Tom Brady Set to Be on the Cover for Madden 18

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2017 in IllGaming

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 22 and fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days early.

More details should be released soon.
Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
Play Now Live
Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
Target passing
Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
Coverage Assignment
Coach Adjustments
Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise

Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting the standard edition
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to see gameplay first
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    madden using frostbite? That's cool
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is nfl2k5 still the standard when it comes to football games? Havent played madden since '12 and that ? was basura.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is nfl2k5 still the standard when it comes to football games? Havent played madden since '12 and that ? was basura.

Think madden ran out of ? to steal from 2k5 so you can say madden got the crown
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Brady ruptures his achilles

#thecurseisstillrealtomedammit
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they got the new engine for this game so hopefully it'll be better this time
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2K FootBall 4LIFE :#
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You 2k5 ? need to ? yourselves.. its over b...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya'll still gassing this ? huh?
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides a few things like overpowered catches in last years game I thought Madden was solid.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Appropriate. All it needs is nakedness from his "hot wife who isn't really that hot kinda looks like a dude."
  • Trollio
    Options
    If you get the goat edition,you get yo pick of 1 of these 5 players for your madden ultimate team

Tom brady
    Ray lewis
    Neon deion
    Barry sanders
    Jerry rice

And you get the elite player from your favorite team
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder whos the elite player from the Vikes (John Randle,Randy Moss,AP,Cris Carter ?)
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might be the first Madden I buy
  • Maywood
    Maywood Members Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Appropriate. All it needs is nakedness from his "hot wife who isn't really that hot kinda looks like a dude."

f5cvc8eahgog.gif
  • Trollio
    Options
    freshb651 wrote: »
    I wonder whos the elite player from the Vikes (John Randle,Randy Moss,AP,Cris Carter ?)

It will be a current player.

Seahawks...sherman
    Saints...brees
    Cowboys...elliot

Thats all i remember
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maywood wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »

f5cvc8eahgog.gif

Smh @ people who never watch South Park
  • Trollio
    Options
    Who running?

r/MaddenUltimateTeam
    A Message from Jake Stein... MUT Squads, EA Play, new AMA, and more!
    u/MUTReddit6d

Hey there rMUT subscribers, and a welcome to our guests from around the internet!

Today we have the first of what we hope are many blog posts from EA to be hosted here in our community. A quick shoutout to /u/MUTGuru for working with the subreddit mods to get this and the AMA a few weeks ago setup, and now without further ado, we bring you news on Madden NFL 18, direct from /u/JStein2469 himself!

Take it away Jake!

Hey Madden Fans!

My name is Jake Stein, a Producer on Madden Ultimate Team, and I have the privilege of writing the first developer blog of the Madden NFL 18 season. It’s such an exciting time as both a developer and a fan of Madden. From the developer side, we can finally see the finish line as all the planning, long hours, and polish are starting to translate into a fun, cohesive game. From the fans side, it’s your time to start getting drops of information about the new game and imagine what your experience will be, come launch night.

It’s also a time where fans love to analyze any officially released information, tweets, or videos in order to predict what Madden might be teasing.

So let’s talk a little bit about what was found by a few internet sleuths – “2-6 Online Competitive Multiplayer.”

No, that wasn’t a misprint. I’m so thrilled to officially announce what many of you have already assumed was true - the return of online team play in Madden with our new feature called “MUT Squads”. MUT Squads brings what you loved about online team from the past and blends it with the team building power and limitless lineup combinations that are offered in Madden Ultimate Team.

Let’s get into some specifics. Every MUT Squads games will start 3 vs 3. You do this by clicking on the MUT Squads tile inside of Madden Ultimate Team and entering the MUT Squads lobby. Here, you can invite your friends to go into game together or by entering matchmaking on your own where we will pair you up with two other players. To be perfectly clear, no matter if it’s just you or one other friend in the MUT Squads lobby, we will find the additional players it takes to enter a MUT Squads game.

There’s also another very important decision to be made while in the MUT Squads lobby, and this is where we really start to differentiate ourselves from previous iterations of online team play, you must choose one of three roles. The three available roles are Offense Captain, Defense Captain, and Head Coach. Each role is uniquely crafted so let’s dive in a little deeper on each one of those.

