50 Cent versus Wayne who has the better musical catalog???

Options
Soloman_The_Wise
Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in The Reason
Of these now fallen industry idols, Who has provided the Hiphop community the most quality music over the years???

50 Cent versus Wayne who has the better musical catalog??? 85 votes

50 Cent
57%
northside7a_listdalyricalbanditsouthsil4lil[Deleted User]youngnickAlpha_Ambition dwade206sapp08_2001ethosleftcoastkevpower_wisdomachewon87the_focused_oneGhostdenithegawdTHE_R_P. Townqawshunemaculatevageneral08 49 votes
Lil Wayne
42%
damnkpchompolletinfamous114usmarin3aneed123Trillaaaaaapsychobutcher DarthRozayaf.r.i.c.a.spit_fiyatexasdaking88StoneColdMikeysoulfulcatShizlanskyTheBoyRoTurfaholicHafBaykedEDDIEKANE_Goldie_MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 36 votes

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know the answer already closed thread
  • chompollet
    chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    I'd say Vayne
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    This is actually a pretty good comparison
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    I give it to Wayne.

After GRODT 50 been in complete downhill with the exception of War Angel, Forever King, Curtis & Kanaan Tape.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Guess who's back, grodt, and massacre > waynes career

Ppl say 50 fell off....but Wayne was a punchline through his first 4 albums, they are far worse than 50's weakest project
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Wayne has the best catalog but quality wise 50's catalog is more sharpened due to him having less material. Wayne's catalog FG% reminds me of Russel Westbrook. Impressive but a lot of misses.

Carter 5 coming soon?
    It's the Roc?
    ? Cash Money?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Was offended at first but after thinking about it, pretty good comparison through and through

*Both have a classic
    *Both have a near classic (some people would say they both have two a piece.)
    *Both made so much noise on the mixtape scene, gave us a lot of material to get us through slow rap seasons and we dont appreciate it enough.
    *Both careers fell through the ? floor and no one checking for them today.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    This is hilarious 50 is still a competent music maker while Wayne is pure basura
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Idk this is hard
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Personally I chose 50 because I can listen to old 50 and new 50 but the only old Wayne I can force myself to listen through is Leather So Soft and maybe ? Money Weed. I'm definitely not checking for any new Wayne. All that drugged out Martian ? , and firefly early 2000s type ? was hot in its heyday but aged like milk.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Too easy. One sided with quality tho
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    blacktux wrote: »
    Was offended at first but after thinking about it, pretty good comparison through and through

*Both have a classic
    *Both made so much noise on the mixtape scene, gave us a lot of material to get us through slow rap seasons and we dont appreciate it enough.

Wayne doesn't have a clear cut undisputed classic in my opinion. ? like me love C1 and think it's waynes best work but not everyone thinks it's a clear cut classic more of a regional classic.

Some of the late to the party wayne fans think C2 is a classic and waynes best work but i don't think it is a clear cut classic.

But any nonbias rap fan will typically tell you GRODT is a clear cut hip hop classic. I mean lets be honest how many ? are or were bumping Carter 1 or 2 years after it came out as if it was a classic. C3 is the commercial breakthrough album (not a classic) that was played for years to come in mainstream circles.
  • Stew
    edited April 2017
    Options

*Both have a classic

Wayne doesn't have a clear cut undisputed classic in my opinion. ? like me love C1 and think it's waynes best work but not everyone thinks it's a clear cut classic more of a regional classic.

Some of the late to the party wayne fans think C2 is a classic and waynes best work but i don't think it is a clear cut classic.

But any nonbias rap fan will typically tell you GRODT is a clear cut hip hop classic. I mean lets be honest how many ? are or were bumping Carter 1 or 2 years after it came out as if it was a classic. C3 is the commercial breakthrough album (not a classic) that was played for years to come in mainstream circles.

Both of his "most praised* albums got got

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/492701/classic-or-not-vol-104-the-carter/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/482389/classic-or-not-vol-18-the-carter-2
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Sion wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I give it to Wayne.

After GRODT 50 been in complete downhill with the exception of War Angel, Forever King, Curtis & Kanaan Tape.

The Massacre has far better written songs and concepts than GRODT.

? nah
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Stew wrote: »

*Both have a classic

Both of his "most praised* albums got got

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/492701/classic-or-not-vol-104-the-carter/p1

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/482389/classic-or-not-vol-18-the-carter-2

Word i think i remember C1 getting clapped in the Classic or not C2 got it worse lol.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? played Carter 3 two years later?
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    That whole thing of 50 being wack after get rich is ? . Just like some people like to say Snoop was trash after ? which is also ? . Only project that was weak was Curtis and even that had some bangers on it
  • Stew
    Options
    That whole thing of 50 being wack after get rich is ? . Just like some people like to say Snoop was trash after ? which is also ? . Only project that was weak was Curtis and even that had some bangers on it

I think what it is was his hype pretty much died down and his music never really evolved. Humans love to get caught in the moment (myself included).
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    i still bump 50 cent today........cant say da same of wane
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The Massacre definitely aged well. When it first came out I thought it was disappointing.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    i still bump 50 cent today........cant say da same of wane

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Lotta folks just hated Wayne and still hate Wayne and I don't give a ? to defend him, but he is better than 50. Yes, before we knew he kissed another man the hate was there....and ? I oughtta stop right there.
    If it wasn't for 50 being a Schwarzenegger type action figure cover boy for a rap image personified for all the people who wanted to look like him then we would have never heard of him based on rhymes and his raps alone. PLus, Dr.DRe and Eminem endorsed him.

On the other side is Wayne, who nobody wants to look like, did what kid rappers never could do successfully (cross over into adult rapping) and had nothing but rhymes to stand on.

Based on styles. I think of Wayne in the category of Method Man, but most are too young to remember when NY rappers moved away from content and just did rap gymnastics/flipping words.
  • emaculate
    emaculate Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    War Angel