Star Trek:Discovery Trailer

illestni99ainne
illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Revolver Ocelot
    Revolver Ocelot Members Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never liked any of the previous shows, but I ? wit the movies.

I'll check this out.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely checking it out
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will watch. Hopefully its good.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Looks wack and since Bryan Fuller is no longer showrunner and was replaced with Akiva Goldsman it probably will be.

But I've seen every Trek show except Voyager so I'll check for the pilot but I'm really not a fan of this whole trying to make Star Trek more like Star Wars trend. Is as bad as the ? trying to make Superman more like Batman.
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited May 2017
    https://youtu.be/Yy9sKeCE8V0

Seth Macfarlane has a Star Trek spoof series on Fox
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they've spent a penny on production.

Star trek has always been about the story though so hopefully it's not all style and no substance
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortyacres wrote: »

Seth Macfarlane has a Starr Trek spoof series on Fox

Id rather see that
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's on All-Access instead of the actual network it's probably garbage.
  • deadeye
    fortyacres wrote: »

Seth Macfarlane has a Star Trek spoof series on Fox

Looks hilarious.
  • Broddie
    deadeye wrote: »

Um this is supposed to be the incentive to get All-Access in the first place. It's exclusive to it to get subscribers and help the service get rolling. The thing is CBS doesn't really have any other IPs that justify the sub. Trek alone won't do for most people.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sasha from TWD....I must support
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really happy that it's another prequel series. I do find it funny that the two female leads have all the racists and sexists ? .
  • deadeye
    Broddie wrote: »
    deadeye wrote: »

Um this is supposed to be the incentive to get All-Access in the first place. It's exclusive to it to get subscribers and help the service get rolling. The thing is CBS doesn't really have any other IPs that justify the sub. Trek alone won't do for most people.

Double-edged sword.

The only thing that will draw people to All-Access is quality programming........not gimmicks.

Problem is, if the programming is too good.........it'll probably go directly to CBS instead of All Access.

In which case, if they really wanna get people to watch........they need to just make it available as a regular cable channel and draw people in with their programming.

No reason to go out of your way to "subscribe" to it.

I know I wouldn't.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not feeling the 10 years before Kirk and Spock angle. The Original Series set the bar high and none of the shows after it have come close and never will. Mentioning them raises expectations.

I'll tune in.
  • jono
    northside7 wrote: »
    I'm not feeling the 10 years before Kirk and Spock angle. The Original Series set the bar high and none of the shows after it have come close and never will. Mentioning them raises expectations.

I'll tune in.

Yeah I would have preferred it to be just a new team post DS9
  • Broddie

I'll tune in.

TOS is the innovator but both TNG and DS9 were better overall. Especially DS9.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

I'll tune in.

I disagree. The next generation was far superior to the original cheesy and campy Tar Trek.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    edited May 2017

I'll tune in.

Hol'up bruh...let's not get carried away.

Cuz I got Star Trek The Next Generation up there wit the original mayne. Damn sho a classic.

Now all the other ones after that is debatable. Although I did like Deep Space 9.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360

I'll tune in.

I disagreed. The next generation was far superior to the original cheesy and campy Tar Trek.

Well to be fair...you gotta consider when the OG ST came out. You talkin about the 60's being compared to 90's.

Of course Next Generation be somewhat superior, but I still wouldn't put it over the original. W/o the 1st one, there wouldn't be any others after that.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll tune in.

I disagreed. The next generation was far superior to the original cheesy and campy Tar Trek.

Well to be fair...you gotta consider when the OG ST came out. You talkin about the 60's being compared to 90's.

Of course Next Generation be somewhat superior, but I still wouldn't put it over the original. W/o the 1st one, there wouldn't be any others after that.

LOL it's still much better than the original. The cast and characters are way better too. Only Kirk and Spock are on the same level as the characters in NG. Better writing too.
  • jono
  • Broddie
    TNG dropped the ball towards the end while DS9 reached perfection with the dominion war. Both did much more for Trek lore than TOS overall.
  • northside7
    TOS writing, acting and story>>>>>

You guys want to start a civil war in here lol
  • northside7

I'll tune in.

The bold.

Give me the animated series as well.