story about the more reserved dude myself. A lot more life jewels in that movie even if Scarface does also have some gems.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    I Prefer Scarface By A Hair...Probably Because Of The Music...Those Synths Set The Mood Perfectly..Not Mention The Overall Music..Although The Joe Cocker Song At The End Of Carlitos Almost Had A Young Thug Leaking From His Ojos
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    Scarface was by all accounts a terrible movie. It was exteremlt entertaining but let's be real, it was no cinematic masterpiece, although it is one of the most iconic films of al time.

Carlitos Way was just a way better movie.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    Scarface has was more legendary quotes, though. The dialog is ? tier
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scarface
    To Be Fair...I Don't Think Di Palma Or For That Matter Pacino Were Going For Ultra Realism...I Think The Performances Were Over The Top Intentionally ...Just Like The Old Gangster Films (OG Scarface) From The 20s-30s
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    'Scarface' was entertaining, but cheesy at times. 'Carlito's Way' was just an all around great movie and a MUCH BETTER performance by Pacino. His over the top performance and horrible Cuban accent in 'Scarface' was more comedic than anything.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    Sean Penn top 3 performance of his career...Easily
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    Maywood wrote: »
    Sean Penn top 3 performance of his career...Easily

That was when he really started getting award nods. Then Dead Man Walking like a year later. Kleinfeld is a classic character. He put his soul into that role.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carlito's Way
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Scarface was by all accounts a terrible movie. It was exteremlt entertaining but let's be real, it was no cinematic masterpiece, although it is one of the most iconic films of al time.

Carlitos Way was just a way better movie.

Co-sign.

Pacino was just bad in that movie.

You would've thought that was his first big role and not the guy that was ? brilliant in Godfather 1 &2 and Dog Day Afternoon just a decade earlier.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    I didn't care for either movie