? apologist Milo Yiannopoulos Raises 12M for Company to make BLM activists lives 'A Living Hell’…

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.mediaite.com/online/milo-yiannopoulos-raises-12m-for-company-to-make-progressives-lives-a-living-hell/
Milo Yiannopoulos Raises $12M for Company to Make Progressives’ Lives ‘A Living Hell’

Former Breitbart tech editor and professional troll Milo Yiannopoulos announced a new media venture on his Facebook page Friday.

Yiannopoulos was recently shunned by conservatives after videos surfaced of the provocative commentator condoning ? : he was forced to resign from Breitbart, disinvited from speaking at CPAC, and lost a six-figure book deal with Simon & Schuster.

The downfall of Milo followed his speech at UC Berkeley, which was violently disrupted by protestors, perhaps a sign of things to come: this week, fellow rabble-rouser Ann Coulter had her speech at the university canceled due to security concerns. Yiannopoulos said he would “bring an army” to Berkeley to defend Coulter in a defiant missive on Facebook.

Now, it appears Yiannopoulos is looking to turn that army into a business. He announced on his Facebook page Friday that he has raised $12 million for the new media venture, dubbed Milo Inc.

For anyone hoping for some peace and quiet in the wake of violent tensions between campus protestors and supporters of right-wing speakers, Milo has some unfortunate news for you.

In comments provided to Tina Nguyen at Vanity Fair, the new company will be dedicated to “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists, and other professional victims a living hell.”

The company will be based in Miami, and manned by a staff of 30. Per Vanity Fair:

It will be in the business of what can be best described as corporatized trolling via live entertainment, with Yiannopoulos and his investors hosting events featuring right-wing talent. “The business of Madonna became touring,” said Yiannopoulos in a phone interview, citing the artist’s deal with Live Nation. “I’m doing the same thing, but instead of signing up with Live Nation, I’m building one. I’m building it for libertarian and conservative comedians, writers, stand-up comics, intellectuals, you name it.”

The company’s first event will be a “week-long celebration of free speech” in Berkeley, planned for the fall:

It will culminate in his bestowing something called the Mario Savio Award for Free Speech. (The son of Savio, one of the leaders of Berkeley’s Free Speech movement during the mid-1960s, called the award “some kind of sick joke”.)

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's a ? . What else is there to say about him?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So you take time out of your life to raise millions just to make other peoples lives slightly more difficult ?

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I love how people try to paint Blacks as professional victims. If the government has secretly been trying to destroy your community (looking at you Nixon) then I believe you are a victim of tyranny.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    So in other words... business as usual.

It's funny... I know the whole Berkeley situation is supposed to be Liberals vs Conservatives, and I'm supposed to root for the liberal side but every video I see is a bunch of CAC on CAC violence. I just end up laughing and not giving a ? .

As a black man you shouldn't be leaning towards any side. Stay neutral and let them ? each other.

Chuch! Tabernacle! and all that jazz...
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    I love how people try to paint Blacks as professional victims. If the government has secretly been trying to destroy your community (looking at you Nixon) then I believe you are a victim of tyranny.

Even before Nixon.

J. Edgar Hoover anyone?
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    Options
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those types of people don't want to know the truth and even when presented with cold hard facts will continue to deny. They will never be convinced so reasoning wth them is pointless. They are the enemy and should be treated as such.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Even before Nixon.

J. Edgar Hoover anyone?

Before Hoover, Jim Crow