Let's talk Scoring and soundtracks

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
I managed to get my hands on some wicked Kontakt libraries and have gotten into more orchestral sounding music. I was hoping to transition into scoring and soundtracks to have a better shot at getting my music used, because let's face it: production is oversaturated.

Anybody here going this route?

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did it for a software startup back in the late 90's. ? was harder to do back then 'cause it was all hardware back in them days. YOu really had to know how to program the ? outta your synths in order to get the best out of them.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That must have been a good ? experience though. I honestly wouldn't have the patience to do that without ROMs or samplers. How did you make those kinds of connections to get heard by people who need that kind of work?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    That must have been a good ? experience though. I honestly wouldn't have the patience to do that without ROMs or samplers. How did you make those kinds of connections to get heard by people who need that kind of work?

It was one of those "friend of a friend" deals.

One of my boys had this chick that worked as an engineer at Ford that was starting a software company. She brought him in as a VP of the company and a couple other cats from Ford were in with her as well. They wanted to do educational games and needed artists for it. That's how I roped in. They had one artist already but wanted a couple more. IT so happened that one of my other boys and myself were artists (I actually owned a small graphic design company at the time) so we got tapped for it. My boy also knew I was making music so he brought it up in the initial meeting, saying that he could use some help with the scoring of the games. So I got thrown that work as well.

I worked with 'em for about a year and a half before creative differences got in the way.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I managed to get my hands on some wicked Kontakt libraries and have gotten into more orchestral sounding music. I was hoping to transition into scoring and soundtracks to have a better shot at getting my music used, because let's face it: production is oversaturated.

Anybody here going this route?

Yep I've been doing this to score my own film projects that I plan to direct and do cinematography for.