Ex-Officer Michael Slager Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Walter Scott

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
(CNN)In a plea deal with federal prosecutors, former South Carolina police officer Michael Slager admitted Tuesday to using excessive force in the shooting death of Walter Scott.

Slager shot Scott in the back as the unarmed man was running away from Slager after a traffic stop in April 2015. In a reversal from his previous account of events, Slager admitted in court Tuesday that he did not shoot Scott in self-defense and said that his use of force was unreasonable.
Scott's death sparked renewed "Black Lives Matter" protests after the 50-year-old became the latest in a series of unarmed black men killed by police.

Slager pleaded guilty in US District Court in South Carolina to a federal charge of deprivation of rights under the color of law. In exchange for the plea, state murder charges, as well as two other federal charges, will be dismissed.
Slager faces a maximum penalty of life in prison when he is sentenced later this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/us/michael-slager-federal-plea/index.html

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that muthafucka betta get life..
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

He'll see the streets again. The question is whether or not it will be in this half of the century.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

With his family and Scott's family present, Slager pleaded guilty Tuesday in US District Court in Charleston to a federal charge of deprivation of rights under the color of law. In exchange for the plea, state murder charges, as well as two other federal charges, will be dismissed.
    The civil rights offense has a maximum penalty of life in prison. The plea agreement states that the government will ask the court to apply sentencing guidelines for second degree murder, which carries up to 25 years in prison. He was taken into custody after the hearing and will remain there until sentencing later this year.
    Scott's mother said the sentence mattered little to her now that Slager had admitted responsibility.
    "What made me feel good about it is that Michael Slager admitted what he did. That was enough years for me,"
    she said in response to the question how much time she wanted Slager to serve.

He'll be out in 15
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry Goat but i had to wack thst passive ass ? his mother said

Wtf @ "Thats enough years for me". That kinda attitude is exactly why these murders keep happening
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    Sorry Goat but i had to wack thst passive ass ? his mother said

Wtf @ "Thats enough years for me". That kinda attitude is exactly why these murders keep happening

I know right, on some "oh my bad" and all is forgiven......FOH!