Video: A black man being handcuffed on the ground gets curb stomped by a gutless Columbus,OH pig...

Options
13»

Comments

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    But racism only exist in Boston wpiidf6nkl0g.png

Get brady's ? out of your mouth, and show me where somebody said that
    i'm from NY, so i naturally detest Boston. i hate their teams, their players, their actors and celebrities, their accents (? disgusting)

but i feel like they're getting scapegoated here. it's natural given the cities history and obvious because the incident occurred there, but ? like this can occur in any ballpark and it wouldn't surprise me. this is america. you can point to anytime in its existence, there's always been an intolerance for the other. this is a racist country. always have been, always will be. and civilians in your city is no less racist than the ones in Boston. don't lie to yourselves

All these players are coming out and saying Boston is the only place where they experienced the treatment, but you're still pushing the idea that it's the same everywhere.

Do you travel in the US much? Different cities, different, states, and different regions all have different cultures. It's not that crazy to believe that something happens in one place that doesn't happen anywhere else.

Here's one example, ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

U being petty and ? just cuz Boston has its reputation.... SMH
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

U being petty and ? just cuz Boston has its reputation.... SMH

s7te7z8ux4bh.png
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Get brady's ? out of your mouth, and show me where somebody said that
    i'm from NY, so i naturally detest Boston. i hate their teams, their players, their actors and celebrities, their accents (? disgusting)

but i feel like they're getting scapegoated here. it's natural given the cities history and obvious because the incident occurred there, but ? like this can occur in any ballpark and it wouldn't surprise me. this is america. you can point to anytime in its existence, there's always been an intolerance for the other. this is a racist country. always have been, always will be. and civilians in your city is no less racist than the ones in Boston. don't lie to yourselves

All these players are coming out and saying Boston is the only place where they experienced the treatment, but you're still pushing the idea that it's the same everywhere.

Do you travel in the US much? Different cities, different, states, and different regions all have different cultures. It's not that crazy to believe that something happens in one place that doesn't happen anywhere else.

Here's one example, ?

lol ? where in my post did I say racism only existed in Boston? Don't try pull me into it just cause that ? going for your throat.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Options
    49731607.cached.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbfhJqIhDQ

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/ohio-cop-gets-24-hour-suspension-for-kicking-black-man-in-head-while-he-is-laying-face-down-on-sidewalk/
    Ohio cop gets 24-hour suspension for kicking black man in head while he is laying face down on sidewalk

Officials in Ohio have recommended a 1-day suspension for Columbus police officer Zachary Rosen after he was caught on video kicking a man in the head.

In a video that was published on social media earlier this year, an officer can be seen handcuffing Demarko Anderson, who appears to be complying with demands.

“I am, sir,” Anderson says repeatedly as he lays face down on the sidewalk.

Suddenly, officer Rosen is seen charging into view of the camera and delivers a kick to Anderson’s head.

“Oh, my ? !” someone can be heard screaming.

Rosen was reassigned to non-patrol duty pending the outcome of an investigation.

On Wednesday, the Columbus Police Department revealed that Chief of Police Kim Jacobs had recommended a 24-hour suspension for Rosen.

Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther noted in a statement on Wednesday that the Director of Public Safety will have the final say about whether to uphold the suspension, fire Rosen or choose another outcome.

“While the Chief of Police has made a recommendation for discipline in the use of force case involving Officer Rosen, the Director of Public Safety will make the final decision under the current FOP contract,” Ginther said. “I have every expectation the Public Safety Director will discipline Officer Rosen in a manner that holds him accountable for his actions, and I expect the final decision to be made as quickly as possible.”

Only in Amerikkka...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170621/police-chief-seeks-24-hour-suspension-for-columbus-cop-who-stomped-on-suspect
    Police chief recommends 24 work-hours suspension…

After deliberating for several weeks, Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs has recommended that a police officer who stomped once on a detained suspect in April be suspended for 24 work hours.

In a memo dated June 14 to Officer Zachary Rosen, 32, Jacobs said she is recommending the suspension to Public Safety Director Ned Pettus, who will hold his own inquiry. The police division held a departmental hearing on June 6. The memo was released on Wednesday.

Following Jacobs’ memo, Mayor Andrew J. Ginther said: “I have every expectation the Public Safety Director will discipline Officer Rosen in a manner that holds him accountable for his actions, and I expect the final decision to be made as quickly as possible.”

