Video: A black man being handcuffed on the ground gets curb stomped by a gutless Columbus,OH pig...

Options

Comments

• Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »

I don't really understand that one. It looked like black dude was asking for the fight, and then didn't do nothing when it came his. Cop is still wrong, but you better not make that challenge unless you ready to go through with it. You know damn well professionalism won't keep them from attacking.

And I don't know what people are talking about when they give the Cavliers credit for finally bringing a championship home to Cleveland. That city has been the world champ of police brutality for some time now.

From what I read earlier the cop asked the dude if he had any weapons on him and the black dude took his coat off to show that he was unarmed. Doesn't look like he was looking for a fight to me. He didn't even raise his hands to defend himself when the cop put hands on him.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't really understand that one. It looked like black dude was asking for the fight, and then didn't do nothing when it came his. Cop is still wrong, but you better not make that challenge unless you ready to go through with it. You know damn well professionalism won't keep them from attacking.

And I don't know what people are talking about when they give the Cavliers credit for finally bringing a championship home to Cleveland. That city has been the world champ of police brutality for some time now.

From what I read earlier the cop asked the dude if he had any weapons on him and the black dude took his coat off to show that he was unarmed. Doesn't look like he was looking for a fight to me. He didn't even raise his hands to defend himself when the cop put hands on him.

Oh I misread the situation then. It looked like the was taking his jacket off to get read for a fight, and then the chick started yelling "Don't do it" or something like that. Cop was a ? for that. So basically just ground and pounded a dude who had no intention or desire to fight?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like i said before you run across some foul ? .. sit on that video for two weeks for that lie to solidify then goto the press.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jaywalking-while-black-video-shows-cop-slamming-pedestrian-ground-n745446?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

The video, released Monday, has sparked national outrage. It shows the officer confronting the man, identified as Nandi Cain Jr., as he crossed an intersection and attempting to talk to Cain but the situation quickly escalates.

After some words are exchanged while Cain is standing in the street, the officer then violently throws Cain to the ground and begins to punch him in the head.

The events leading up to the incident were not captured by the camera, and it is not possible to hear the conversation between Cain and the officer before the incident occurred.

Bystander Naomi Montaie, who took the video and posted it on Facebook, can be heard screaming, "Oh my ? ! Why'd you take him down like that? No! That was wrong!"

Montaie filmed the five-minute-long video as the officer called for back-up. Six additional officers arrived to assist in Cain's arrest.

In a statement, the Sacramento Police Department said the officer originally "attempted to detain a pedestrian for allegedly unlawfully crossing the street."

Cain then "questioned the officer's validity to stop him at which time a violent encounter occurred between the officer and the pedestrian," the statement continues.

"For an unknown reason, the officer threw the pedestrian to the ground and began striking him in the face with his hand multiple times," the SPD statement said.

Cain was initially charged with resisting arrest but it was later dropped and he was released, officials said.

He told NBC affiliate KCRA that he thought he was going to die.

"I thought I was going to be like the next Trayvon Martin," he said. "I felt like they were going to draw a gun out and shoot me in my back or try to break my arms off or something.

"It was supposedly for jaywalking," Cain said of the initial arrest. "And then, when they put me in handcuffs and they were driving off, I heard them (talk) about they were going to get me for resisting arrest. But as you can see on the video clearly, I didn't resist at all."

In addition to the video posted on social media, Sacramento authorities are reviewing footage from a camera inside the patrol car.

"The videos of this incident portray actions and behavior that we would consider unacceptable conduct by a Sacramento Police Officer," the department said.

The Internal Affairs Division is investigating the incident and the officer involved was placed on paid administrative leave, officials said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSvU2N8FSsQ
  • stringer bell
    edited April 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9vAyOLECo

More pig brutality.. But they say there's a "War on Cops" tho.. Smh...
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 GA pigs were just caught on camera punching and stomping on a dude. They both were fired within 2 days.

