50 Cent versus Wayne who has the better musical catalog???

Options

Comments

• KingLuciano
    KingLuciano Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    50 Cent
    If we're counting mixtapes too its fifty and it ain't close, to me 50 changed how ? did tapes. Whenever this Raphael saadiq song comes on, I'm singing 50s hook by mistake.

https://youtu.be/qk4wcFcLis8 https://youtu.be/vCJY2NSSU1g
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    50 Cent
    They both had astronomical rises and have made a lot of noise in the industry up until the last few years, both have been surrounded by controversy their whole careers and both right now are not making much more than the occasional guest appearance noise in HipHop...
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Wayne still top 5 doa
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Wayne still top 5 doa

? please. Wayne fell off after C3
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    I'll ask this question, if Wayne and 50 both did a concert and only performed songs from their first 4 solo albums, who would have more crowd participation?

You have to go too deep in Wayne's catalog to even make an argument for him, and even then he still can't win.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    I'd say Vayne

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Not a big fan of either but I've never thought 50 was wack and he's put out much better albums. One, really, but it's one more than Wayne so...
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    P. Town wrote: »
    I'll ask this question, if Wayne and 50 both did a concert and only performed songs from their first 4 solo albums, who would have more crowd participation?

You have to go too deep in Wayne's catalog to even make an argument for him, and even then he still can't win.

That's a bogus ass comparison lol

That's like saying let's compare wayne vs 50 from 2007-2012. And on the real wayne could still hold his own with his 1st 4 albums, this mf has has hits as a kid, his hotboys ? alone will get crowd reaction.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    I give it to Wayne.

After GRODT 50 been in complete downhill with the exception of War Angel, Forever King, Curtis & Kanaan Tape.

"He been going completely downhill with the exception of almost every release since GRODT."

Lol. I hate some of you.
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne still top 5 doa

shut the ? up you sound stupid
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    P. Town wrote: »

That's a bogus ass comparison lol

That's like saying let's compare wayne vs 50 from 2007-2012. And on the real wayne could still hold his own with his 1st 4 albums, this mf has has hits as a kid, his hotboys ? alone will get crowd reaction.

Is it bogus because you know Wayne's ? wouldn't stand a chance? Because you know the crowd wouldn't react to Loud Pipes the same way they would What Up Gangsta?
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Wayne still top 5 doa

shut the ? up you sound stupid

Wayne top 5 alive
    Fixed…
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    I'm going with Fif

Interesting comparison both had countless dope mixtapes, their own labels saw success and both dropped a good number of solid albums.

But 50's first three albums were better quality wise imo. Not taking anything away from Weezy because he'll be remembered for his hits, coined phrases & that crazy run he had where he was featured on everyone's ? . Nonetheless 50's albums/tapes > Wayne's catalog.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give it to Wayne.

No Birdman
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Carter 1 and 2 > 50 entire catalog

Wayne mixtapes >>>> 50 mixtapes

? brining up the Kanaan mixtape like that ? wasn't extra meh and was short lived like Future new album
  • Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    I give it to Wayne.

After GRODT 50 been in complete downhill with the exception of War Angel, Forever King, Curtis & Kanaan Tape.

So damn near everything he's released minus The Massacre.

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Lotta folks just hated Wayne and still hate Wayne and I don't give a ? to defend him, but he is better than 50. Yes, before we knew he kissed another man the hate was there....and ? I oughtta stop right there.
    If it wasn't for 50 being a Schwarzenegger type action figure cover boy for a rap image personified for all the people who wanted to look like him then we would have never heard of him based on rhymes and his raps alone. PLus, Dr.DRe and Eminem endorsed him.

On the other side is Wayne, who nobody wants to look like, did what kid rappers never could do successfully (cross over into adult rapping) and had nothing but rhymes to stand on.

Based on styles. I think of Wayne in the category of Method Man, but most are too young to remember when NY rappers moved away from content and just did rap gymnastics/flipping words.

This ? basically said 50 got on because he was hot and lil Wayne is better because he got on but was ugly so his run is better

Unfuckingbelievable delete your account
    I"m not saying y'all are ? for liking 50. I'm just saying you probably like men.
    I mean if you're not listening to his music for the rhymes and rap and when I hear y'all talk about him all you do is mention his videos then that doesn't mean you're ? . You just like looking at men. Don't get mad at me for seeing the ? in you.

basically said you're ? for liking 50, cause the man can't rap for the number of album sales he got.
    Everybody talks about Wayne being ? , so I exposed y'all ? 50 fans for what most (not all since his beats were nice) of y'all are....? . His rhymes don't stand alone so why do you feel his music?

I'll repeat that ? : If Dre and Em didn't endorse him he'd of been unheard of just like he was all that time b4 they did. I"d put Obie Trice above 50.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Lotta folks just hated Wayne and still hate Wayne and I don't give a ? to defend him, but he is better than 50. Yes, before we knew he kissed another man the hate was there....and ? I oughtta stop right there.
    If it wasn't for 50 being a Schwarzenegger type action figure cover boy for a rap image personified for all the people who wanted to look like him then we would have never heard of him based on rhymes and his raps alone. PLus, Dr.DRe and Eminem endorsed him.

On the other side is Wayne, who nobody wants to look like, did what kid rappers never could do successfully (cross over into adult rapping) and had nothing but rhymes to stand on.

Based on styles. I think of Wayne in the category of Method Man, but most are too young to remember when NY rappers moved away from content and just did rap gymnastics/flipping words.

This ? basically said 50 got on because he was hot and lil Wayne is better because he got on but was ugly so his run is better

Unfuckingbelievable delete your account
    I"m not saying y'all are ? for liking 50. I'm just saying you probably like men.
    I mean if you're not listening to his music for the rhymes and rap and when I hear y'all talk about him all you do is mention his videos then that doesn't mean you're ? . You just like looking at men. Don't get mad at me for seeing the ? in you.

basically said you're ? for liking 50, cause the man can't rap for the number of album sales he got.
    Everybody talks about Wayne being ? , so I exposed y'all ? 50 fans for what most (not all since his beats were nice) of y'all are....? . His rhymes don't stand alone so why do you feel his music?

I'll repeat that ? : If Dre and Em didn't endorse him he'd of been unheard of just like he was all that time b4 they did. I"d put Obie Trice above 50.

? in his feelings.
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    The poor bastard.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Shizlansky wrote: »

? brining up the Kanaan mixtape like that ? wasn't extra meh and was short lived like Future new album

Sir get the ? outta here with that ? .

GRODT > C1 and GRODT > C2

Head to head GRODT is better than any single wayne album. The story telling on it is dope as ? and better than the storytelling on any carter joint. And the hits are miles better than any hit from C1 and C2. Matter of fact A Milli at a wayne show has a bigger impact than any single from C1 and C2.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    Both rappers have still dedicated ? fanbases...
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Sir get the ? outta here with that ? .

GRODT > C1 and GRODT > C2

Head to head GRODT is better than any single wayne album. The story telling on it is dope as ? and better than the storytelling on any carter joint. And the hits are miles better than any hit from C1 and C2. Matter of fact A Milli at a wayne show has a bigger impact than any single from C1 and C2.

GRODT is the most overrated album of all time