The case gained attention and drew protests after a witness posted a video of the April 8 incident on YouTube. Ginther also expressed disappointment and said the incident eroded public trust.

“Twenty-four hours is an absolute joke,” said Amber Evans, organizer for the People’s Justice Project, which has protested Rosen at City Council. “I think it’s a major slap in the face for the black community, and for the mothers that have lost their family members to police violence, and for the young man who was kicked in his head by Rosen.”

On the video, 26-year-old Demarko Anderson is seen lying on his chest on a concrete driveway, restrained by Officer Darren Stephens with his hands behind his back. Rosen is seen darting into the frame and striking Anderson once in the head with his left foot. Anderson’s head was raised, then seen smashed into the pavement as Rosen struck him.

Anderson is heard on the video saying, “Are you serious? I’ve got cuffs on, sir.”

Officers had responded to a report of a man with gun near a residence in Linden. Anderson was walking away from a Maize Road residence when Stephens tried to handcuff him, according to a police report. Anderson pulled away, elbowed Stephens in the face, and fled. Stephens caught Anderson and placed him in handcuffs.

Anderson faces charges in Franklin County Common Pleas Court, including improperly discharging a gun into a residence, carrying a concealed weapon, obstructing official business and aggravated menacing.

The Columbus Branch of the NAACP, in a prepared statement, said its members are “stunned, horrified and dismayed” by Jacobs’ recommendation and that they are “demanding that Safety Director Ned Pettus remove Officer Rosen from the Columbus police force.”

In his report to Jacobs, Deputy Chief Thomas Quinlan said: “Officer Rosen’s intent notwithstanding, he did actually strike Mr. Anderson in the face while handcuffed. I do not find Officer Rosen’s use of force reasonable, meaning it was not proper, appropriate, rational and ordinary or usual in the circumstances.”

Quinlan, the highest ranking of Rosen’s direct chain of command, was the only one of his supervisors to rule the stomp as out of policy before the report landed on Jacobs’ desk.

The stomping incident was not the first time Rosen used kicking or striking motions with suspects, according to records obtained by The Dispatch.

In an October 2015 incident, Rosen drew his gun on an unarmed man on East 26th Avenue, then kicked him in the midsection, making him fall backward.

“I did not have time to transition to another weapon, as (the suspect) quickly advanced on me,” Rosen told investigators.

At that time, Quinlan wrote: “While I find the front kick intentional and not in violation of policy, I also find the incident was handled in a sloppy manner and was not well supervised.”

In his interview with investigators, Rosen said he stomped down on Anderson’s left shoulder. He said he attempted to pin Anderson to prevent him from being able to buck Stephens off or escape.

Rosen is one of two officers who shot and killed 23-year-old Henry Green while working undercover in June 2016. Rosen fired 15 shots in that incident. A grand jury cleared officers of any wrong doing. The department is still reviewing the incident through the firearms review board.

Per union contract rules, Jacobs had to consider the punishment in other cases of sustained use of force investigations in order to consider discipline for Rosen in the Anderson arrest.

Rosen was taken off his normal patrol assignment in April and reassigned as the matter was investigated.

On April 12, Jacobs attended a news conference with Ginther, who said he was troubled by the video.

“What I saw was troubling, upsetting — it’s disturbing,” Ginther said. “It’s not consistent with the values and training (of the) Columbus Division of Police. ... It erodes the public trust.”

Rosen emailed his chain of command on April 13, saying, “I have been concerned for my safety since my name was released and comments were made by the Mayor convicting me of wrongdoing, despite any due process or the opportunity for an investigation to run its course as our protocol dictates. The Mayor’s actions have now jeopardized the safety of my mother and my family.”

A day later, investigators found the threats posted on social media were not credible. Rosen asked for additional cruiser attention at his home.

Rosen has worked for the division as an officer since December 2010. Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Richard ? said Rosen would not be able to use leave time to serve any suspension.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His is unsafe do u think black people where he from gona allow it
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    49731607.cached.jpg

Damn....he rocking the "Jim Crow" throwback cop uniform and hat

Bruh, if you were to tell me these pics was from back then, I might of phucked round and believed ya. lol
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Look at this savage ?

WTF?! ? acting like a wild animal at the zoo. smh. Alotta these cops got some real issues.

Bruh this ? is MANIACAL!!

I can pretty much guarantee you the reason he did that was b/c he is a young black male, who knew his rights (didn't have to have the window all the way down to give him all his information) and to top it off he was being CALM and unperturbed. I can tell brotha man behind the wheel was legit afraid.

