Top 10 first round QB's of the past 10 years

Options
bow to royalty
bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
USA today put together this list. What do you think?

10. Teddy Bridgewater
9. Marcus Mariota
8. Jameis Winston
7. Ryan Tannehill
6. Sam Bradford
5. Joe Flacco
4. Matthew Stafford
3. Matt Ryan
2. Cam Newton
1. Andrew Luck

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luck should be 3
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Luck should be 3

And Ryan 1? I think Cam is too high.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    I'll give Cam a chance to rebound after that lackluster season, but right now Ryan and Cam are a toss up, just two years ago it wouldn't have been close, thisvwill be a telling year as to who's better between those two
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    I'll give Cam a chance to rebound after that lackluster season, but right now Ryan and Cam are a toss up, just two years ago it wouldn't have been close, thisvwill be a telling year as to who's better between those two

I'm giving it to Ryan easy. Cam has a career completion percentage below 60, and has only thrown for over 4,000 yards once in his career (his rookie year).

And last year wasn't a lackluster year for Cam IMO. It was a Cam year for Cam, but his one season made people forget who he was.
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That order is horrible
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Andrew ? Luck?!?!?! You got to be ? me bro.

I won't even mention Cam and his 2 good seasons his entire career. There's a racial bias here for his mediocracy.

But Luck?!?!?! FOH!

Only person, on that list, that should be above Matt is wacko Flacco because of his ring.

That's it, all bs aside

• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mariota better then all them ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ryan

Flacco
    Luck

Cam
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ryan

Flacco
    Luck

Cam

I'd say Luck is better than Flacco. Flacco got hot, had a great postseason, and won a SB...props for that. But he's an average QB. I'd rather have Luck as my QB, easy.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm giving it to Ryan easy. Cam has a career completion percentage below 60, and has only thrown for over 4,000 yards once in his career (his rookie year).

And last year wasn't a lackluster year for Cam IMO. It was a Cam year for Cam, but his one season made people forget who he was.

Can tell you've never really watched Cam like that. This was not a typical Cam year. Cam had a streak of games last year where he was under 50% passing completion, and he had never done that before. Last year he clearly was not himself. Could all the hits finally be catching up to him? Have teams finally figured him out? Who knows...and as a panther fan, I hope not...but last year was not a typical Cam year. I've seen every game Cam has played.
  • bow to royalty
    Options
    AggieLean. wrote: »

Can tell you've never really watched Cam like that. This was not a typical Cam year. Cam had a streak of games last year where he was under 50% passing completion, and he had never done that before. Last year he clearly was not himself. Could all the hits finally be catching up to him? Have teams finally figured him out? Who knows...and as a panther fan, I hope not...but last year was not a typical Cam year. I've seen every game Cam has played.

His completion percentage dropped from bad to terrible. Ya, it's worse than usual, but I'm not sweating degrees of ? . He wasn't accurate last year...He's had an inaccurate career.
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luck overrated AF.

I'm starting to hate that cac like I did Peyton in the early 2000's, when the media was all on his nuts and he hadn't done jack ? .
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand the love luck gets
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    gman82 wrote: »
    I don't understand the love luck gets

Me either

He's not trash but um.....55 interceptions in 55 games is not top 5 in any category for anything but turnovers.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I won't even mention Cam and his 2 good seasons his entire career. There's a racial bias here for his mediocracy.

But Luck?!?!?! FOH!

Only person, on that list, that should be above Matt is wacko Flacco because of his ring.

That's it, all bs aside

? you tripping I know you a falcon fan but really compare luck first 3 seasons to the other qb's on the list and see where they stand
  • vageneral08
    Options
    I would put flacco ahead of stafford because I don't see what's so great about him he's good but not great
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options

But Luck?!?!?! FOH!

That's it, all bs aside

? you tripping I know you a falcon fan but really compare luck first 3 seasons to the other qb's on the list and see where they stand

His 55 picks in 55 games voids his 1st 3 seasons. That list isnt too impressive but none of them do that.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Ryan has not had an impressive career, just a very good season, if he shows me consistency this year I'll say it's him, I think Cam rebounds
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the hell Luck above Cam? Where is his super bowl appearence ? Where is his MVP? gtfoh
  • numbaz...80's baby
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ryan has not had an impressive career, just a very good season, if he shows me consistency this year I'll say it's him, I think Cam rebounds

Lol Cam has 2 seasons with an above 500 record in 6 years. On the other hand, Matt has 2 seasons below 500 in 9 years. This one very good season, you brought up, he's the QB of the 8th best offense in the history of the NFL.

What you mean they're neck and neck? Cam is going to rebound to another 7-9 record like he has every year.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only one got a ring which is the whole point in looking for that franchise QB. Only 3 made it all the way. Only one (Matt Ryan) who doesn't have one can get one. Luck is garbage like I said before. I'm glad thins worked out the way they did. Would take any other QB on the list except Ryan based off of last season at the moment.
  • bow to royalty
    Options

Rebounds to what? He's usually passing for about 3,500 yards and completing 58-59% of his passes. He's overrated as a QB.
  • vageneral08
    Options

But Luck?!?!?! FOH!

That's it, all bs aside

His 55 picks in 55 games voids his 1st 3 seasons. That list isnt too impressive but none of them do that.

If you really think all 55 ints was his fault you tripping....he went deeper in the playoffs in first 3 seasons plus he does more than those other qb's with no running game