All this "pending investigation" mess is all ? .
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at this savage ?

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all them pigs black and white
  • stringer bell
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9vAyOLECo

More pig brutality.. But they say there's a "War on Cops" tho.. Smh...

splitgeorgia0413.jpg
  • stringer bell
    Options
    2 GA pigs were just caught on camera punching and stomping on a dude. They both were fired within 2 days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-fired-kicking-handcuffed-man-face-article-1.3050672
    A Georgia police officer was fired one day after authorities say he kicked a handcuffed man in the face.

A shocking video that surfaced Wednesday showed Gwinnett County police officer Robert McDonald stomping suspect Demetrius Hollins in the head while he laid handcuffed in the middle of a major roadway just outside of Atlanta.

McDonald "stepped outside the guiding principles of our agency," a Thursday statement from the Gwinnett County police department said."We do not tolerate actions that are not consistent with our core values or state law."

The police department has also launched a criminal investigation into McDonald's behavior. He was sent home on administrative leave and has been stripped of his department-issued gun.

The statement emphasizes that the video is "very disturbing and speaks for itself" and confirms that "the force used was unnecessary and excessive."

In a booking photo from Wednesday, Hollins appears to have a bloodied nose and lip. He faces charges of driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked registration, failure to signal, having a brake light that's not in good repair, obstructing a law enforcement officer and possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.

The video that prompted McDonald's firing was posted to Facebook by Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta.

It shows a white officer pulling Hollins out of a car and placing him in handcuffs. Hollins can be heard yelling as the unidentified officer hovers over him.

Suddenly, officer McDonald comes running from the right hand side.

As the first officer observes, McDonald, seemingly unprovoked, stomps the handcuffed Hollins in the face. Both officers then press Hollins against the ground before putting him in the backseat of their squad car.

"Stay down," one of the officers can be heard saying.

The violent incident occurred on Sugarloaf Parkway outside Lawrenceville around 5 p.m., according to Maejor Page, the President of Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta.

Page told the Daily News that the maker of the video provided the clip to his organization shortly after the incident occurred.

The video maker charged that "blood splattered everywhere" after McDonald landed the kick to Hollin's face, Page said.

In a statement, Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta praised the dismissal of the officer.

"We are extremely happy that the command staff of the Gwinnett Police Department heard our voices did the noble and honorable thing, and that's to fire this officer and seek criminal charges," read the statement. "We do not want to paint the entire GCPD as a bad group of people, when I know for a fact there a bunch of fine men and women who work for the department with respect, honor and integrity."
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ignored this ? but arrested and assualted for Jay walking in the burbs wtf

I'm from NY I've seen Jay walking worth a ? getting arrested for like I've done it before just ignorant ass Jay walking but wtf hes in the burbs

Thats a ? hood in my city
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/georgia-fired-kicking-handcuffed-man-face-article-1.3050672
    A Georgia police officer was fired one day after authorities say he kicked a handcuffed man in the face.

A shocking video that surfaced Wednesday showed Gwinnett County police officer Robert McDonald stomping suspect Demetrius Hollins in the head while he laid handcuffed in the middle of a major roadway just outside of Atlanta.

McDonald "stepped outside the guiding principles of our agency," a Thursday statement from the Gwinnett County police department said."We do not tolerate actions that are not consistent with our core values or state law."

The police department has also launched a criminal investigation into McDonald's behavior. He was sent home on administrative leave and has been stripped of his department-issued gun.

The statement emphasizes that the video is "very disturbing and speaks for itself" and confirms that "the force used was unnecessary and excessive."

In a booking photo from Wednesday, Hollins appears to have a bloodied nose and lip. He faces charges of driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked registration, failure to signal, having a brake light that's not in good repair, obstructing a law enforcement officer and possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.

The video that prompted McDonald's firing was posted to Facebook by Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta.

It shows a white officer pulling Hollins out of a car and placing him in handcuffs. Hollins can be heard yelling as the unidentified officer hovers over him.