That police dude a whole Hoe for that.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170710/columbus-fires-officer-who-stomped-on-suspect
    Columbus fires officer who stomped on suspect

Columbus Police Officer Zachary Rosen, who stomped on a shooting suspect as he was being taken into custody in April, has been fired.

Rosen, 32, stomped once with his left foot on a suspect who was lying stomach down and handcuffed at the end of a driveway in Linden in the April 8 incident that was captured on video. The suspect, Demarko Anderson, is accused of shooting up a house, assaulting an officer and fleeing before the assaulted officer ran him down.

Mayor Andrew J. Ginther and city council members had publicly denounced Rosen’s actions early on.

“The safety director was unable to consider this case fairly,” Jason Pappas, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge No. 9, said in a statement. “Mayor Ginther — who twice spoke about this case, once before the completion of any investigation and without reviewing any of the enhanced video, and again just prior to Officer Rosen’s hearing before the safety director — essentially directed the director, as his appointee, to fire this officer.”

Later, at a news conference at the FOP lodge, Pappas said the union will fight for Rosen’s job through arbitration. He said Rosen was fired “solely for the political purposes of the administration.”

“This union will not tolerate their brothers and sisters being used as political pawns or scapegoats for the benefit of the administration,” Pappas said.

On June 29, Rosen appeared before Columbus Public Safety Director Ned Pettus for a hearing. Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs had cited Rosen for violating the division’s use-of-force policy and recommended a 24-work-hour, or three-day, suspension.

It’s unclear how Pettus reached his decision to fire Rosen. The two-page decision doesn’t explain how it was reached; it only cites a specific charge of “unreasonable force” by Rosen.

“The director’s office cannot make any further comment on this decision due to potential appeals options,” Cathy Collins, assistant director of the city’s Department of Public Safety, said in a statement.

Ginther’s office released a statement supporting Pettus’ decision.

“Today’s decision was not a choice between supporting the police or supporting the community. It was about supporting fairness and due process,” Ginther said.

He later added: “In the coming weeks, there will be much discussion about this decision. What I believe we can all agree on is that every person in every neighborhood deserves to be safe. That can only happen if the Division of Police and the community they serve work together.”

The city council issued a statement accepting the termination.

“We cannot allow the behavior of one officer to undermine the positive work of the entire division,” according to the statement. “When any officer acts in a manner that violates the values, expectations and policies of our police division, it creates distrust between the community and the officers who are sworn to protect us. In fact, these actions make policing and the jobs of our officers more difficult and dangerous.”

Nana Watson, president of the NAACP’s Columbus chapter, said the group is pleased with the decision “because anything short of that would not have been acceptable.”

Pappas said Rosen was justified in using force and that the video snippet was taken out of context. He said the only question might be about the technique that Rosen used.

The next step is to take the case to an arbitrator; Rosen has 10 days to file an appeal to the Civil Service Commission.

“Everyone knows that he’s going to get his job back,” Pappas said.

Rosen, who has been on the police force for more than six years, has been in high-profile incidents before. He received the Medal of Valor for saving a man in a vehicle crash several years ago.

But he also was one of two officers working undercover who shot and killed 23-year-old Henry Green last year. Rosen fired 15 shots in that incident. A grand jury found no cause to indict the officers. A police review board is still examining how they responded.

Attorney Sean L. Walton Jr., whose law firm is representing Green’s family in a federal civil rights lawsuit and Anderson in a civil case, issued a statement:

“The victims of the reckless acts of violence by Rosen are pleased by his termination, but are calling for more investigation into his prior acts as a Columbus Police Officer.”

Pig privilege temporarily revoked.. Hopefully it's going to be permanently revoked...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://thecourier.com/ohio-news/2017/07/11/the-latest-family-pleased-officer-fired-over-kicking-video/
    The family of a man shown on video apparently being kicked in the head by an Ohio police officer says it’s pleased the officer has been fired but it wants “more investigation into his prior acts.”

The family of Demarko Anderson says if the Columbus police department can’t be counted on to properly investigate and discipline a “reckless” and “unfit” officer that calls into question its entire disciplinary history.

Anderson’s family says it wants to know what Mayor Andy Ginther will do to ensure all officers are held accountable for excessive use of force, not just those officers caught on video.

The city’s public safety director announced the decision to fire officer Zachary Rosen on Monday. The mayor says he supports the decision.

The police chief had recommended Rosen be suspended. The police union says Rosen should be reinstated.