H.B.O's "The Leftovers" final season(April 16)

Comments

• (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PILL_COSBY wrote: »
    I love how this show just becomes different each season and everything changes around.

These damn ? beards got to go, everybody can't sport a damn beard!!!

Ok I get the opening. That town is special and weird ? been going on there for forever. It looks like they figured out what was going on back in 1855. I guess it was an honor to be "chosen". They would figure out who was up to be "chosen" and they would go and wait for it. Those who didn't get "chosen" and stayed behind couldn't live among the others anymore. I guess the guilty remnant is old as hell. Remnant is like something left behind and not needed or useful anymore.

Lol at black dude smashing kevin's ex wife. This show gets weirder and crazier every episode. That ? threw me all off. Black dude son could have smashed kevin's daughter. It's like they are Hollywood stars living around each other.

What happened to eddie winslow? Did he get taken or killed? I can't remember.

R.I.P guilty remnant. The got blown the ? up........but why?

They think kevin is jesus lol.

Yoooooooooo. That had me ? up. You shot the man in the chest next thing you know you with his ex ? running psychic scams. And kev looking like he gives zero ? about the ? .

He does seem to be killing himself every morning so maybe that's his coping mechanism lol.
    R.I.P to the dog killer, kevin's step son shot the ? out of him ? damn!!!

When that dog came out the cut after and shredded the peanut butter sandwich tho... The writers been trolling the ? out of us with that part of the storyline. Lol.

lolololololololololololol

I'm just picturing how someone would write an assessment and treatment plan to address this during a clinical review or for managed care.

Clinician: "As far as we can tell, the precipitating factors range from killing Patty to his reincarnation as Jesus"

reviewer: "supports?"

Clinician: "his wife is grieving the loss of her family and his daughter is observably distant. However, his ex-wife and the man who shot him are running a "psychic" scam from his home and Kevin characterizes both as "accessible.""

reviewer: does he have any viable coping skills?

Clinican: "He does seem to be killing himself every morning, so maybe that's his coping mechanism"
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I'm still tripping off the guilty remnant being blown up by the government and covered up. They must know something. Whoever contacted nora must have been in on it. They saying the government discovered how to teleport people or some ? but they just don't know where. But now all of a sudden they found out how to go wherever they go....? What was causing this energy just to appear anyway?

They been playing around with religion, superstition, and science. I'm still thinking this ? got something to do with aliens.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaammn homie.

The ether was slangin this episode. Especially kev going in on nora at the end. Talk about a ? break up. He took her soul.
  • PILL_COSBY
    LOL that's some real white people ? . lady said hold my baby because I don't want to take her into a job interview. LOL at letting a stranger hold your baby. That better had been apart of something, like somebody set that up. It seems to me like a bunch of stuff about kids keeps haunting her. Last 3 episodes and especially this one been doing this. Seems like she's being tested or some ? . Her whole focus has been about her kids all series long.

What the ? is going on? I thought there was only 1 book of Kevin Christ. I guess the preacher lied. Kevin and his dad had 1. They both destroyed them.

Yo, it's crazy how they keep ? with us. We don't know if kevin is actually seeing ? , or he's seeing ? not there. We don't know if them science people really know some ? , are scam artist, or they are watching nora. They looked like they were scared of her. This show keeps you guessing, you really don't know what the ? is going on. Like last episode when that old lady who killed that other kevin was telling her story. She thought her kids had vanished in the so called "rapture". So she never looked for them. Turns out they didn't and they just ran off looking for her and died in the desert. This has happened in a lot of cases. So we don't know if these people are being teleported random places. Or it's really the rapture. Those kids could have just got teleported into the desert or some ? and didn't just run off.

Next episode looks like it's about to be crazy.

Daaaammn homie.

The ether was slangin this episode. Especially kev going in on nora at the end. Talk about a ? break up. He took her soul.

To be fair, he was right. She kept going in on him about letting go and moving on. But in reality she was projecting(like most women do). She pulled a female jedi mind trick on his ass. That reverse psychology ? . The last straw is when she smuggled that money into the country. Kev was like "you could have just gave me half". Nora was like "...........OH!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    smash on Carrie ? (no pun)

alabama_Leprechaun.gif~c200
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Leftovers Season 3 ep 4 | G'Day Melbourne Review/Recap | Viral Munchies | Loch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQXQe9qowM

• KingFreeman
    Off top I need a translation of whatever frenchie saying in the beginning.
    Where did that bomb go off?

Matt ready to punch Laurie in her ? .
    Don't understand why they won't tell Laurie an nem what happened with Kevin.
    Lol ? shook that plane. Laurie better chill.

That joke was ? up. It's about to be some freak ? .
    Matt shouldn't have said that ? .
    Look at ? ? Throwing ? off the boat...

AAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhnh maaaaaannn.

So ? just dying and coming back like it aint ? ?

Matt gonna snap in a minute.
    It's about to be ? city tho. Maybe not.
    Oh it's about to be on when they dock.
    John a simp for real.