Suddenly, officer McDonald comes running from the right hand side.

As the first officer observes, McDonald, seemingly unprovoked, stomps the handcuffed Hollins in the face. Both officers then press Hollins against the ground before putting him in the backseat of their squad car.

"Stay down," one of the officers can be heard saying.

The violent incident occurred on Sugarloaf Parkway outside Lawrenceville around 5 p.m., according to Maejor Page, the President of Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta.

Page told the Daily News that the maker of the video provided the clip to his organization shortly after the incident occurred.

The video maker charged that "blood splattered everywhere" after McDonald landed the kick to Hollin's face, Page said.

In a statement, Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta praised the dismissal of the officer.

"We are extremely happy that the command staff of the Gwinnett Police Department heard our voices did the noble and honorable thing, and that's to fire this officer and seek criminal charges," read the statement. "We do not want to paint the entire GCPD as a bad group of people, when I know for a fact there a bunch of fine men and women who work for the department with respect, honor and integrity."

That ? happened 7 minutes from my house. They didnt want TI to shut hwy 85 down again.
  • stringer bell
    edited April 2017
    Options
    http://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/dozens-cases-involving-officers-brutality-case-thrown-out/HVf0y8sg435M1oR5wg7EXI/
    Dozens of cases involving officers in brutality case thrown out

The Gwinnett County Solicitor has dismissed dozens of cases involving former officers fired in a police brutality case. She said the cases depended on the officers' credibility.

Sixty-three cases were dismissed in Gwinnett County Recorder's Court and 26 cases were dismissed in Gwinnett County State Court.

The two Gwinnett County officers were fired Thursday and could face criminal charges after videos appeared to show them attacking Demetrius Hollins, 21.

Both former officers could face criminal charges after two cellphone videos captured the alleged attacks.

One alleged kick and punch may have ended the respective careers of Officer Robert McDonald and 19-year veteran Sgt. Michael Bongiavonni, who have been accused in the case.

"I ordered Hollins out of the car. He refused, grabbed his phone and literally started to scream, 'Help me,' in the phone," Bongiavonni wrote in a report.

Commanders said Bongiavonni never reported he punched Hollins, but turned in McDonald for kicking the suspect in the head.

Bongiavonni did admit he stunned Hollins with a Taser, authorities said.

Bongiavonni's alleged punch was captured on video by a woman that Channel 2's Tony Thomas spoke with by phone Thursday night.

Thomas spoke with Bongiovanni's attorney who said what was seen on the video is not excessive force.

"He (Bongiovannit) says, 'I don't recall throwing a punch.' Because he didn't throw a punch. It was an elbow strike, an FBI-taught defensive tactic," attorney Mike Pugliese said.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Look at this savage ?

WTF?! ? acting like a wild animal at the zoo. smh. Alotta these cops got some real issues.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate and racism is a hellava drug
  • stringer bell
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These cops make the job more difficult for the ones that are actually good at it.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And people say its wrong when I say I don't care when cops get killed. ? em and their families. Punk ass ? . Hope both those pigs get smoked. I got a nephew the same age as the victim and I now that could be him one day. It could be my brother two since both of them are brown skin.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/dozens-cases-involving-officers-brutality-case-thrown-out/HVf0y8sg435M1oR5wg7EXI/
    Dozens of cases involving officers in brutality case thrown out

The Gwinnett County Solicitor has dismissed dozens of cases involving former officers fired in a police brutality case. She said the cases depended on the officers' credibility.

Sixty-three cases were dismissed in Gwinnett County Recorder's Court and 26 cases were dismissed in Gwinnett County State Court.

The two Gwinnett County officers were fired Thursday and could face criminal charges after videos appeared to show them attacking Demetrius Hollins, 21.

Both former officers could face criminal charges after two cellphone videos captured the alleged attacks.

One alleged kick and punch may have ended the respective careers of Officer Robert McDonald and 19-year veteran Sgt. Michael Bongiavonni, who have been accused in the case.

