Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Thread

Options

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been trying to get into this game. Someone break it down step by step.
  • black caesar
    Options
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know if you guys have been following, but this new bitcoin derivative coin went nuts price wise. The fluxuations are insane.

If you got some you did good
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn... if I had picked up Doge when it was in the 60's I could have made 2.5x on my money.
  • black caesar
    Options
    damn... if I had picked up Doge when it was in the 60's I could have made 2.5x on my money.

Sup with a beginner's guide? Help us out.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you even take bit coin out for cash?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olorun22 wrote: »

When you sell, have a bank account ready to deposit the funds. Depends on the platform you're using
  • black caesar
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »

When you sell, have a bank account ready to deposit the funds. Depends on the platform you're using

@dwade206 What platform are you using?
  • black caesar
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I dont know if you guys have been following, but this new bitcoin derivative coin went nuts price wise. The fluxuations are insane.

@LUCIEN Can you do a beginner's guide for us?
  • LUClEN
    Options

I can definitely kick some. I'm no pro.

Maybe gimme a list of a few things you wanna know about, I can start from those and add on what I have learned this year so far
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got in MGTI for the week...maybe longer
  • Olorun22
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Where are y'all buying these coin?

I've been trying to get them to buy with usd.. but people keep comin up with exchanges... You can't exchange what you don't have
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Where are y'all buying these coin?

I've been trying to get them to buy with usd.. but people keep comin up with exchanges... You can't exchange what you don't have

There are a few sites to buy bitcoin with US dollars. Coinbase and LocalBitcoin are probably the most popular
  • black caesar
    Options

I can definitely kick some. I'm no pro.

Maybe gimme a list of a few things you wanna know about, I can start from those and add on what I have learned this year so far

@LUCIEN How do you know what each cryptocurrency is worth? Is there a site where you can keep track of them like looking at morningstar for stocks?

What exchanges do you recommend?

I also heard you can buy bitcoins in increments. Is this true?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Just jumped into this thread on page 1 bitcoin was worth under 2500 its now worth almost 4400 ? how much profit are u at lucien and koncept?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    Just jumped into this thread on page 1 bitcoin was worth under 2500 its now worth almost 4400 ? how much profit are u at lucien and koncept?

I took two pretty big hits, so I'm not profitable yet. Since BTC went back up I may just dump the remaining bit I have into the market to see what I can do with it.

I was given $7 worth of bitcoin back in October of last year in order to run QA tests on a Canadian exchange. The guy I was working for just told me to keep it and I sat on it. When I got into the market, that $7 of bitcoin was already worth over $20. I dumped more than half into the market to play around with it. The remaining bitcoin I had was only worth $8-$9 at the time and as of today it's worth $18.52.

I'm going back in again this week but I'm going to play it a bit more cautiously.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    I had 2 bitcoin at my peak. I invested into stellar and ate a huge loss. I'm currently at 0.6 bitcoins. I started with about 30 dollars so I can't complain, but I would be up much higher.

My us dollar value is 2300
  • dwade206
    Options
    Litecoin is looking really good
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Litecoin was flying the other day. A bit late to get in now, idk how much more momentum it has
  • black caesar
    Options
    Litecoin was flying the other day. A bit late to get in now, idk how much more momentum it has

You haven't answered my questions man. What exchanges do ya'll recommend?
  • dwade206
    Options

Lol, people said the same thing when it was in the mid 40 range. Stable and growing? I say load up, bruh.
  • Olorun22
    edited August 2017
    Options

You haven't answered my questions man. What exchanges do ya'll recommend?

Bitmap kraken coinbase bitrrex
  • Lefty_
    Lefty_ Members, Writer Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I have coinbase and I use a bitcoin card. I have to go find em because I was using them a lot when I was doing online gambling.
  • black caesar
    Options
    What's the difference between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash? (BTC)
  • dwade206
    Options
    Technical disputes among the people that were mining coins disagreed on the future of Bitcoin which lead to a subsidiary of the Bitcoin...Bitcoin Cash. Had a spark when it started but now it's looking garbage.