This man just claiming it? Can't be.
    Hard.bars. But cut the con. Matt got took. Almost had me lol. ? .
    Shoulda took his head off.
    Lol even better. So kevin still the only one that's official. Unless fam comes back. But I don't think he's gonna be in rush hour 3.

• PILL_COSBY
    LOL this ? just keep getting weirder and weirder. The naked crazy mexican dude threw me all off. Y'all peep that was him preying at start of the credits? Somebody who speak spanish translate that ? please.

I knew matt was gonna snap, too much sin was going on. When he ran into dude that said he was ? , that was it.

The lion eating fake ? had some type of importance.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    Madame_CJSkywalker Members Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL this ? just keep getting weirder and weirder. The naked crazy mexican dude threw me all off. Y'all peep that was him preying at start of the credits? Somebody who speak spanish translate that ? please.

I knew matt was gonna snap, too much sin was going on. When he ran into dude that said he was ? , that was it.

the pray in the beginning was French

I think the ending, trip on the ferry was evoking the story of daniel in the lion's den
  • PILL_COSBY

the pray in the beginning was French

I think the ending, trip on the ferry was evoking the story of daniel in the lion's den
    @Madame_CJSkywalker
    You know french? If you do, what was he saying?
  • KingFreeman
    Any thoughts on this week's episode? I had no words lol.
  • (Nope)
    edited May 2017

This is the best ? on TV right now. Nothing else even comes close.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Nothing really happened, just more questions than answers. It's the calm before the storm(pun intended). Next episode is about to be crazy though. Bout to see where nora went. Kevin bout to go back to that place.
  • KingFreeman
    Nothing really happened, just more questions than answers. It's the calm before the storm(pun intended). Next episode is about to be crazy though. Bout to see where nora went. Kevin bout to go back to that place.

Question @PILL_COSBY did Laurie put those boys to sleep or did she poison them?
  • (Nope)

Stole the dogs pills and gave them to them, so they would be unable to ? Kevin.

Kevin's father alludes to dogs pills being stronger than human pills earlier in the episode.
  • KingFreeman
    edited May 2017
    Ok. But are they dead or just out cold? Didn't have time to watch it again.
    @(Nope)
  • (Nope)
    Ok. But are they dead or just out cold? Didn't have time to watch it again.
    @(Nope)

That's not explicitly stated, but I would guess asleep.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker
    (Nope) wrote: »

Stole the dogs pills and gave them to them, so they would be unable to ? Kevin.

Kevin's father alludes to dogs pills being stronger than human pills earlier in the episode.

think she did it just to get some alone time with kevin to say goodbye

kevin, i believe, is still going to die by the hands of his father

• Madame_CJSkywalker
    edited May 2017
    @PILL_COSBY

I don't speak French, but I know it when I hear it and I read a review lol

here's the translation:

I’m the only hope

The last defense of a species about to go extinct

The “warlocks” warned us

These clairvoyant sages saw the truth

They said the creatures would come 7 years after the first ones were taken

7 years after the departure

We were blind of the gods

We are now on the edge of the ravine

On the edge of destruction

When this monster is born we are done for

Because this monster will be born to end us

7 heads and 7 flaming mouths

We have one last hope, the egg

From the warlock maps I found it

Hidden in a nest, in a volcano in the sea

Thank ? for the technology

The nuclear weapon

To break the fragile shell and melt the demons inside

? , may this missile fly straight and find the nest in the volcano

And hopefully this egg wouldn’t have hatched yet, and let it destroy it before it destroys the world.

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/05/the-leftovers-translation-season-3-episode-5-opening-opener-french-s03e05-meaning/
  • Madame_CJSkywalker

it was bitter sweet

didn't think lori was gonna go through with it after jill called

but seems like she been struggling with depression for a long time
  • (Nope)

it was bitter sweet

All of these people are experiencing CPTSD.

I was iffy on the timeline of Lori's decision, so I might need to rewatch that. But I 'm not convinced that she'll follow through with it.

Nora has been really interesting since she was paying prostitutes to shoot her in the first season. She needed to be shot just to feel something.

I wonder if this will end like Lost tho. If what we're seeing is a type of purgatory? Is it all a manifestation of Kevin's mind?

I'm really looking forward to the last episode.
  • Madame_CJSkywalker

it was bitter sweet

All of these people are experiencing CPTSD.

I was iffy on the timeline of Lori's decision, so I might need to rewatch that. But I 'm not convinced that she'll follow through with it.

Nora has been really interesting since she was paying prostitutes to shoot her in the first season. She needed to be shot just to feel something.

I wonder if this will end like Lost tho. If what we're seeing is a type of purgatory? Is it all a manifestation of Kevin's mind?