"I ordered Hollins out of the car. He refused, grabbed his phone and literally started to scream, 'Help me,' in the phone," Bongiavonni wrote in a report.

Commanders said Bongiavonni never reported he punched Hollins, but turned in McDonald for kicking the suspect in the head.

Bongiavonni did admit he stunned Hollins with a Taser, authorities said.

Bongiavonni's alleged punch was captured on video by a woman that Channel 2's Tony Thomas spoke with by phone Thursday night.

Thomas spoke with Bongiovanni's attorney who said what was seen on the video is not excessive force.

"He (Bongiovannit) says, 'I don't recall throwing a punch.' Because he didn't throw a punch. It was an elbow strike, an FBI-taught defensive tactic," attorney Mike Pugliese said.

The Gwinnett County Police Department released files showing that Bongiovanni had at least 67 use of force incident reports, 12 citizen misconduct complaints, and four administrative conduct investigations in the nearly 20 years he was an officer. In all of those times, he was apparently sanctioned just once. And that one time, wasn’t even for an act of misconduct against the public. (He was recommended for a demotion and ultimately a 15-day suspension in 2014 for the administrative crime of “failure to supervise and lead those under his command.”)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/14/the_michael_bongiovanni_case_shows_how_bad_cops_cover_for_each_other.html

smh...

yea i don't see how anyone can entertain the argument that this isn't a systemic problem
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Gwinnett County Police Department released files showing that Bongiovanni had at least 67 use of force incident reports, 12 citizen misconduct complaints, and four administrative conduct investigations in the nearly 20 years he was an officer. In all of those times, he was apparently sanctioned just once. And that one time, wasn’t even for an act of misconduct against the public. (He was recommended for a demotion and ultimately a 15-day suspension in 2014 for the administrative crime of “failure to supervise and lead those under his command.”)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/04/14/the_michael_bongiovanni_case_shows_how_bad_cops_cover_for_each_other.html

smh...

yea i don't see how anyone can entertain the argument that this isn't a systemic problem

We're in a country where people support Trump knowing that some of his policies could literally ? them just because he's taking a strong stance against brown people.

In other words, never underestimate the stupidity or ignorance of racists.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170510/columbus-police-find-officers-stomping-of-suspect-unreasonable
    Columbus police find officer’s stomping of suspect ‘unreasonable’

A Columbus deputy chief has found the actions of an officer shown on video stomping once on a restrained man as unreasonable, according to a statement released Wednesday afternoon.

Witnesses to the April 8 incident posted a video on YouTube of Demarko Anderson, 26 lying on his chest on a concrete driveway. Anderson appears to be restrained by Officer Darren Stephens with his hands behind his back when Officer Zachary Rosen darts in and strikes him once in the head with his left foot.

“Are you serious? I’ve got cuffs on, sir,” Anderson can be heard saying.

Officers were responding to a report of a man with a gun near a residence in Linden. Stephens watched Anderson walking away from a Maize Road residence and tried to handcuff him, according to a police report. Anderson pulled away, then elbowed Stephens in the face and ran south. Stephens was able to catch Anderson and handcuff him.

Rosen, 32, a Columbus Division of Police officer since December 2010, told investigators that he was fearful Anderson still had a gun, so he ran at full speed and stomped once on Anderson’s left shoulder.

“If the fear of a weapon and threat of death were real, it makes no sense that Officer Rosen stood around after the apprehension and did not search Mr. Anderson for weapons,” Deputy Chief Thomas Quinlan wrote in a report.

Quinlan overruled other supervisors in the chain of command with his decision, which recommended Rosen be disciplined, including requiring additional training in searches of an armed suspect. All four lower-ranking supervisors ruled Rosen’s use of force was within policy.