Offense Captain:

Brings in all players from Offense and Special Teams for that user’s MUT Lineup

Brings in the offensive playbook and calls every play on Offense

When on Offense, you control the QB at the start of every play

However they are not player-locked to the QB post-snap. If you call a run play and neither of the other two human-controlled players are on the HB, the player controlling the QB will immediately switch and become the ball carrier
    Controls all audibles and adjustments on Offense

When on Defense, the user can control any of the 11 players on the field not controlled by another user

There is no locking into only linebackers, defensive line, or secondary
    Defense Captain:

Brings in all players from Defense for that user’s MUT Lineup

Brings in the defensive playbook and calls every play on Defense

When on Defense, the user can control any of the 11 players on the field not controlled by another user

Controls all audibles and adjustments on Defense

When on Offense, the user can control anyone besides the QB at the start of any given play

Head Coach

Brings in the Head Coach, Stadium, and Uniforms for that user’s MUT Lineup

Calls timeouts and determines the results of penalties for the Squad

When on Offense, the user can control anyone besides the QB at the start of any given play

As you can tell, the Head Coach role has a little less responsibility in your MUT Squad on the field. We have found this role is perfect for your friends that may be newer to Madden Ultimate Team or aren’t ready for the challenge of calling plays, but still want to experience cooperative Madden. For your more experienced squads, you can pass around Head Coach responsibilities. While the Head Coach may not be bringing in the players, it will still be important to make sure all three players on a MUT Squad are on the same page and working together to come away with the victory.

Now that you understand the roles, you’re ready to jump into game. As I mentioned earlier, each game will start off 3 vs 3. In the event that a player must leave early before the session is completed, the game will continue on and the role of the player who left will be transferred to someone else still left in the game. For example, if your Offensive Captain leaves early, the play call and QB responsibilities will move to the Head Coach and everything else stays exactly the same and the game is still able to be played to completion.

There are quite a few new gameplay mechanics that have been designed with MUT Squads in mind but those details will have to wait for another blog. Just know that it’s never been more fun to play the skill positions like it will be in Madden NFL 18!

Like what you hear but you just can’t wait for Madden NFL 18 to drop on August 22nd? Well you’re in luck. MUT Squads will be fully playable on the floor at EA Play in Hollywood, California from June 10-12. Swing by and grab the sticks and ask one of us any questions about Madden you have.

And speaking of answering questions, we’re going to do another Reddit AMA (ask me anything) at 4pm EST on June 2nd. This AMA will specifically focus on MUT Squads and will be an opportunity for us to clear up any questions that may come up after reading this blog.

Free EA Play Tickets: http://bit.ly/2rNWLyU

Thanks for reading all the way to the end but now it’s back to the grind. I have more routes to run and passes to pick off.

-Jake

MUT Squads Logo

164 Comments
    u/cmaddog111 • 6d
    Just to be clear, the /u/MUTreddit account is run by the moderators and will be posting on behalf of EA Sports folks. Please continue to direct questions towards EA AMAs and /u/easports_mut if you have any!

u/Gutfoxx • 6d
    Awesome stuff and on reddit first. We made it! Also, can't wait to let down my teammates in 18.

u/the2ndfifth • 6d
    Dibs on head coach so I can not bring anything to the table and waste all my coins on packs and mooch off you guys with ? squads. K thanks bye

u/JStein2469 • 6d
    What's up, Reddit?! It's so awesome seeing the reactions MUT Squads is inspiring. I know there's a ton of questions and I'm excited to answer everything during the AMA. Thanks for making today as joyful as I hoped it would be!

u/Saharajoe • 6d
    This looks awesome!!!

u/that_scramble • 6d
    RUT is going to represent next year for sure!

u/jrmehle • 6d
    My first thoughts were what are the rewards and will this cost tickets.

u/Bumbelchen • 6d
    Love the idea and can't wait to see what else there is in store.

Should be great for our community, hoping to team up with some of you guys come August.

PS: Please give me a reason to play Madden 17 again, don't let it die already

View more comments
    Top Posts in r/MaddenUltimateTeam
    Why am I pulling packs on a Tuesday?
    Really loving this tight end combo
    Everyone has a thought on how to improve madden going forward so here's mine;
    The redemption set isn't even bad
    New Redemption Set
    View more r/MaddenUltimateTeam posts