I'm really looking forward to the last episode.

yea

they are broken ppl

if she did end it, sad she would go through with it after winning back the trust of her children

think all signs say she did though

even the little things like when she says to jill she is "just hanging around" which is funny because she is suppose to be the judas of the group

as far as it being purgatory

lori did say they were all already gone

• Kairo
    Kairo Members Posts: 942 ✭✭✭✭
    Rewatching the series I have no doubt Lori went through with it. In the first season when Kevin is talking to Patti she foreshadows she will ? herself and that Kevin will too.
  • PILL_COSBY
    One of the best episodes and I had no idea what the ? was going on. Only 1 episode left and I think we bout to get a "lost" type of ending.Too much ? to wrap up in only 53 minutes.

I'm thinking that everything that is going on has something to do with kevin. The title of this episode was the most powerful man in the world. Apparently he can't die, and he talks to people who are dead or vanished. People always seem to be trying to get him to believe in something or accept whatever.

Nora's story has been all about kids, children and logic.

The preacher's story seems to be all about his faith.

lori's story seems to be about the psychological aspect.

Kevin's dad's story is spiritual.

Kevin's story seems to be stuck in the middle of all of it lol.

It's like a bunch of doomsday theories going on and how everybody approaches them. The dog killer and the reptilian takeover, kevin's dad, the flood, kevin jesus dying for mankinds sins or some ? , Nora the scientist perspective, crazy naked french dude trying to stop a biblical monster, holy wayne and the immaculate conception, etc etc.
    @PILL_COSBY

here's the translation:

I’m the only hope

The “warlocks” warned us

The nuclear weapon

And hopefully this egg wouldn’t have hatched yet, and let it destroy it before it destroys the world.
    WOW!!!! I knew it had some relevance. Got this from my religious ass cousin.
    Revelation 13:1-10
    And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

LOL sombody @ do you want to go to heaven to shed more light on this.

it was bitter sweet

But I 'm not convinced that she'll follow through with it.
    @(Nope)

I think lori went to go check out the explosion site. Remember nora told her about what happened? The guy in the boat said something about "this is close as I can get, are you sure you want to do this?" or something. I don't think she went out there to commit suicide. I think that part of nora's talk was just to throw us off. I think lori thinks she could possibly die though. Lori has been approaching this whole thing out from psychiatrist's perspective.

If you peep, she been investigating everything from the start, kinda like nora. But she kinda cracked and lost her way when she was checking out the cult. She was originally just trying to see what made them tick and then got caught up. After that was over she got back on her psychiatrist ? again. She even wrote that book and started studying her own situation. Then she started to study the whole kevin jesus situation. After that chapter was done she went to go check out the blast site. I'm pretty sure of it.
  • (Nope)
    edited May 2017
    One of the best episodes and I had no idea what the ? was going on. Only 1 episode left and I think we bout to get a "lost" type of ending.Too much ? to wrap up in only 53 minutes.

I'm thinking that everything that is going on has something to do with kevin. The title of this episode was the most powerful man in the world. Apparently he can't die, and he talks to people who are dead or vanished. People always seem to be trying to get him to believe in something or accept whatever.

Nora's story has been all about kids, children and logic.

The preacher's story seems to be all about his faith.

lori's story seems to be about the psychological aspect.

Kevin's dad's story is spiritual.

Kevin's story seems to be stuck in the middle of all of it lol.

It's like a bunch of doomsday theories going on and how everybody approaches them. The dog killer and the reptilian takeover, kevin's dad, the flood, kevin jesus dying for mankinds sins or some ? , Nora the scientist perspective, crazy naked french dude trying to stop a biblical monster, holy wayne and the immaculate conception, etc etc.
    @PILL_COSBY

here's the translation:

I’m the only hope

The “warlocks” warned us

The nuclear weapon

WOW!!!! I knew it had some relevance. Got this from my religious ass cousin.
    Revelation 13:1-10
    And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

LOL sombody @ do you want to go to heaven to shed more light on this.

it was bitter sweet

But I 'm not convinced that she'll follow through with it.
    @(Nope)

I think lori went to go check out the explosion site. Remember nora told her about what happened? The guy in the boat said something about "this is close as I can get, are you sure you want to do this?" or something. I don't think she went out there to commit suicide. I think that part of nora's talk was just to throw us off. I think lori thinks she could possibly die though. Lori has been approaching this whole thing out from psychiatrist's perspective.

If you peep, she been investigating everything from the start, kinda like nora. But she kinda cracked and lost her way when she was checking out the cult. She was originally just trying to see what made them tick and then got caught up. After that was over she got back on her psychiatrist ? again. She even wrote that book and started studying her own situation. Then she started to study the whole kevin jesus situation. After that chapter was done she went to go check out the blast site. I'm pretty sure of it.

I'm going to have to rewatch this whole ? when it's done. Everything is tied together.

All of them are living a provisional existence. This presents as a reflection of humanity rather than their current circumstances.

Kevin has been searching for meaning and trying to balance his existential freedom as well as his responsibility to others. He literally just got the key to his heart in his visions and blew up an iteration of his personality. (The "guilty remnants" of his person.) He can't go back now, so I'm wondering what's next.

I unno' I need another week or so to process all this. ? is bonkers.