“It’s kind of like spiking the football at halftime,” Jason Pappas, president of Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge No. 9 said of the statement issued by Columbus Division of Police. The case could still go on to a hearing before Columbus police Chief Kim Jacobs. If she upholds Quinlan’s decision, Rosen has the option to appeal to the public safety director.

“There’s this deviation. I think [the other supervisors] look at it the same way I look at it. This is a life-and-death situation,” Pappas said.

The video shot by witnesses showed handcuffs were already on when Anderson was stomped on. Rosen told investigators Anderson was not secured in handcuffs.

“The video shows the silver cuff locking around the wrist and the ratchet sound is clearly heard on the video,” Quinlan said.

While Rosen had the right to use force, it’s the type of untrained force that was used that’s unreasonable, he said.

“Stomps and strikes/kicks to the face are not trained,” Quinlan said. “Stomps and strikes/kicks are trained to be applied to a shin, or to the hips of an attacker, and not trained to the face of a man lying on the ground with an officer on top applying handcuffs.”

The 129-page investigation report has been forwarded to the police division’s discipline grievance section for a review where the punishment in other cases of sustained use of force investigations will be noted. The division will use precedent in other cases to determine what, if any, disciplinary action should be taken in Rosen’s case.

Other cases where discipline was issued dating back to 2012 show a range from a written reprimand to a 160-hour suspension, according to Quinlan’s report.

Mayor Andrew J. Ginther and several city council members last month denounced the actions of the officer.

“[Rosen’s] actions are also inconsistent with our community’s expectations and values we share,” Ginther said in a statement Wednesday. “I expect an equally timely recommendation for discipline that holds Officer Rosen accountable for his actions.”

Sean Walton, an attorney with Walton + Brown, a Downtown law firm representing Anderson, said Rosen should be fired from the force. Anderson was indicted on charges from the April 18 incident, including improperly discharging a gun into a residence as a repeat violent offender, weapons under disability, carrying concealed weapons, obstructing official business and aggravated menacing.

Walton is also representing the family of 23-year-old Henry Green, who was shot and killed by Rosen and another officer while they were working undercover in June 2016. Rosen fired 15 shots in that incident.

“Either he will be an example of what a Columbus Division of Police officer represents or what a Columbus Division of Police officer’s conduct should not embody,” Walton said in a statement. “Anything less than termination is a slap in the face to Columbus citizens who trust Mayor Ginther and Chief Jacobs.”

Nana Watson, president of the NAACP Columbus chapter, called for Rosen’s termination within days of the incident.

“We still stand by our position,” she said Wednesday. “It’s our hope the chief will rule on that expeditiously.”

A Franklin County grand jury recently declined to indict the officers in the Green case. The city’s Firearms Review Board is still examining the shooting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-latest-review-concludes-officer-kicked-suspect-in-head/2017/05/10/23041b56-35c1-11e7-ab03-aa29f656f13e_story.html?utm_term=.64cc3f6880fc
    The Latest: Union official says officer’s kick justified

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Latest on a restrained suspect kicked in the head by a police officer (all times local):

6:30 p.m.

A police union official says he believes an officer seen kicking a restrained suspect in the head was justified because of the totality of the circumstances that day, including an assault on another officer.

Jason Pappas is head of the local Fraternal Order of Police chapter representing Columbus police officers. He says that officer Zachary Rosen would have been justified using deadly force but he and other officers showed restraint.

Records released Wednesday indicate Rosen kicked the suspect in the head despite the officer’s belief that he hit the suspect’s shoulder.

Police had responded to reports of a man with a gun threatening to shoot up a house. Police say shots were fired and an officer was elbowed.

A review by Columbus Deputy Chief Thomas Quinlan concludes the video captures the suspect’s head smashing into pavement and then bouncing back up in the air, indicative of being struck in the head.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But racism only exist in Boston wpiidf6nkl0g.png
  • JoshuaMoshua
    JoshuaMoshua Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    But racism only exist in Boston wpiidf6nkl0g.png

Get brady's ? out of your mouth, and show me where somebody said that