Detroit (2017) (Dir Kathryn Bigelow) John Boyega, John Krasinski and Anthony Mackie

Options
fortyacres
fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im checkin for it.. I cant take that white kid seriously as a man he looks 14 in the face
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Jim!

Oh nvm it's that weird looking guy. It looks good though
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie looks dope. I havent seen Krasinski in anything since the Office went off air! Crazy to think he was super close to being Captain America instead of Chris Evans.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They had a special showing in detroit that my parents went to and they said it was really good.

This happenee in my grandma neighborhood.

Detroit was never the same after these riots.

White flight was gradually happening before the riots but afterwards the whites left to the northern suburbs
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see you Ralph!
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to see brothas gettin that money
  • MD_PROPER
    MD_PROPER Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    They had a special showing in detroit that my parents went to and they said it was really good.

This happenee in my grandma neighborhood.

Detroit was never the same after these riots.

White flight was gradually happening before the riots but afterwards the whites left to the northern suburbs

I was born and raised less than a few blocks from 12th where it happen (I was born and raised on the outskirts of Boston-Edison, on Longfellow / Atkinson by Rosa Parks Blvd -- otherwise known as 12t St. ...the riot happen a lil up the road close to Clairmount where the old Farmer's Jack used to be).

My grandparents had their own family they were raising near the area when it went down, Gramps had to send my mom and her siblings across the bridge to Canada (where my grandma from and her family) while he was working as an Detroit policeman during that time (he was still working Vice in the precinct based on Fort St. at the time). Said stuff was extra crazy.

Like @detcatinva and @konceptjones , we were born as one of the first generation near the end of the decade following the riots, so we were one of the first to really feel the effect of the white flight, the change and the gradual effect of ? taking over after the riots (and all the ? with Pony Down, Young Boys, White Boy Rick, etc... )

I think alot of America, especially "sports (professional)" America HATED Detroit after the riots, because they didn't want the same to happen to their cities....it put an unfair picture on Detroit, which is why to this day, sports fans in America are so quick to bash Detroit for any thing (and the Brawl in the Palace was started by SUBURBANS (and white folks not blacks) not FROM Detroit proper -- but yet native Detroiters were still being blamed for it).
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit stand up!
  • fortyacres
    Options
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw a review from a person that went to a special screening. They say the movie was epic. I'll be there this week with alcohol leather recliner, and hot dogs.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was watching the Dramatics unsung and 2 of their members was in that hotel room when all that happened. That's crazy.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Is that the nerdy white guy from We're The Millers?
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hearing this ish is fyah.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gregory Porter made a song about it a few years ago, they actually play this at the parties @DillaDeaf @detcatinva @konceptjones @Bcotton5
    https://youtu.be/CmDcWr1yqCc
  • detcatinva
    Options
    I'm going tonight
  • detcatinva
    Options
    Man i wanted to ? the entire scene in the motel
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How was it?

I plan on goin nxt week
  • detcatinva
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

How was it?

I plan on goin nxt week

imo probably best film this year. the directing the acting by all actors was amazing.

this movie is gonna make you angry.

its especially hard for me since im from detroit
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Man, this is a great damn movie. The acting was great, the scenes and camera angles were crazy. A few times I kept asking myself, wtf is directing this movie. Man, I can go on and on about this movie. ? gonna make you mad and sad too.

Must see Movie!!!!!
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    and
    when stood up when he was on the stand. mannnnnnn, chills n goosebumps like a mf!
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How was it?

I plan on goin nxt week

imo probably best film this year. the directing the acting by all actors was amazing.

I was in that ? fuming bruh. Never has a film made me so upset on several different occasions. I've seen some slavery movies and not think twice about it but this ? right here? I legit left the theater mad as ? .

I think being from Detroit added to it a lot but I was in theater like ? everybody. Whatever the film crew set out to do they did it because the joint will make you want to riot.

5/5 most definitely an amazing film. The cinematography, acting all that was on point. It captured every type of anger, hate, resentment, sadness possible. If I never have to see a cop again it won't be soon enough.

Support the film but you will hate it lol
  • detcatinva
    Options

How was it?

I plan on goin nxt week

I was in that ? fuming bruh. Never has a film made me so upset on several different occasions. I've seen some slavery movies and not think twice about it but this ? right here? I legit left the theater mad as ? .

I think being from Detroit added to it a lot but I was in theater like ? everybody. Whatever the film crew set out to do they did it because the joint will make you want to riot.

5/5 most definitely an amazing film. The cinematography, acting all that was on point. It captured every type of anger, hate, resentment, sadness possible. If I never have to see a cop again it won't be soon enough.

Support the film but you will hate it lol

I never knew about the algers motel incident. its never talked about like it never happened